Login

russian armor

COH1 2.700.2.22 bugs / problems

PAGES (9)down
26 Jan 2014, 18:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2014, 08:21 AMFanatic
Well that´s what NewTeamSexy & Planokur did yesterday. :-) Not with a sync but a maphack.

Google Company of Heroes maphack, people are offering money for a new version and it looks like there prayers have been heared.

Create a new Steam Account: for free
Buy CoH: 5 (?) Dollar

So wayne.

Buying coh is more like 20 dollars.
26 Jan 2014, 18:27 PM

Can someone link me to this maphack? I'll report it and remove the post.

Thanks.

dude the maphack has been up for like 3 years just google it
26 Jan 2014, 18:28 PM
Patrion 14

Tip of the day: Don´t buy at Steam.
26 Jan 2014, 20:10 PM

Can someone link me to this maphack? I'll report it and remove the post.

Thanks.

I am not going to link it. It was easy enough for me to find.

It was somewhat educational to read through the thread. I learned about the game and some of the mechanics and gamers' views on the hacks (most of them self-serving). The thread included many threats of reporting and claims from the coder that he had been in touch with Relic and even provided them with his source code. The sum total of what had been done about it over the last 5-6 years is.... nothing.

Different patches have broken the maphack. And it is possible that whatever was done could be done on a semi-regular basis on regular subsequent basis to ruin the capabilities of maphacks for a time. But I am not holding my breath.

Or Relic could ban accounts or even work with Steam to ban Steam accounts. Doing so would mean they have to buy new games, wouldn't it?

But again, I am not holding my breath. If they didn't do anything when COH was the hottest thing out there, they aren't going to do it now that they pushed it to its last legs with that last patch.
26 Jan 2014, 21:37 PM

afterall they moved coh 1 to steam. Every other company would've let the game die *cough*EA GAMES*cough*. Maybe their changes help this time? Afterall they banned custom .dll loading from coh. So, chances are they might do something with VAC.
26 Jan 2014, 22:08 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Any Statement from the Relic Guys on SNF?
26 Jan 2014, 22:15 PM

26 Jan 2014, 22:58 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2014, 22:15 PMmorten1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

Just asking because they announced it... I should've known better...
27 Jan 2014, 00:32 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

@Jason: right now there is no program allowing you to do that in COH2 and no maphack yet, but from my experience with the FP forum it's definitely possible to cause them even without a specific program to cheat (if you have enough knowledge on how to do it).

From what I understood till now: (I deserve the right to be partially wrong since Relic didn't unveil exactly all the mechanics behind it)

"Battle servers" are a mid solution between dedicated servers and p2p and they are currently being tested in the beta of COH2. Basically you connect to Battle servers before connecting to the other player, which means:

-if you drophack/sycnhack you are doing it to the BattleServer, that would give you the loss directly because the system would recognize you are the one who disconnected/were the source of de-sync.
-who lags is the only one perceiving it, others won't notice it (which means games should have way way less lag in team games and even in 1vs1 if you play with someone who lives way far from you)
-Observer mode and better replay features will be possible to build with the Battle Servers infrastructure (sever sided features)

That being said, in the interview Quinn said that they are planning to give COH1 all the functionalities it had before and they hope to bring Battle Servers to COH1 too (you will see the interview published tomorrow also on coh2.org youtube account in case someone gets interested to hear exactly the words Quinn used ;) ), which might help with the current issues with the game (together with at least another patch since Quinn also said that Smoking Guns are still working to fix the game that is clearly not fixed).

Apart from the fixes the game needs, patching the game is just a way to temporarly fix the maphack issues but there is no permanent solution unless you make the game entirely server side (which something that even in a game like Starcraft II doesn't happen because it would cost too much and it would not be feasible considering the high amount of data to tranfer in single game - and do not bring in League of Legends/Dota 2 because in those games you effectively control only 1 or very very few units and the games have huge numbers of players, that's the reasons because it's technically and economically possible to do that).

Or unless you create another Fair Play Team (or something similar) and you put it to work like we did on Gamereplays: it would require a lot of effort but it would at least decrease the maphacking issues.
27 Jan 2014, 00:40 AM

Thanks for the information, Marcus. Much appreciated, and it sounds very promising!
27 Jan 2014, 02:37 AM
27 Jan 2014, 04:55 AM

Good to hear what Quinn said. Although i don't understand, whats the problem in fixing 1 major issue of sync errors in current patch of coh which is caused due to last broken patch even tho month passed. They can release hotfix, can't they? They should, cause this is game breaking problem due to patch.

Battle servers are good but they will introduce it in coh2 first then coh. I wonder, what is the time frame for it, may be over year. Anyway will be cool to get battle server for coh in future.

@Marcus= try your best to get snf 6 for coh in future ^^
27 Jan 2014, 08:18 AM
Patrion 14

@Marcus
Thx for the information.

Or unless you create another Fair Play Team (or something similar) and you put it to work like we did on Gamereplays: it would require a lot of effort but it would at least decrease the maphacking issues.

Let´s say the community would create a new fair play section. Would Relic support it? Supporting this project means is Relic willing to ban people if the FP sections decides they deserve a ban and is Relic capable to do ban people in matters of organisation at all since CoH is Steam based now? I am talking about CoH1, not CoH2.
27 Jan 2014, 14:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2014, 08:18 AMFanatic
@Marcus
Thx for the information.

Let´s say the community would create a new fair play section. Would Relic support it? Supporting this project means is Relic willing to ban people if the FP sections decides they deserve a ban and is Relic capable to do ban people in matters of organisation at all since CoH is Steam based now? I am talking about CoH1, not CoH2.

I have not read all of the license agreement but I would guess in there there is the right to ban certain game keys. They don't need Steams permission for that. It would not keep someone from buying a new game with an old account or, especially, with a new account. But it certainly Relic has some power (unless they have some different terms in their contract with Steam).
28 Jan 2014, 10:58 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2014, 08:18 AMFanatic
@Marcus
Thx for the information.

I honestly don't know but it would have to be organized by some top COH1 players with the knowledge and the credibility necessary to do something like this. It is quite an hard process to identify cheaters and be close to 100% sure about them cheating (especially with maphacks).

With drophacks and synchacks you mainly collect the evidences (screenshots, multiple reports) and after you have enough of them (3-4 reports in a limited amount of time) you can actually start the process of reporting that person to Relic.
28 Jan 2014, 18:38 PM

since the patch work like a charm (ie no rank matching, along other things) I constantly quieting when i see an useless nub and there are many out there.
Sometimes its freezing their game (not because I care) but some thinks its a drop hack.

So careful with the ban.
28 Jan 2014, 19:31 PM

That being said, in the interview Quinn said that they are planning to give COH1 all the functionalities it had before and they hope to bring Battle Servers to COH1 too

Holy hell that would be fantastic. All relic's crimes against the CoH franchise would be forgiven!
28 Jan 2014, 21:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2014, 19:31 PMMoon

Holy hell that would be fantastic. All relic's crimes against the CoH franchise would be forgiven!

4th stats reset in the past six months holy fuck?
29 Jan 2014, 00:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2014, 23:41 PMNoun
We are looking into the issues that have been reported here. Thank you for reporting them.

How we looking team? :)
29 Jan 2014, 09:36 AM

GAME SO BUGGED, TIGER AINT EVEN SHOOTING STRAIGHT.

No srsly, updates ? As Relic got 2 news CMs.. I'm not even asking for improvements, but some forum presence at least..
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight