Login

russian armor

Tactical Movement ability pricing

19 Dec 2013, 17:37 PM

Does anyone find this ability somewhat expensive for what its worth? I mean 40 Munitions to just run faster for a short period of time, which I've found only useful in getting reinforced squads back to the front quicker.

It just doesn't seem like a realistic cost for what it does compared to many other abilities in the game.

Thoughts?
19 Dec 2013, 17:42 PM

It would be better if it was more like Hurrah, so I could use it for individual squads. It generally appears in munitions heavy docs so I almost never use it, since I need the munitions for many other things.
19 Dec 2013, 17:51 PM

It's the same cost as popping smoke, or using Oorah! on four Conscript squads at once. For what it does I think it's fine, though I suppose the duration could be extended somewhat.

Does it affect RoF or just movement? A RoF boost whilst active would be great; that'd move it from being 'okay I guess' to 'very useful'.
19 Dec 2013, 18:15 PM

It's the same cost as popping smoke, or using Oorah! on four Conscript squads at once. For what it does I think it's fine, though I suppose the duration could be extended somewhat.

Does it affect RoF or just movement? A RoF boost whilst active would be great; that'd move it from being 'okay I guess' to 'very useful'.

It just affects movement. Popping smoke conceals you and is definitely more useful in many situations. Granted that if you have 6 squads for 40 munitions they all sprint versus 40 munitions for Oorahs on 4 conscripts. Still though it's very difficult to see what types of situations its going to be very useful in at many points in the game and I find myself just never using it since it just feels like a waste of 40 munitions.
19 Dec 2013, 18:15 PM

It is just movement, it is relatively short, and if you are paying for 4 conscripts squads worth of movement and you only move one squad it is expensive. In addition, it is only found in munitions heavy docs, so having spare munitions around is not going to happen. I have seen it used only a few times.

It could probably even be made free, since it comes out late (6 cps?), if it did it should be activated on a squad by squad basis.
19 Dec 2013, 18:18 PM

I actually think it is rather good. The main problem of it, however, is that Ostheer has so many other munition cost upgrades etc. that this isn't used as often as it could be. Its placement in commanders that already have a high munitions cost with G43s and other stuff makes this even worse.

It is good for stuff you would use Oorah! for: Catch up to tanks to get a Panzerfaust off, flank a MG (though it is very different), just get those Panzergrenadiers into short range quicker. However, it can also be used in a defensive manner, especially when repositioning MGs, mortars and snipers.
19 Dec 2013, 18:19 PM

It is just movement, it is relatively short, and if you are paying for 4 conscripts squads worth of movement and you only move one squad it is expensive. In addition, it is only found in munitions heavy docs, so having spare munitions around is not going to happen. I have seen it used only a few times.

It could probably even be made free, since it comes out late (6 cps?), if it did it should be activated on a squad by squad basis.

Comes out at 4 CPs, but even then that's still fairly late to even make it useful. Even if the ability was reduced to half its cost I don't even think many would use it still. Then again 20 munitions for your whole army running does seem excessive now that I think more about it.
19 Dec 2013, 18:28 PM

Right, now I know that it just gives a movement boost (thanks for the confirmation) I will say that the price is fine, but I'd like it to give a RoF/cooldown boost (nothing drastic, but enough to make K98s a bit more lethal) and possibly make it last a bit longer.

I reckon those changes would see it used a lot more in MP. You could then adjust the ability cooldown accordingly (so it isn't spammed).
19 Dec 2013, 18:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Im using it when people use T1. Being able to catch up a sniper with some PGs is kinda nice to have.
19 Dec 2013, 23:08 PM
Patrion 14

Seen it been used for quite awesome snipermicro as well by StephennJF on his stream. Pop ability, ostheer sniper can get out of a sticky situation but still be able to be in the fight.
20 Dec 2013, 01:45 AM

it needs to be like an ability that each squad can use for 20 munitions, once its unlocked the ability is given to the squad, rather than it being a global ability that needs to be acttivated
20 Dec 2013, 03:10 AM

There was a sprint ability on one of the leaked commanders. So it seems like relic already has something similar in the works.

The ability as it is can be very potent when used in an offensive and is pretty cheap considering. Any cheaper and it would be far too spammable.
23 Dec 2013, 03:05 AM

I think it be cool if relic made the ability into a squad specific ability AND an entire army ability at the same time. That way you could have both at your disposal maybe.

That may create some more tactical use out of it while being only doctrine specific.
23 Dec 2013, 03:27 AM

There was a sprint ability on one of the leaked commanders. So it seems like relic already has something similar in the works.

The ability as it is can be very potent when used in an offensive and is pretty cheap considering. Any cheaper and it would be far too spammable.
Like oorah?
23 Dec 2013, 03:35 AM

Maybe slightly higher price to go with it to be fair perhaps?
23 Dec 2013, 04:27 AM

Like oorah?

It's probably the same as the soviet sniper and maxim vet ability.
23 Dec 2013, 17:53 PM

Has anyone used the Maxim sprint ability? It seems very out of place.

23 Dec 2013, 18:34 PM

^I use it occasionally when I want the maxim somewhere to reinforce or to get it out of a situation that looks bad, but not quite bad enough that it needs to retreat.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★