Login

russian armor

(1v1) Meadowlands

19 Dec 2013, 06:08 AM

Hey everyone. MileWideThigh here. Got a new 1v1 posted on the steam workshop.
Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=205326091
Screens Below.

Check out my workshop for other maps if you like this one (or if you don't, that would be fine too):
http://steamcommunity.com/id/djo47/myworkshopfiles/?appid=231430

Enjoy!
19 Dec 2013, 07:53 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Damn this looks good.
Not a big fan of the "semoisky fog" though
19 Dec 2013, 08:53 AM

Nice work man! Looks good. I'll give it a try straight away.
19 Dec 2013, 09:51 AM

I like the map layout.

But just curious, if you hold the center VP and both fuels, any one single cut off. (4 available) will connect both fuels to your base.

So it kinda takes away the power of the cut offs, because for them to work you also need to hold the center VP. Which maybe works out well for intense battles in the middle?

I just feel like having it connect 10 sectors is maybe too powerful?
19 Dec 2013, 11:22 AM

I like the map layout.

But just curious, if you hold the center VP and both fuels, any one single cut off. (4 available) will connect both fuels to your base.

So it kinda takes away the power of the cut offs, because for them to work you also need to hold the center VP. Which maybe works out well for intense battles in the middle?

I just feel like having it connect 10 sectors is maybe too powerful?

I agree to an extent. I think in a 1v1 this fast paced it's probably a good idea only have semi-cutoffs. Personally, I don't like VP's as sectors but that is a taste issue.

I only played a few games against cpu but it seems well balanced and you have to be on your toes to come out on top. Good building placement too.

I have to agree on the fog though. Don't much care for the aesthetics of it.
19 Dec 2013, 19:41 PM

Updated with aesthetic changes, fixed strat points. New screenshots are on steam. Will try to upload the new tacmap later today. Thanks for the feedback, everyone.
19 Dec 2013, 22:54 PM

Certainly looks good, could you possibly make a 2v2 version (for compstomping at least)? :)
20 Dec 2013, 03:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2013, 22:54 PMLutzow
Certainly looks good, could you possibly make a 2v2 version (for compstomping at least)? :)

To be frank, I probably won't update it for 2v2 for the reason that it would require a pretty big redesign of the base areas for a map made specifically for 1v1s. I'd rather use that time to make a map for you guys that was specifically for 2v2s because I think the end result will be much better, and I already planned to do a 2v2 as my next project, anyhow. Regardless, I appreciate your comment and interest.
Only Relic postRelic 20 Dec 2013, 07:00 AM
Developer Relic Badge

took a quick look a this map, looks pretty cool, going to take it for a spin soon. the biggest recommendation I have is that you should attempt to match up the territory flow with the topography of the map to give it a natural feeling. try matching up the territory layout to the roads, fence lines, lines of LOS blockers etc...
20 Dec 2013, 08:48 AM

Looks pretty good, I will try this. Be sure to check out my updated map as well.
20 Dec 2013, 09:25 AM

took a quick look a this map, looks pretty cool, going to take it for a spin soon. the biggest recommendation I have is that you should attempt to match up the territory flow with the topography of the map to give it a natural feeling. try matching up the territory layout to the roads, fence lines, lines of LOS blockers etc...

Done. Thanks for the solid advice Eagleheart. The presentation is way more convincing now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 52
Poland 13
United States 17
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %