Login

russian armor

INPUT LAG Relics Lost Cause

24 Dec 2013, 17:46 PM

Well said inverse
24 Dec 2013, 20:16 PM

Well all of you guys refuted me. I think the player base is growing especially with the steam sale, but a lot of people quit playing because they loved the gimmicky matches.

Either way, it would temporary increase the amount of players but at the same time split them apart.
24 Dec 2013, 21:33 PM

well, the logical thing to do is to look at CoH 1, there were plenty of people on both custom games and automatch. CoH 2 would be no different , Noun said there were more people playing CoH 2 than CoH 1 had previously so looking at the facts it would only give players what they wanted with less restrictions and more choice available which in turn would make the game more varied , less repetitive and more customizable.

I see no negatives to adding lobby's only much needed ground breaking advances.
25 Dec 2013, 15:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2013, 15:56 PMInverse
The problem is, lobbies shrink the player pool even more. It was impossible to get ranked 3v3s/4v4s in vCoH because everybody who played those modes made lobbies and kicked anyone that was too good or too bad. The best part of CoHO was being able to find a 3v3 on Red Ball in like 3 minutes. It was great.

CoH2's playerbase is just too tiny. I think it's smart to limit the ways to find games currently, because it forces everybody into the same pool of players and makes finding games a lot quicker. When you only have a few thousand people playing your game at any given time, and when the majority of those players are playing campaign or AI skirmishes, you need to avoid fragmenting the playerbase as best as you can.

That is simply not true. I have played a lot of great and fair game through the lobby, and I still do. Yes you have some players who make unfair teams, and in COH2 you have the same kind of players quitting upon loading and matchmaking with theire clan, resulting in the similair problems.

If implementing a lobby would kill the automatch because people would choose lobbies, then automatch obviously isnt all that great or populair. THe playerbase is tiny, as you say, and will probably continue to shrink as long as vital features like lobbies are gone. Its not like all the people who hate VP or dont like random matches are going to play automatch. A lot of people, most?, simply leaves the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★