Ubisoft to Buy THQ?

22 Dec 2012, 03:15 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

This on machinima. Discuss...

22 Dec 2012, 03:45 AM
22 Dec 2012, 04:06 AM

lol funny pic ^^

but.. well ubisoft not that bad of a company I think..
22 Dec 2012, 04:49 AM
Honorary Member Badge

lol funny pic ^^

but.. well ubisoft not that bad of a company I think..

you apparently haven't played any of there games besides assassin's creed.

there are 3 company's I don't want touching thq ea, ubi, activison. if i made a 4th it would blizzard but im not sure about them but, if blizzard let them do there thing it might be okay.
22 Dec 2012, 05:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2012, 04:49 AMWiFiDi

you apparently haven't played any of there games besides assassin's creed.

there are 3 company's I don't want touching thq ea, ubi, activison. if i made a 4th it would blizzard but im not sure about them but, if blizzard let them do there thing it might be okay.

What's wrong with Ubi?
I dunno but at least their tech support are nice
And yeah I haven't played any games of Ubisoft beside Assassin's Creed series

wait I played Rabbids on Wii
22 Dec 2012, 05:28 AM

better than nothing really
22 Dec 2012, 09:27 AM

Rather Ubisoft than EA
22 Dec 2012, 13:59 PM

Rather Ubisoft than EA

Exactly!
and from what I remember Ubi isn't that bad
22 Dec 2012, 14:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

Exactly!
and from what I remember Ubi isn't that bad

+1

Played a few Ubi games and never complained much about them.
22 Dec 2012, 17:10 PM

Ubisoft is not a "bad" company, but they are way too commercial for our good as a community.

I, for one, would hate having to use UPlay to enjoy CoH at all.

And anyone who played AC3 knows the ending was more disappointing than ME3. They also bastardized Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six and their own brainchild, Splinter Cell.

Don't get me wrong, they do decent games, and they generally seem to treat their employees well... but its just not what I'd wish for Relic.

22 Dec 2012, 18:21 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Ubisoft is not a "bad" company, but they are way too commercial for our good as a community.

Don't get me wrong, they do decent games, and they generally seem to treat their employees well... but its just not what I'd wish for Relic.

Why are Ubisoft too commercial? I mean, it's THQ's business failure which led to the current hiatus.
22 Dec 2012, 18:24 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Rather Ubisoft than EA

Surely, if a company can run a business properly i.e. make a profit and support its games, does it really matter who takes over the Relic studio?
22 Dec 2012, 18:35 PM

Surely, if a company can run a business properly i.e. make a profit and support its games, does it really matter who takes over the Relic studio?

Not really. I personally just think that Ubisoft would be better :)
23 Dec 2012, 00:48 AM

After Heroes VI, I made a promise to never EVER buy anything from Ubisoft EVER again. I love the game, so the weird stuff they pulled off were only more hurtful. The fuckups from the publishers part basically made the game unplayable for the first year or so. Then after they finally started supporting the game (after putting down the original creator studio) it took another 3-6 months to get it to the point where it should have been on the launch. I will never forgive them. I've forgiven the inconveniences with some of their other games, but this one.. never.

Ubisoft has a nice puppet regime of scapegoat game studios and a very convincing support scene, but when you reach the heart.. only darkness can be found from there. THQ, don't sell Relic to Ubisoft, please.
23 Dec 2012, 01:22 AM

Why would people blame the endings of ME3 and AC3 on the publisher...?
23 Dec 2012, 07:21 AM
Honorary Member Badge

After Heroes VI, I made a promise to never EVER buy anything from Ubisoft EVER again. I love the game, so the weird stuff they pulled off were only more hurtful. The fuckups from the publishers part basically made the game unplayable for the first year or so. Then after they finally started supporting the game (after putting down the original creator studio) it took another 3-6 months to get it to the point where it should have been on the launch. I will never forgive them. I've forgiven the inconveniences with some of their other games, but this one.. never.

Ubisoft has a nice puppet regime of scapegoat game studios and a very convincing support scene, but when you reach the heart.. only darkness can be found from there. THQ, don't sell Relic to Ubisoft, please.

here for all those who wish to avoid said topic or my post feel free to watch this video I have about a lion, a jungle and some other happy shit. :D its in the spoiler below.

rant begins...

RUSE
il-2 Sturmavik (the most recent one.)
Assasinscreed 3 (haven't played it yet but ive heard the news gonna play it anyways just because ive come this far.)

just to name a few that I personally bought or was gonna buy that they took a dump on sold to the consumers. with ubi this happens to consistently to not for ubi to have a large role. sure im sure the devs have some fault but look at the blood trail Ubi's associated with.

also lets not forget U-PLAY wait i have problems with uplay??? okay fixed back on track lets not forget there DRM crap they keep trying to shove in our faces (making it next to impossible to play there games). because they want more money. people are either gonna pirate there game or they aren't. you can't truly win the war against piracy without just seizing up and stop producing games. and even then they just gonna steal your old games.

then there's EA but that's a whole nother animal for a whole nother time.

rant over. :P
24 Dec 2012, 09:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2012, 07:21 AMWiFiDi

here for all those who wish to avoid said topic or my post feel free to watch this video I have about a lion, a jungle and some other happy shit. :D its in the spoiler below.

rant begins...

RUSE
il-2 Sturmavik (the most recent one.)
Assasinscreed 3 (haven't played it yet but ive heard the news gonna play it anyways just because ive come this far.)

just to name a few that I personally bought or was gonna buy that they took a dump on sold to the consumers. with ubi this happens to consistently to not for ubi to have a large role. sure im sure the devs have some fault but look at the blood trail Ubi's associated with.

also lets not forget U-PLAY wait i have problems with uplay??? okay fixed back on track lets not forget there DRM crap they keep trying to shove in our faces (making it next to impossible to play there games). because they want more money. people are either gonna pirate there game or they aren't. you can't truly win the war against piracy without just seizing up and stop producing games. and even then they just gonna steal your old games.

then there's EA but that's a whole nother animal for a whole nother time.

rant over. :P

Oh yeah, RUSE too..
25 Dec 2012, 12:41 PM

Why are Ubisoft too commercial? I mean, it's THQ's business failure which led to the current hiatus.

But THQ's failures were not necessarily because they were/weren't commercial. THQ is VERY commercial, but they took unecessary risks where they shouldn't (uDraw? wtf!) and they played safe when they should have risked more (too much reliance on licensed content, such as Movie branded games, etc).

This translates into easy sales, but lacking original IP for the most part pretty much killed them. A kid will want the spongebob game, but it doesn't create a loyal customer. EA knows this, Ubisoft knows this, Activision knows this. You'll noticed that, while they rehash a lot of sequels, they are sequels for original IP a lot of the times, or very loved IP that has a recurrent or known fanbase (FIFA, Farcry, Syndicate, Splinter Cell, etc).

Look at THQ's lineup for the past years, they have absolutely nothing, bar a few exceptions (Saints Row, Darksiders, perhaps Metro and Red Faction), that makes a customer choose it over the competition. CoH was such an exception in the RTS genre, but that was six years ago.

Ubisoft IS a great company, no doubt about it. They have taken flak from the public, but every big company does at one point or another. Yet people still buy Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed, regardless of how much they rehash or distort them as the years go by.

The publisher is ALWAYS responsible, in some part, for the finished product. The reaosn depends: sometimes they are not supervising production and the developer doesn't deliver, sometimes they demand stupid things, or too much from the developer (2K Games required on a very short notice, that Spec ops: The Line included a multiplayer feature, just so the box and marketing could say so. The result was disastrous for the reviews, while the single player was generally considered positive).

Another example is Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2. Anyone who has played those series thoroughly will notice how much the design and style changed over the years, EXACTLY when EA bought Bioware's parent company. The result? While not official, rumors state that both of the remaining co-founders resigned form the videogames industry altogether, a massive blow sinc ethey were some of the industry's creative leaders.

Change is good, but only if properly managed.

25 Dec 2012, 15:48 PM

Ubisoft is ok, they make Far Cry, Assassins Creed and the Tom Clancy games.
25 Dec 2012, 16:26 PM

Whats your suggestion then? A Chinese company? Do you want anime style graphics in CoH2 or any other game THQ owns now?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★