Login

russian armor

Predictions for announcement from Noun during SNF

7 Dec 2013, 15:26 PM

What are your predictions and hopes for what Noun will announce at SNF this Sunday?

Let's get the usual suspects out of the way:

1. New commanders
2. Leaderboards/Ladder

I'm hoping for a revamped replay system.

I have a sneaking suspicion of Free to Play multiplayer, so they can better capitalize on paid DLC. But at the same time I hope that they revamp the paid DLC to be super cosmetic, instead of super unbalancing and community polarizing.
7 Dec 2013, 15:32 PM

From what I've heard from sources, it will include a nerf to indsutry through removal of insta-builds, nerf to the dshk (less suppression), nerf to maxim (increased set up time so its not a pinwheel), buff to mg42(10% suppression increase), reduced cost of zis and pak40 to 320 mp, and 5 new ocmmanders. This is a very small amount. I'm hearing that it will be a very large patch.
7 Dec 2013, 15:39 PM

From what I've heard from sources, it will include a nerf to indsutry through removal of insta-builds, nerf to the dshk (less suppression), nerf to maxim (increased set up time so its not a pinwheel), buff to mg42(10% suppression increase), reduced cost of zis and pak40 to 320 mp, and 5 new ocmmanders. This is a very small amount. I'm hearing that it will be a very large patch.

I like the sound of that, hope its true.
raw
7 Dec 2013, 15:39 PM

What are your predictions and hopes for what Noun will announce at SNF this Sunday?

making OH more OP, just like in the last patches. some devs aparently still manage to lose with them. meanwhile, on the ladder OH just lolrally 10 HMGs, lose them all (yes i am that bad :oops:) and continue to win by pziv spam anyway.
7 Dec 2013, 15:40 PM

More than likely new commanders that are about to grace us with their presence are again going to make the game unbalanced.

I too hope that they lay off the DLC and focus on game balance and improving the game rather than adding more units and abilities via new commanders.

But anyway here are my predictions:
  • Off map German infantry call in of some kind.
  • Some sort of Soviet Ace.
  • An Ostheer equivalent to Soviet Industry/A more armour focused doctrine.
  • More skins.
  • Balance fixes that will be countered by new commanders and units.
7 Dec 2013, 15:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I'm hoping for the announcement of a $10,000 check for computerheat. I will be satisfied with a fat balance patch, however.
7 Dec 2013, 15:50 PM

Permanently Banned
looks like a few information from next patch already leaked.

i think he will announcement that he founds his love and got married.
7 Dec 2013, 15:58 PM

5 man stormtroopers with g43s
7 Dec 2013, 16:22 PM

7 Dec 2013, 16:41 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

More than likely new commanders that are about to grace us with their presence are again going to make the game unbalanced.

::D I hope not, but I like your sense of humour! :)

I too hope that they lay off the DLC and focus on game balance and improving the game rather than adding more units and abilities via new commanders.

Amen to that. Logically, we should expect them to correct the excesses of the previous commanders,before introducing any more.

Although here, I have to say that (IMO) the Soviet Industry on its own is not so much to blame,but rather the ineffectiveness of the Elite. i.e. with Soviet Industry, the T70s take the edge of the paks, the KV-8 fries the pioneers obtained in expectation of the Tiger, a mere T34 rams the poor Tiger rendering it next to useless, and the KV-2 rolls up for the glorious finish. The Elite have an enormous gap before attaining CP7 for a 3 Star Tiger. I think one way to remedy this might be to cut off the 3 star vet and reduce the CP for Tiger to 6. Then get rid of one of the "holding" levels like Jaeger Light Infantry and sub it with a Command Tank at CP4. German mines should also be no more difficult to lay than Soviet traps, but I don't know if that creates further balance issues.

But anyway here are my predictions:
  • Off map German infantry call in of some kind.
  • Some sort of Soviet Ace.
  • An Ostheer equivalent to Soviet Industry/A more armour focused doctrine.
  • More skins.
  • Balance fixes that will be countered by new commanders and units.

I think they should now swap the least used free Commanders, for some of the others they are developing, and leave the DLC for infantry skins or tank skins
7 Dec 2013, 17:27 PM
Donator 11

They will announce that CoH2 is a failure and are workong on a completely new game. MVGame
7 Dec 2013, 17:50 PM

Although here, I have to say that (IMO) the Soviet Industry on its own is not so much to blame,but rather the ineffectiveness of the Elite. i.e. with Soviet Industry, the T70s take the edge of the paks, the KV-8 fries the pioneers obtained in expectation of the Tiger, a mere T34 rams the poor Tiger rendering it next to useless, and the KV-2 rolls up for the glorious finish. The Elite have an enormous gap before attaining CP7 for a 3 Star Tiger. I think one way to remedy this might be to cut off the 3 star vet and reduce the CP for Tiger to 6. Then get rid of one of the "holding" levels like Jaeger Light Infantry and sub it with a Command Tank at CP4. German mines should also be no more difficult to lay than Soviet traps, but I don't know if that creates further balance issues.

Having to choose (and buy..) doctrine X to counter doctrine Y is the quickest way to kill this game. Soviet industry is not OP because it's better than Elite troops. It's OP because it's better than the standard commanders. The same goes for Elite troops. The Elite troops doctrine is OP because it's currently only countered by an even more OP commander. Choosing anything but soviet industry against elite infantry puts you at a disadvantage. Both commanders need to be nerfed, one should not be made even more potent just to counter the other one.
7 Dec 2013, 18:24 PM

7 Dec 2013, 18:27 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

7 Dec 2013, 18:37 PM

7 Dec 2013, 19:01 PM

Permanently Banned
Im hoping its a balance centric patch.

Tbh, I dont even want to see whatever new DLC Commanders they might have.
7 Dec 2013, 19:02 PM
Benefactor 115

Mapmaking competition
7 Dec 2013, 19:03 PM

7 Dec 2013, 19:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2013, 19:02 PMtuvok
Mapmaking competition

+1
7 Dec 2013, 19:18 PM

new ww3 game!