Login

russian armor

Explosion with Molotov

6 Dec 2013, 00:57 AM

So, molotovs have an explosion effect on them. So, when you use a molotov on a gren for example, they will jump around and sit in the fire for several seconds while you are unable to issue commands. I think that the explosion needs to be removed so this doesn't happen. It would still deal the same damage, but be more rewarding of attentive players.
6 Dec 2013, 01:17 AM

Your units won't jump around if you dodge the Molotov properly.
6 Dec 2013, 06:24 AM

Permanently Banned
Your units won't jump around if you dodge the Molotov properly.

So what. They will, when hit.
Thats his point. Not what happens if the Molotov is wastefully thrown into an empty space, in which case it obviously has no effect at all.
6 Dec 2013, 08:16 AM

its slow to issue, has a short range... why not nerf it? Make it a lolz ability that sends rainbows and unicorns to the germans.
6 Dec 2013, 08:42 AM

Molotov explodes, so it has an explosion effect.
(Captain Obv to the rescue)

6 Dec 2013, 09:20 AM

Permanently Banned
Molotov explodes, so it has an explosion effect.
(Captain Obv to the rescue)

Well technically, IRL, Molotovs have very little explosive force. Certainly nowhere near enough to knock a man over, unless you hit him in the head with it, in which case the bottles impact is what will knock him over, rather than the igniting petrol.

There isnt really any substantial shrapnel effect either, like in frag grenades, which also, incidentally, have rather little actual explosive force.

Molotovs arent like sticks of dynamite, or anything as explosive as that.
6 Dec 2013, 09:22 AM

its slow to issue, has a short range... why not nerf it? Make it a lolz ability that sends rainbows and unicorns to the germans.

:-) LOL

+1
6 Dec 2013, 09:30 AM

Well technically, IRL, Molotovs have very little explosive force. Certainly nowhere near enough to knock a man over, unless you hit him in the head with it, in which case the bottles impact is what will knock him over, rather than the igniting petrol.

There isnt really any substantial shrapnel effect either, like in frag grenades, which also, incidentally, have rather little actual explosive force.

Molotovs arent like sticks of dynamite, or anything as explosive as that.

You gonna make this thread about realism? RLY????!!!!!
6 Dec 2013, 09:39 AM

Permanently Banned

You gonna make this thread about realism? RLY????!!!!!

No, was just correcting the other guys claim.
Wasnt so Captain Obvious after all.

You can calm down now.
6 Dec 2013, 09:57 AM
Benefactor 115

flamethrowers have no explosions but still make units unresponsive
6 Dec 2013, 14:21 PM

Nullist, I wasnt talking about real-life molotov, coh2 molotov does explode and has huuuuge area of effect, much bigger than real molotov.
6 Dec 2013, 15:42 PM

That would be a very good idea.

Everything that removes control from you is bad for the gameplay. Troops seeking autocover (and in this case, cover means a very hot place) is just generally frustrating.

I mention this in every molotov related thread - i wish they made grenades uncancelable. The whole throw-the-molotov-then-cancel ad infinitum until the opponent doesn't move is just a stupid micro minigame that has nothing to do with strategy.

H_Stickeye, i despise you. I waited several posts from you to be sure. You have absolutely no idea how powerful molotovs are. But this thread is not about OP or UP, it is about gameplay mechanics.
6 Dec 2013, 15:46 PM

Yeah, same problem with all kinds of explosive damage and flames. Troops get stunned, and I think it's deliberately designed that way.
6 Dec 2013, 17:35 PM

Everything that removes control from you is bad for the gameplay. Troops seeking autocover (and in this case, cover means a very hot place) is just generally frustrating.

I mention this in every molotov related thread - i wish they made grenades uncancelable. The whole throw-the-molotov-then-cancel ad infinitum until the opponent doesn't move is just a stupid micro minigame that has nothing to do with strategy.

H_Stickeye, i despise you. I waited several posts from you to be sure. You have absolutely no idea how powerful molotovs are. But this thread is not about OP or UP, it is about gameplay mechanics.

Totally agree.
6 Dec 2013, 17:50 PM

Permanently Banned
I was saying this months ago. Then I just got tired by all the irrelevant bullshit people pollute the threads with whenever its brought up for discussion.

Prize herpa derps, like "Well, it does nothing if you miss with it, so it must be ok then".
6 Dec 2013, 18:45 PM

I agree with OP, if somebody throws a molotov at you, you don't jump into it and stay there...you run the hell out of it. I issue 10 clicks to move out of the molotov and they don't even move. For an RTS game this is pretty stupid. It's supposed to be real-time.
6 Dec 2013, 18:52 PM

+1
6 Dec 2013, 20:10 PM

Oh thanks, I'll send some pixies and a pot of gold ur way next time I see you hating over a GAME.
6 Dec 2013, 20:11 PM

I'm not arguing about it being overpowered, but I'm just starting that just because you aren't babysitting your troops every second, you shouldn't be punished. If I see them throwing the molotov before they throw it, and I start moving my troops, I think it is a bit ridiculous that they will still often deal a good 5-10 seconds of damage at times, often forcing a retreat. Molotovs are great against garrisons and units that people aren't paying attention to. So, stop making this about realism because this isn't MOW. Its CoH2. We're talking about gameplay mechanics, not realism or the power of it.
7 Dec 2013, 00:42 AM

I'm not arguing about it being overpowered, but I'm just starting that just because you aren't babysitting your troops every second, you shouldn't be punished.

Yes, you should. If not paying attention to your units should not get you punished, then what should?

Running away from grenades while it's already in the air will always result in damage. I don't see why the molotov shouldn't punish slacking play in the same way.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★