Login

russian armor

Mouse Cursor Bug in COH2

3 Dec 2013, 21:39 PM

Even after the new Turning Point updates in Nov-13, I sometimes face the mouse cursor bug problem.
In game suddenly my mouse cursor icon become like a stick or bar. I mean mouse cursor get a awefull shape rather than regular mouse cursor icon.

Then If i quit games It doesn't back in normal, I need to restart PC to fix my cursor icon. but sometimes it fixes automatically in game. please fix it.

Any tips will be appreciated, thanks relic.

Thats how my mouse cursor look in game so frequently...

So far after research about this problem, I found its ATI AMD's bug! any suggestion guys? how to fix that?
3 Dec 2013, 21:53 PM

Yeah this also happened back in CoH1 and other games, but strangely only in RTS titles.

The only way to fix it is a reboot... :(
3 Dec 2013, 22:58 PM

do you have multiple monitors? i used to have this problem (not sure why it stopped) but i found i could fix it by changing my display settings.

i always have my desktop extended across 2 monitors. if this bug occurred, i would switch it the monitors to duplicate, then right back to extended. my mouse would go back to normal.
3 Dec 2013, 23:37 PM
Coder Red Badge

It's because you have an AMD card. When you see the cursor screw up like that, quickly move it to the top right corner of your screen until it goes away. Most of the time when I do that, the cursor doesn't get corrupted. If it does get corrupted, though, you can turn on mouse pointer trails in the mouse options. This fixes the problem, but I find mouse trails extremely annoying. Sometimes the issue has corrected itself, but most of the time you just have to restart.
3 Dec 2013, 23:40 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I also have this issue. Normally goes away after awhile but it is a pain. Thanks inverse for the tip.
3 Dec 2013, 23:43 PM

I had a similar bug in sc2. My cursour split up into smaller sections or a bar. I assume that you use windows, i am not sure what the categorys are called in English, but they should be something like that:

Go to "System Control" -> "Hardware and Sound" -> "devices and hardware" -> "mouse" -> "cursor" and change the setting (e.g. display larger mouse cursor), then change it back to your usual setting.

That is what worked for me, hope it helps!
4 Dec 2013, 00:23 AM

It's because you have an AMD card. When you see the cursor screw up like that, quickly move it to the top right corner of your screen until it goes away. Most of the time when I do that, the cursor doesn't get corrupted. If it does get corrupted, though, you can turn on mouse pointer trails in the mouse options. This fixes the problem, but I find mouse trails extremely annoying. Sometimes the issue has corrected itself, but most of the time you just have to restart.

Yap I have AMD ATI Radeon 6000 Series graphics card. But this error didnt occur in COH1 or any other game.

tnx for da tips mate, cheers :)
4 Dec 2013, 03:35 AM

The easiest way to fix it when you get it is to suspend your computer and wake it back up. No need to restart.

Haha, Inverse, I didn't know you could stop cursor corruption...I know if I move it to the upper right hand corner it goes back to being recognizable instead of a bunch of lines, but didn't know if you were quick enough it would fix it :).
I hate AMD.

This also RARELY happened in vCOH, but happens all the time in COH2...

4 Dec 2013, 14:16 PM
Coder Red Badge

It happened to me all the time in vCoH, and sometimes in Dota 2. Only game I haven't got it in is SC2.

AMD's had this problem for 5 years or something ridiculous like that. Something to do with how their drivers redraw the cursor. I've heard it's worse with multiple monitors as well.
4 Dec 2013, 15:24 PM

SO it seems the problem with AMD not Relic COH2?

Is there anything by which relic could help regarding this issue?
4 Dec 2013, 16:16 PM
Coder Red Badge

No, it's entirely a driver issue.
5 Dec 2013, 09:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2013, 23:43 PMPred
I had a similar bug in sc2. My cursour split up into smaller sections or a bar. I assume that you use windows, i am not sure what the categorys are called in English, but they should be something like that:

Go to "System Control" -> "Hardware and Sound" -> "devices and hardware" -> "mouse" -> "cursor" and change the setting (e.g. display larger mouse cursor), then change it back to your usual setting.

That is what worked for me, hope it helps!

That doesn't work for me. So I guess it's depending on hardware.
5 Dec 2013, 09:56 AM

I haven't used AMD since after my first AMD card burned up. NVidia fanboy here, reporting in for nothing of value to say in this thread.
5 Dec 2013, 10:05 AM

I have a problem with the cursor getting stuck or being non responsive, it is especially noticeable when the cursor is at the top of the screen.

Might be a win 8 issue.
5 Dec 2013, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2013, 10:05 AMwuff
I have a problem with the cursor getting stuck or being non responsive, it is especially noticeable when the cursor is at the top of the screen.

Might be a win 8 issue.

Try this, see if it works for Win8.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2675769

And i also have no clue about Windows 8, does it have something like an Aero equivalent?
In that case, turn it off and go classic instead. ^^
5 Dec 2013, 10:40 AM

I've been using AMD all my gamer life and never had that mouse problem.

I've been lucky I guess.
5 Dec 2013, 11:02 AM

Try this, see if it works for Win8.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2675769

And i also have no clue about Windows 8, does it have something like an Aero equivalent?
In that case, turn it off and go classic instead. ^^

Thanks Cata,

Win8 doesn't have aero, yey! I found some other people having issues and it might be related to the windows 8 theme cursor so I have turned it off, see if it helps.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★