Login

russian armor

( 2 - 6 ) Achelous River Download for Coh2

3 Dec 2013, 10:43 AM

Hi Coh Friends,

Here is it ! Achelous River - In Winter and for 2-6 Players instead 2-4 like in coh1.
I was testplaying the Map 6 times to fix Buggs and make last Changes but if you still find something please tell me.
I changed the Bridge-ways a bit to the Original, so it will be also a new experiance.
its possible to arive the middle Island now without repairing a Bridge over the Side-Islands. And one Inf. Bridge is changed to a Waterway. It makes the Contact faster and the Game more stressfull :)
This Map was always great to play vs Bots and vs Human-Players is it a realy hard Map because of the many different ways.
If you like it, let me know :)
Here are the Link where you can see some Screenshots of the Final Version :Screenshot Serial

And here you can Get the Download :Achelous River - Eastfront
Wish you all the best - Your - Orklord
3 Dec 2013, 11:20 AM

played it versus bot, and it was an awesome experience... :D

Thanks a lot for this....
3 Dec 2013, 13:58 PM

can you add some roads and a bit more details? it looks plain. does the ice freezes on the snowstorms?
3 Dec 2013, 15:16 PM

On Achelous River it makes no sence if the River is Freezing !

Anyway there are so much Bridges that the Enemy can come from left - right front and eaven from behind ! ( and i made a Riverpart where they can cross without a Bridge as well ( very different to the original Map )
Normaly i make high detail also with Roads, but i thout the streets are full of dirt and snow, so i made the streets all with 8 different groundcollors and i think its fine.

But my next Project will be in Summer and then all comes in high detail.
True i also thout in Winter looks all a bit empty , but Trees are not green and if its snowing it can be that the Streets are completly covert with dirt.
With other words : I was planing to do it like this.
But if more Players wanna have it i can do it for sure, i mean 1 or 2 Houers more makes no different after the last 45 on this map :)

Your Orklord

3 Dec 2013, 15:55 PM

In moment i make your Streets and some more ...... just to let you know , i guess you was right :)
In 2 Houers the Map is ready. See the first download as the beta hehe.
3 Dec 2013, 17:25 PM

can you add some roads and a bit more details? it looks plain. does the ice freezes on the snowstorms?

OK I changed the Downloadlink to the new File !!
Just use the Old Link and you will get the New Version of it !
Ps.: With more Detail and the entire Map with Winterstreets.

HF Your Orklord
3 Dec 2013, 17:54 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

- All rivers Frozen.
- Would be exchanged munition and fuel in one island.
- Would have to check the roads, spawn and bases, no deep snow.

If there is in some moment a contest of maps of relic you have my vote with these tree changes.
3 Dec 2013, 18:28 PM

- All rivers Frozen.
- Would be exchanged munition and fuel in one island.
- Would have to check the roads, spawn and bases, no deep snow.

If there is in some moment a contest of maps of relic you have my vote with these tree changes.

Hmmm,

If Munition and Fuel is just on one Iland , anyone will just rush and would have no more intresst on the others right ? Maybe i was missunderstaning you.
Or you mean only on the middle Iland ?
( the middle is bigger with 4 Flaags you can upgrade , the other Ilands are smaler with just 2 Flaags but with Fuel + Munition.

Ps.:About the Deepsnow ill check it , but tomorow , i was spending enouf time in the last 2 Days on this map hehe :)
Tomorow i change the Link againe , then the Deepsnow will be not anymore on spawn,base or streets !!
Sorry about the Ice , but i will not make the Rivers freezing !
there is nowhere a way from the River up to an Island and this will result in much more work on this map. Also, this map would be sick if you also can go enywhere up from the frozen rivers ( dont forgeth, there are a lot of bridges and they would be useless if you dont need them anymore ).
But the Deepsnow is gone tomorow and about the Resorces you must tell me more about your Wish.

Orklord
4 Dec 2013, 08:08 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

4 Dec 2013, 11:56 AM

FINAL VERSION

First of all i must say THX to "capiqua" !!
(diddent know how blind I em :) - It was my plan to make the Fuel+ Munition on each side same, but somehow i did it wrong )
You know : if you spend 40 Houers ( and now its nearly 50 Houers already ) on making a Map,its possible to make misstakes. ( but this is why i was asking for feedback :) !
Againe : THX a lot , i diddent saw it !

For all who was downloading the Map already : Please delete the File and re-download it from the same Link on the Top ( i changed the link to the new one already )!!

CHANGES

1. No more Deepsnow on Bases - Spawns - Streets !
2. Munition + Fuel are changed now on one Island ( bouth Teams will have a close Munition and Fuel now )

I was also thinking about Freezing Rivers, but i think this Map is much more Fun without.
BUT :To make all happy i made a Compromise and was spending more 5 Houers to bring some new stuff up !

NEW ELEMENTS

1. 3 more Infantry-Bridges are set on the Map now ! ( some will think this is maybe to much but let me say: I was testing it a few times and it is a lot more Fun with it. Now there is also an Inf,Bridge from the middle to the other Island ( what is more Fair ) and also a Inf.bridge from each Spawnside to the middle-Island .....seperatly to the Vehicle-Bridges.)

2.Electric and Telephonewires are installt now all over the Map, what gives the Map also more Detail.
Ps.: "undostrescuatro" you will like it i guess :)

This is the Final Version for sure : I was testing it already 4 Times and it seems....its perfect.
BUT : please feel free to give me Feedback because i would like to know if the changes are also good for you!!

....like always.... your...Orklord

4 Dec 2013, 14:30 PM

Finaly I also changed the Screenshot-Link : Now you see a Screenshot Serial of the Final Map !!

HF all...your Orklord
6 Dec 2013, 10:24 AM

for me the map Looks realy nice!! only 2 things i found:
only the base on top has defense bunkers
minimap isn't right (showing the left side on the right and right side is left)

i am looking Forward to the summer Version btw!!
rix
6 Dec 2013, 11:37 AM

The minimap thing will be fixed with the next update.

At the moment the mapper has to open the "MAPNAME_mm.tga" with an image editor, flip the whole thing vertically and save it as "MAPNAME_lionskaya_mm_low.tga" ;)
6 Dec 2013, 14:13 PM

for me the map Looks realy nice!! only 2 things i found:
only the base on top has defense bunkers

i am looking Forward to the summer Version btw!!

Hey and Thx for your Feedback !

The Minimap Few from the wrong site is a Bugg i have also on Street of Hell i guess this will be fixed with the next update, thats why ill change nothing. ( will try to find a way if with the next 2 updates no Buggfixing for Worldbuilder is comming up )

The Bunkers is a Good Question,.... i did Bunkers on one side for a good reasons : 1. the place on the side with no Bunkers is quiet smaler and normaly its not a Problem in the early Game on this map ! 2. Players always loved this map in coh1 as a compstomp map and this is also a reason why i did bunkers only on One side !

Dont forgeth on the Original you had no Bunkers at all. It was maybe the only Original map without ! I guess because of the same Reason like my Point 1.
If this is a problem for Players in Games vs Friends, then i can bring easy a second Link with no Bunkers at all !
Np this is a 5 Min Work ! ( you just have to tell me )

Wish you all the best ...your Orklord
6 Dec 2013, 14:50 PM

don't worry about the bunkers. i just thought you may forgot them.

and thx for putting one of my favorite coh comp stomp maps in :)
6 Dec 2013, 18:49 PM

nice work! I´ll play your map soon.
26 Mar 2014, 20:12 PM
Donator 11

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202820699

I've made a Achelous River map, hope this one suits you guys!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★