Login

russian armor

grenadiers in halftrack

1 Dec 2013, 15:43 PM

http://46-29-142-239.boly.hu/simika/squad.php?filename=mechanized_250_halftrack_mp

does no one uses the grenadier half-track from the new commanders?

their grenadiers have the panzerfaust ability bugged and why do they cost 40 fuel when they are an unarmed scout car. i think 20 should be ok. but is there a particular reason for that?
1 Dec 2013, 15:58 PM

they get LMG right off the start and the halftrack is really good u can just put any squad inside like shreck pgrens or flame pios. And actually the halftrack seems to be as durable as the scout car
1 Dec 2013, 15:59 PM

i actually like it more than pgrens in half track just because they can use lmg
1 Dec 2013, 16:00 PM

http://46-29-142-239.boly.hu/simika/squad.php?filename=mechanized_250_halftrack_mp

does no one uses the grenadier half-track from the new commanders?

their grenadiers have the panzerfaust ability bugged and why do they cost 40 fuel when they are an unarmed scout car. i think 20 should be ok. but is there a particular reason for that?

I think the 40 fuel is justified to prevent spamming of Panzerschrecks in them. Also pioneers with flamers can be an annoyance. They could in theory come earlier than the 251 flame ht.

Personally I´ve never ever called them in though as other doctrines are way more attractive. Two slots are usually blocked with the Tiger and an Elefant doc. Sometimes I use the Mortar HT, Osttruppen, 105mm doctrine but that´s it.
1 Dec 2013, 16:09 PM

I think the 40 fuel is justified to prevent spamming of Panzerschrecks in them. Also pioneers with flamers can be an annoyance. They could in theory come earlier than the 251 flame ht.

Personally I´ve never ever called them in though as other doctrines are way more attractive. Two slots are usually blocked with the Tiger and an Elefant doc. Sometimes I use the Mortar HT, Osttruppen, 105mm doctrine but that´s it.

think about it.

to do that you have to make a panzer grenadier, call in the grenadiers in halftrack buy the panzershreck load them and go. as far as i remember. this skill manpower cost is over around 500 + the p greens its around 800 manpower. the spaming of panzershrek panzergrenadiers is not a problem there. to justify its 40 fuel cost of an unarmed scout car. and remember this is the free commander mechanised squad not the paid commander one it comes with greens not with pgreens.
1 Dec 2013, 16:15 PM

i actually like it more than pgrens in half track just because they can use lmg

have you noticed the panzerfaust bug or is it my bad luck?
4 Dec 2013, 07:32 AM

i actually wish they can give that scout HT an option to upgrade it to mortar HT. Because in late game i find i only use them to steal flags from sov. and most time i just leave them at base empty or send them to death.
4 Dec 2013, 08:27 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

i actually wish they can give that scout HT an option to upgrade it to mortar HT. Because in late game i find i only use them to steal flags from sov. and most time i just leave them at base empty or send them to death.

Or just allow normal mortar teams to enter the scoutcar :P
4 Dec 2013, 09:27 AM

well i like the new free doc but sadly i dont find use for it in 1vs1 cause you can get it only after going t2, you need something to defend yourself against the 5 mins t70 and it sadly doesnt have pgrens in it so the fuel cost is delaying your AT too much.

but normally its an really nice ability and grens with LMG in it are very strong, you can also use flamers or other weapons out of it so its very dangerous as long there are no tanks on the field and even then you can try to hunt tanks with a schreck car like in vcoh you only need to be very carefull when cons are near
4 Dec 2013, 09:28 AM

pg with shrecks inside it are a nice way to counter t70
4 Dec 2013, 09:46 AM

yes but only for the DLC commnder the free commanders Ht comes earlier then the t70 but you still need to build T2 pgrens and schrecks and thats a big investment especially if you are barely defending your fuel and ammo against his 5 cons with molos and are missing the fuel from the HT,

so i rarely get it, fast t2 and a pak are safer even if not much but still better have a pak then nothing ,

HT only works if your enemy is not playing sowjet industry and the t70 arrives later but i dont see any Sowjets in 1vs1 not using it
5 Dec 2013, 00:40 AM

i found the grenadier 250 halftrack quite useful. however, i don't get much chance to use it because the god damn soviet industry.

the halftrack is a good vehicle since you don't have to spend munitions of lmg42 and can chase down squads to wipe them, but with the chance of soviet industry fucking things up you have to save all resources for AT.
5 Dec 2013, 00:51 AM

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it."
- Adolf Hitler

i really question the authenticity of that quote. where did you get that quote from? i really doubt hitler said that, since people tend to make up quotes and falsely attribute it to famous figures like hitler. like how people think stalin said "we have more men than they have bullets"

5 Dec 2013, 01:29 AM

I dont find it worth the cost at all. The best use I found is pio flamers. Other than that why would you spend 40 fuel for a half trak that cant fire, or survive very long. You don't get a break on manpower cost so you pay a premium price for basic units without much added value
6 Dec 2013, 05:48 AM

i really question the authenticity of that quote. where did you get that quote from? i really doubt hitler said that, since people tend to make up quotes and falsely attribute it to famous figures like hitler. like how people think stalin said "we have more men than they have bullets"

http://bytwerk.com/gpa/falsenaziquotations.htm

"2. Hitler and the “Big Lie”

The false Goebbels quotation above is actually a take-off on Hitler's familiar statement in Mein Kampf, which is often misunderstood. Hitler stated:

“In this they [the Jews] proceeded on the sound principle that the magnitude of a lie always contains a certain factor of credibility, since the great masses of the people in the very bottom of their hearts tend to be corrupted rather than consciously and purposely evil, and that, therefore, in view of the primitive simplicity of their minds, they more easily fall victim to a big lie than to a little one, since they themselves lie in little things, but would be ashamed of lies that were too big. Such a falsehood will never enter their heads, and they will not be able to believe in the possibility of such monstrous effrontery and infamous misrepresentation in others.…” (p. 231 of the Manheim translation)

Hitler is accusing the Jews the Vienna press of this strategy. It is often taken as evidence that Hitler advocated the “Big Lie.” He is, in fact, accusing his enemies of lying.

Now, Hitler was entirely willing to lie — but in public he insisted that he and his propaganda were truthful. "
6 Dec 2013, 16:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2013, 05:48 AMakula

http://bytwerk.com/gpa/falsenaziquotations.htm

"2. Hitler and the “Big Lie”

The false Goebbels quotation above is actually a take-off on Hitler's familiar statement in Mein Kampf, which is often misunderstood. Hitler stated:

“In this they [the Jews] proceeded on the sound principle that the magnitude of a lie always contains a certain factor of credibility, since the great masses of the people in the very bottom of their hearts tend to be corrupted rather than consciously and purposely evil, and that, therefore, in view of the primitive simplicity of their minds, they more easily fall victim to a big lie than to a little one, since they themselves lie in little things, but would be ashamed of lies that were too big. Such a falsehood will never enter their heads, and they will not be able to believe in the possibility of such monstrous effrontery and infamous misrepresentation in others.…” (p. 231 of the Manheim translation)

Hitler is accusing the Jews the Vienna press of this strategy. It is often taken as evidence that Hitler advocated the “Big Lie.” He is, in fact, accusing his enemies of lying.

well that was very informative, thanks.

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2013, 05:48 AMakula

Now, Hitler was entirely willing to lie — but in public he insisted that he and his propaganda were truthful.

well isn't that what all propaganda guys do?

8 Dec 2013, 09:24 AM

have you noticed the panzerfaust bug or is it my bad luck?

Not sure if someone else has already answered you, but they cannot use faust unless you build the T1 building, have you been using them to skip T1? Because if so, thats why.

Probably the best use for this unit is skipping T1, using this to get 1-2 LMG grens and relying on PGs and SCs, which seen as your not using any munis for grens, can be upgraded quite freely.

The loss of fausts, is quite a big negative though.
8 Dec 2013, 18:37 PM
Patrion 27

Just wanted to second Jafooli in saying this unit seems good as support for a skipped tier1/rushed tier 2 build. You will probably upgrade one of your PG's with Shrecks in this case anyway so if you want to throw them in the HT later you can.

Also I was trying it out for a bit and the HT they come in is VERY fast and maneuverable, like the 222 scout car.
10 Dec 2013, 21:58 PM

skipping t1 seems like a good idea, but you still need one cp point. How can you hold map control when you will already be outmanned with the new manpower changes by the time you get to t2 and get a 1st combat unit out? And then how do you get that 1 cp quick enough to buy a 520 40 fuel unit before t70 comes, without map control or equal amount of combat inf. Somebody should try this out and let us know how it goes.
11 Dec 2013, 00:41 AM

I have tried it, its quite tricky to pull off, mostly because anything skipping T1 leaves you without fausts (even on called in grens).

But it can work. A friend used it well against me. Just get 2 pios, it does not take long to start pumping out PGs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★