Login

russian armor

Issues exporting a saved map

27 Nov 2013, 17:27 PM

I have posted this in the Coh2 mapping group on Steam, but it's not that frequented, so i'd take a gander and ask here as well.

I've yet to see the solution to my problem - i can't export my map at all. It goes "archiver failed" without further description but a few mapping paths. I've read about non-latin-char-issues (could that be it? and can you work around that?) and i have tried opening WB as an administrator, but to no avail. It basically goes:

Archiver failed!

Command line:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes 2\archive.exe" -c "C:\Users\Användaren\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\PackageBuildFile.txt" -a
"C:\Users\Användaren\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\scenarios\(2-4) Uneventest01.sga" -r
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes 2\coh2\data"

The command-prompt goes away too fast to see, and i'm not savvy enough to pause it.
27 Nov 2013, 17:30 PM

have you set it all up correctly?
check out this video see if it helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMQt5dnhJc
27 Nov 2013, 17:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2013, 17:30 PMpgmoney
have you set it all up correctly?
check out this video see if it helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMQt5dnhJc

Yes! I used that very tutorial actually, and it saves as it should - it's when i try to export package it hates me.
27 Nov 2013, 17:37 PM

As far as i know you can't use "( )" in the map file name, name it "Uneventest01" or "4p_Uneventest01", and under "Scenario->Scenario Properties..." you can enter the mapname whit "(2-4) "
27 Nov 2013, 17:41 PM

As far as i know you can't use "( )" in the map file name, name it "Uneventest01" or "4p_Uneventest01", and under "Scenario->Scenario Properties..." you can enter the mapname whit "(2-4) "

Tried renaming it, saving and restarting WB (as admin), and then exporting - same error (new filename)
27 Nov 2013, 18:33 PM

First, verify that, Archive.exe is in your steamapps/common/companyofheroes2 folder.
If not, do a search in your steam folder, and you should find it in a download folder. Verify that you are looking at COH2 archive.exe, and not COH1. Put a copy of it in the steamapps folder referenced above.

Second, verify that the name of the map file (*.sgb) does not have any special characters. Also, make sure the same is true for the folder you put it in. You can "save as" with a file name that contains only letters, numbers, and underscore "_".

If that does not get you going, we will go from there.
28 Nov 2013, 20:32 PM

First, verify that, Archive.exe is in your steamapps/common/companyofheroes2 folder.
If not, do a search in your steam folder, and you should find it in a download folder. Verify that you are looking at COH2 archive.exe, and not COH1. Put a copy of it in the steamapps folder referenced above.

Second, verify that the name of the map file (*.sgb) does not have any special characters. Also, make sure the same is true for the folder you put it in. You can "save as" with a file name that contains only letters, numbers, and underscore "_".

If that does not get you going, we will go from there.

Yep, all those things verified, still doesn't work.
28 Nov 2013, 23:48 PM

Command line:
"C:\Users\Användaren\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\scenarios\(2-4) Uneventest01.sga" -r

There are () and a space, in the file name. You said you renamed it, and got a new error with the new map name, please provide the exact error. Also, in your

Code
steamapps/common/companyofheroes2/coh2/data/scenarios

is the *SGB file directly in the scenarios folder, or is it in sub folders, such as
Code
steamapps/common/companyofheroes2/coh2/data/scenarios/mp/(2-4) Uneventest01/

IF it is in a sub folder, make sure there are no () or space's in the folder name as well.

The exact error its giving now will shed some light, if the naming is within protocol.
29 Nov 2013, 04:16 AM

There are () and a space, in the file name. You said you renamed it, and got a new error with the new map name, please provide the exact error. Also, in your

Code
steamapps/common/companyofheroes2/coh2/data/scenarios

is the *SGB file directly in the scenarios folder, or is it in sub folders, such as
Code
steamapps/common/companyofheroes2/coh2/data/scenarios/mp/(2-4) Uneventest01/

IF it is in a sub folder, make sure there are no () or space's in the folder name as well.

The exact error its giving now will shed some light, if the naming is within protocol.

Will do, gonna try this evening or on the morrow and update this. I do think it'll probably gonna say about the same thing i'm afraid but i will provide. And the *.SGA is directly in the mp-subfolder.
29 Nov 2013, 05:22 AM

Will do, gonna try this evening or on the morrow and update this. I do think it'll probably gonna say about the same thing i'm afraid but i will provide. And the *.SGA is directly in the mp-subfolder.

I recommend following the exact format that the developers used.
for example
Code
data/scenarios/mp/4p_Uneventest01/4p_Uneventest01.sgb

Also, just to rule out, have you verified game cache integrity, of Companyofheroes2 in steam? I doubt this is your problem, but it never hurts to check.
30 Nov 2013, 12:07 PM

I recommend following the exact format that the developers used.
for example
Code
data/scenarios/mp/4p_Uneventest01/4p_Uneventest01.sgb

Also, just to rule out, have you verified game cache integrity, of Companyofheroes2 in steam? I doubt this is your problem, but it never hurts to check.

Verified game cache
Renamed file, placed it in Mp subfolder

Error messagde is now:

Archiver failed!

Command line:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes 2\archive.exe" -c "C:\Users\Användaren\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\PackageBuildFile.txt" -a
"C:\Users\Användaren\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\scenarios\4p_notworkingtest01.sga" -r
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes 2\coh2\data"

Looking at it now, it doesn't include the "mp" or the subfolder in the string above, is it supposed to be like that?
30 Nov 2013, 16:02 PM

Code
C:\Users\Användaren\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\scenarios\4p_notworkingtest01.sga

That is the destination folder for the exported file, it is the correct location.

I THINK the issue is your windows login name. It has a special character in it. Im not 100% sure, but I did read some people having issues with user names.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/modding/maps/2957-world-builder-export-package-error

Try this.

Start/Control Panel/User Accounts/Change Your Account Name

Try something with basic letters, restart your computer, verify the user name was changed, and more importantly, the actual user folder.

Code
C:\Users\Användaren\Documents
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 96
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %