Login

russian armor

Missing content in CoH2

27 Nov 2013, 00:21 AM

I've wanted to make this thread a long time. I feel that considering Relics current business model there should be plenty of room for them to further develop the game and not just increase the amount of DLCs available for us to buy. You have to take into consideration that this game was released in 2013 and must be regarded as modern. How come we're still missing plenty of things that a normal gamer would take for granted? This is a brand new game and SEGA pushed the releasing date forward just to further "develop" the game and their business modell is built upon selling DLC in order to continuously progress things. Where's all the stuff that would increase the quality of CoH2? Enough ranting, this is a list of missing content that I've come up with so far:

* Chat rooms (We didn't have this until "Turning Point" and they are still awful)

* Spectator mode (Now this is something a lot of people have been asking for and would help us further market the game through livestreams etc. to increase the player base. I'm talking about a real spectator/observer mode, not community made observers *maps* like we had in vCoH. A spectator mode is VITAL in order for us to develop real competition/tournaments and expand this franchise in the eSport arena, not just to mention that SNF would cast real time games)

* New replay mode (We're currently using a bad copy from vCoHs replay mode. A new one with in game stats, watching replays with other persons, showing resources for every player and so on is not just necessary for the average player to help them analyze the game easier, it's also vital for shoutcasters to increase the quality of their videos, here's a link showing us somehow what it should look like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPJ5zhWaVLU)

* Options for keybinding (One of the oldest game options in the world, and it's still not there. Now you have to use "Autohotkey" and learn how to write a script yourself if you want to use different keys than those that are provided, arrow keys to WASD anyone?)

* Reconnecting options (The vast majority of the modern games out there provides you with the option to reconnect to the game if you got dropped out because of any reason. Right now you'll have a brand new loss to your account if you or anyone in your team lost his connection)

Feel free to add more things but please leave balance out of this thread, almost every other thread/post in this forum is debating the current balance. Also, it would make sense if some of these things could be sold as DLC content, that could be a good motivation for Relic to develop them as well. I would definitly buy them.

/MrBeaverPatrol
27 Nov 2013, 01:52 AM

I haven't seen many games besides LoL where you can reconnect after you drop.
27 Nov 2013, 02:03 AM
Honorary Member Badge

peer 2 Peer i don't think it is possible. (the reconnecting after you drop.)

tbh the one thing i am disappointing wasn't added on release was the customizeable hotkeys, still not to happy about that. :(
27 Nov 2013, 02:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2013, 02:03 AMWiFiDi
peer 2 Peer i don't think it is possible. (the reconnecting after you drop.)

tbh the one thing i am disappointing wasn't added on release was the customizeable hotkeys, still not to happy about that. :(

I kinda guessed that myself. Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my original post but I tried to place them in a prioritized order where reconnecting options came last. First we needed chat rooms, which we got now, not flawless however. The most urging thing after that, in my opinion, is spectator mode.

I am using Autohotkey btw and I've written the script myself. It took a few hours to figure it out though. ;)
27 Nov 2013, 19:54 PM

I'm actually surprised that this thread have not been given any further attention. I was counting on that someone would bring up dual monitor and SLI support.

Is it that simple that our community only wants a balanced game and is satisfied when we reach to that point?

27 Nov 2013, 20:19 PM

I really really wish there was more features in the replay system. I watch a lot of replays because I like to sit back and admire CoH2 for its aesthetics as well as its gameplay. There is no "cinematic" mode (a chance for a player to sit back and let the replay decide what action to zoom into), no "follow" mode (I'd love a cool POV or a ability to just follow one unit around during battles), and etc... That would just make me so damn happy! Spectator mode goes along with the replay features. :(
27 Nov 2013, 20:32 PM

I no "follow" mode (I'd love a cool POV or a ability to just follow one unit around during battles)

i forget exactly how to do this. but you double click on something, either the unit portait or the symbol in the top right (something like that) and the camera will follow that unit. you can then zoom in and rotate the camera around to have somewhat of a POV effect. i like doing this with tanks. makes it look like a completely different game.
27 Nov 2013, 20:34 PM

Yeah Tristan. I would imagine that the spectator mode and the new replay mode would look quite similar, only difference is whether it's a live game or not. You had very good ideas about what we could need in a new replay mode. What do you think about displaying both sides resources like in the link that I provided? Displaying in game stats like CPM, build orders etc. would be much appreciated as well.
27 Nov 2013, 20:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2013, 20:32 PMwooof

i forget exactly how to do this. but you double click on something, either the unit portait or the symbol in the top right (something like that) and the camera will follow that unit. you can then zoom in and rotate the camera around to have somewhat of a POV effect. i like doing this with tanks. makes it look like a completely different game.

You double-click the portrait of the unit.
27 Nov 2013, 20:49 PM

Yes ludd, all I care about is a balanced game. If they add new replay functions or spectator mode, great. Otherwise, I have no problems.
27 Nov 2013, 21:02 PM

What do you think about displaying both sides resources like in the link that I provided? Displaying in game stats like CPM, build orders etc. would be much appreciated as well.

Yes ATR has a good setup, if this was implemented officially im sure some of the crowded UI would be fixed a bit too (ATR has an awesome system, but there is a lot going on on the screen).

@woof Yes but its not really how i liked it to be. Has any1 ever played "UPRISING"? Lol its such an old game but there was a view you could enter directly from the POV of the soldier. It was pretty cool though clunky and old.

I also care about a well balanced game but its nice to have cool features like that. As I said I really enjoy replays so I would be in heaven. There was no imrpovements at all since vcoh to replay system, it could have been done so easily :(
27 Nov 2013, 21:10 PM

Yes ATR has a good setup, if this was implemented officially im sure some of the crowded UI would be fixed a bit too (ATR has an awesome system, but there is a lot going on on the screen).

@woof Yes but its not really how i liked it to be. Has any1 ever played "UPRISING"? Lol its such an old game but there was a view you could enter directly from the POV of the soldier. It was pretty cool though clunky and old.

I also care about a well balanced game but its nice to have cool features like that. As I said I really enjoy replays so I would be in heaven. There was no imrpovements at all since vcoh to replay system, it could have been done so easily :(

In our clan we have training nights on saturdays where we analyze one of the games we've had during the week. Displaying resources for both team would help us a lot! It would also make it a lot easier for our shoutcasters and also make the game look a lot more appealing for those who don't own the game. This goes hand in hand with a spectator mode, just imagine if we could actually watch our livestreamers in the game itself and listening to the stream in the background to hear their thoughts.

But yeah, I would welcome a new replay system as much as I want a spectator mode like you do.
28 Nov 2013, 04:30 AM

+1 agree with you, and i saw only 1 game where i can reconnect if the server guy its gone, and that was call of duty modern warfare 2 btw
28 Nov 2013, 06:48 AM

Reconnecting options is not the most urging matter however it would be a nice feature to have, question is whether it's possible with a peer to peer system like we have in CoH2. From what I know you can reconnect in LoL, DOTA2, SC2 and so on, not counting FPS games. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

What we need most right now is either a spectator mode or a new replay mode, the latter mostly to help the casters in our community. The game itself would look a lot more appealing for people who don't own the game. Spectator mode would be nice and would also attract a lot of attention to the more "bigger" games we have between the pros. Also SNF would benefit a lot from actually casting a LIVE game, not a game that was played the day before. It's funny that a lot of people don't know that it's actually a replay they're casting.

No one have mentioned this but implementing the ladder in game would be really nice as well, so I don't need to check my opponents stats on this website after each game. If we could get some sort of statement from Relic that their sold DLCs is helping them developing these features I think it would calm a lot of people.
28 Nov 2013, 07:01 AM

I don't know, but I guess they won't implement a spectator mode because of twitch?!
28 Nov 2013, 09:03 AM

I don't know, but I guess they won't implement a spectator mode because of twitch?!

Now that's a slap in the face (not from you obviously) since it's a whole other thing to actually be in the game itself and be able to move around anywhere you'd like, compared to watching a livestream.

In the interview with Ami and Relics producer he said vaguely that they have a spectator mode on their roadmap. Whether that's true, how long it will take until we have it and of what quality it is remains to be seen.
28 Nov 2013, 09:45 AM

Now that's a slap in the face (not from you obviously) since it's a whole other thing to actually be in the game itself and be able to move around anywhere you'd like, compared to watching a livestream.

In the interview with Ami and Relics producer he said vaguely that they have a spectator mode on their roadmap. Whether that's true, how long it will take until we have it and of what quality it is remains to be seen.

Well I don't know, that's just an assumption. I guess Relic has a deal with twitch and a spectator mode would kind of rival the twitch system.
28 Nov 2013, 09:54 AM

Well I don't know, that's just an assumption. I guess Relic has a deal with twitch and a spectator mode would kind of rival the twitch system.

That depends on what kind of spectator mode we might get, let's say it's an invite only mode, nothing randoms could join like in DOTA2. I really hope we get something more than implemented spectator maps since the maximum amount of slots on each map is up to 8 players, which would mean that 4vs4 games wouldn't be able to be spectated.

A spectator mode would help the game grow and I hope with all my heart that Relic understands this. People would still be able to stream, not necessarily everone would like to hop in to the game itself all the time.
28 Nov 2013, 10:07 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2013, 20:32 PMwooof

You have to press the hash key and the camera will follow the unit you have selected
28 Nov 2013, 18:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge

[removed}
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment