Login

russian armor

Community

26 Nov 2013, 22:32 PM
Patrion 14

Watching the Relic stream right now and I feel like the community (in general) is being torn apart.
If we want Relic to respect us and listen to our grievances, we should at least appear like one tight group of people with the desire to improve the game in a civilized manner. Okay, Relic doens't always listen to us. That sucks. But when everyone is ranting (just in general, everywhere there are streams, people rant, not necessarily members from this forum :) )then why should Relic listen?
If we, as members of CoH2.org could at least appear mannered and disciplined in our threads and keep a high quality of feedback and respect for eachothers opinion, wouldn't you all agree that the Relic guys active on this forum would be persuaded to go into dialogue more often?
It's all for the game people, our voices need to be heard as one.

Take care
26 Nov 2013, 23:29 PM

Its a really sad state of affairs, everyone just wants coh2 to be the best it can be. I honestly don't see why coh2.org was singled out, I think every forum has overzealous members but as I pointed out above its all because they want what they feel is best for coh2.

I'm not sure I can really be considered part of this sites community, I sign in once in a blue moon to type a few words on a matter I feel strongly about (sometimes positive sometimes negative, but I hope always constructive) then disappear back to guest status but that streams chat felt personal. zomgattack repeatedly knocked this site throughout the time I was watching & I couldn't help but think "what have you done for coh? why attack a site thats really helping this community, only taking breaks to brag about your beta participation, before rolling on" then I realised that this is a microcosm of the whole situation.

It shouldn't be personal, regardless of what forum you're signed up on there is only one demographic, people who play coh2! This is the internet, you're always going to have to trawl through bs & vitriol to find the gems amongst the feedback & suggestions regardless of which forum you look on. This sites liberal moderation may mean Relic have to sift through more at times but I believe it also means they'll find bits they may have missed on a heavier handed forum.

I really hope the coh2 community as a whole can just stop this infighting play the game & have some fun because thats what games are supposed to be, fun xD

Sorry if thats abit jumbled, due to rl commitments I was having write in bursts xD
26 Nov 2013, 23:30 PM

Relic doens't always listen to us.

I've heard that Stefan Haines said: "We make more money on casual players, the people on www.coh2.org are just elitists ranting on a third party website."

I was on the stream today from when it started until they stopped streaming and I was banned twice. They told us (not just me obviously) to leave our opinions in the official forums. Why the hell would we do that when their mods are just closing down every thread critizising Relic? At least we can speak freely here.

but that streams chat felt personal. zomgattack repeatedly knocked this site throughout the time I was watching & I couldn't help but think "what have you done for coh? why attack a site thats really helping this community, only taking breaks to brag about your beta participation, before rolling on" then I realised that this is a microcosm of the whole situation.

I've seen him in the beta forums, a real Relic fanboi defending them no matter what they do. It became very personal for me as well. Question is, if he thinks the same as Relic, is it even worth spending our time on this website because Relic don't give a shit about what's written here? Should we be more moderate in our approach on their official forum and pray that we pass through their censorship?
26 Nov 2013, 23:56 PM

The function of sites like these are for people to discuss what ideally would be best, and venting.

Actual useful discussion like how to handle situation x inside the game is in minority.

It's nice to think of possible developers reading good ideas here. And they will of course say that read input, but how often do you see they write: "well I read this thread on blahblahmygame.com and I passed it on and we thought it was a good idea so it was added to this patch verison x.xx.

Face it, a new doctrine being more efficient than the other one's are exactly what makes them salesworthy. I bet you could even argue that there's some legality involved in changing the product post-sale (like nerfing industry).

the only thing you can do is modify the core game to avoid the outrage of:

"hey my pay2win got nerfed money back pls"

i wish that there was more actual categorical discussion on how to break the industry doctrine as in actually talking about strategy, the strategy forums here are fucking dead

there's a huge difference between for example in 2v2s how much in T1 you spend and how ready you are. Spend too much in T1, you get pushed off map when the soviet fuel units arrive. Tech to AT too fast and oyu get rolled in t1.

I think osttruppen actually was a lot more sensible DLC commander. It has a higher CP ability allowing you to get 150 munis. When this fully comes into play you can have a heavily equipped T1/T2 units with the munis

I think we would be more lenient as a community if it didn't seem like they sacrifice the gameplay with new DLC content

Relic, don't fuck with the early game. Static conversions like industry limits gameplay for both sides since you know what type of units (support units and armor) they will use.

Use the system with having a higher cp ability where you convert one type of resource type to another however allows you to focus your strategy into either manpower/muni or manpower/fuel - after actually having to be forced to play the core game for, oh, lets say, 5 minutes
26 Nov 2013, 23:58 PM

If we want Relic to respect us and listen to our grievances, we should at least appear like one tight group of people with the desire to improve the game in a civilized manner.

You assume that they respect us/want to respect us. I have not seen any sort of respect (besides the general community lip service and rhetoric used to sell DLC). What I have seen is what essentially amounts to extortion.

27 Nov 2013, 00:13 AM

Also note you never see a rep involved with actually detailed criticism of the game on this site - they'll respond to other threads but are vacant from say the Pro discussion thread or the Commander thread where real issues are discussed.
27 Nov 2013, 00:18 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

27 Nov 2013, 00:32 AM

Three weeks have passed since the Turning Point patch and their commander DLCs which broke all game balance.
All the community have been ranting and complaining since then, and STILL we don't have a word from Relic.

Instead, I'm sure that if I'd have an issue buying a DLC and I'd post it here, Noun would answer me in less than 10 minutes.

At least, with the ranting people is expressing their dissapointment with the game, and as customers I think they are in their right to do that.
27 Nov 2013, 00:37 AM

27 Nov 2013, 00:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2013, 00:32 AMGreeb
At least, with the ranting people is expressing their dissapointment with the game, and as customers I think they are in their right to do that.

Did you see the chat in the livestream from Relic today?

We're obviously not high up in the priority list from where Relic wants their feedback from. I lost a lot of hope to continue writing on coh2.org...
27 Nov 2013, 00:43 AM

You must go to canada, kidnap a employee and teabag him until he makes a ostheer doctrine that allows you to buy a single shrek on grenadiers

27 Nov 2013, 00:54 AM

Did you see the chat in the livestream from Relic today?

We're obviously not high up in the priority list from where Relic wants their feedback from. I lost a lot of hope to continue writing on coh2.org...

I didn't watch the stream, but I don't think Relic collects feedback from any site besides their own betatesters, and the recent DLC's releases gives me the feel that they don't listen to them either.
27 Nov 2013, 00:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2013, 00:54 AMGreeb

I didn't watch the stream, but I don't think Relic collects feedback from any site besides their own betatesters, and the recent DLC's releases gives me the feel that they don't listen to them either.

They do actually. I just got into the beta and in my opinion, the quality of the feedback there is inferior to what we can read here though it's displayed in a nicer way and a lot of ass licking is going on.
27 Nov 2013, 01:05 AM

They do actually. I just got into the beta and in my opinion, the quality of the feedback there is inferior to what we can read here though it's displayed in a nicer way and a lot of ass licking is going on.

Well, it's true that here is a lot of anger and harsh words. But they are good suggestions too that probably would never be heard in the official forums where any critic thread is immediately closed.

bC_
1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 27 Nov 2013, 01:21 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2013, 00:32 AMGreeb
Three weeks have passed since the Turning Point patch and their commander DLCs which broke all game balance.
All the community have been ranting and complaining since then, and STILL we don't have a word from Relic.

Instead, I'm sure that if I'd have an issue buying a DLC and I'd post it here, Noun would answer me in less than 10 minutes.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/coh-2-balance-feedback/commander-balance/4292-future-balance-items

posted on November 15th.
27 Nov 2013, 01:54 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2013, 01:21 AMbC_

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/coh-2-balance-feedback/commander-balance/4292-future-balance-items

posted on November 15th.

I don't want to sound impatient but that's been 12 days now. When you released the Cold Blue DLC you guys hot fixed the issues with the new DLC commanders the next day I believe. Why is it taking so long here to implement the changes you have mentioned in that post?
27 Nov 2013, 02:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2013, 01:21 AMbC_

posted on November 15th.

The last post on that forum explains quite well why we are writing here and not on your official forum.
27 Nov 2013, 02:51 AM

At the conference of elitist COH bastards...

"Eh, we still have our reliable vCOH on Steam!"

"Mein fuehrer...

They have not yet fixed the issues with vCOH Steam."

[untranslatable]

27 Nov 2013, 03:38 AM

At the conference of elitist COH bastards...

"Eh, we still have our reliable vCOH on Steam!"

"Mein fuehrer...

They have not yet fixed the issues with vCOH Steam."

[untranslatable]

The day they fix COH1 - just watch the nose dive of COH2 players....
27 Nov 2013, 08:50 AM
Donator 22

I don't want to sound impatient but that's been 12 days now. When you released the Cold Blue DLC you guys hot fixed the issues with the new DLC commanders the next day I believe. Why is it taking so long here to implement the changes you have mentioned in that post?

+1 hoah A hotfix would be awesome ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 40
Sweden 26
Poland 9
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L