Login

russian armor

Hello all, and a few questions...

26 Nov 2013, 18:10 PM

Hi guys, I just registered on the site and it's great to be here!

I recently started mapbuilding for COH2 and have greatly appreciated the information to be found on these forums, especially OnkelSam's Youtube tutorials.

I get the hang of most of it, but struggle with some small things that someone hopefully might shed some light on:

1. Stacking splines: I understand that you can arrange the stacking order of splines with the page-up key, but in some instances it doesn't seem to work. Is this the only way to change the order? The correct way to do it is selecting a single spline, not multiple ones, right?

2. Object rotation: Rotating objects horizontally is done by holding shift and LMB and moving the mouse...but how can I rotate the other axis?

3. Baking splines: I'm not sure how this works at all...I had hoped that I could use this for example to make an existing object spline into the seperate objects that it consists of so I can select them individually. Or is baking exclusively used with textures?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
Jan
26 Nov 2013, 18:24 PM

1. I have trouble with this too. Sometimes I can delete the problem spline, and create it from scratch, instead of copying it from another, and it helps. I believe the problem occurs with duplicating a single spline too many times.

2. I think, if you hold R (maybe a different key), it will give you circles around the object, click on the circle of the axis you want to rotate, and it should do so.

3. Not sure, I never bake. The wife takes care of that.
26 Nov 2013, 18:38 PM

Hi Srinidhalaya,

thank you for the tip regarding 2, holding "R" works great!

Cheers mate,
Jan
26 Nov 2013, 18:47 PM

On a related note: Is it possible to place Splats on to of texture splines? Page-up doesn't seem to work.

EDIT: Nevermind, clicking "over/under snow" makes it visible.
27 Nov 2013, 23:56 PM

Update on stacking splines: I just noticed that the "height" of the layer is shown in brackets under "selection information". For my main road this was at 45 or something, so to get splines over it I had to press page-up 46 times :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★