Login

russian armor

Regarding soviet HQ medics

26 Nov 2013, 16:13 PM

Hi all,

How effective field medics are? Are they worth to buy it? How fast can they heal up a squad that lost lets say 4 models? Will medics help to prevent man power drain?
I've noticed medics stop healing after a single HQ attack, so is it worth to spend 250 on it? How much man power can they save me during one hour game?

Thanks.
26 Nov 2013, 16:27 PM
Patrion 14

They wont give you new squad members, but look at it this way. Without medics your squads can go down to say 33% health even if its a full squad. That means it has little or no stayingpower on the field. Any shots on that squad will most likely kill models, compared to a full health one. So it will save you manpower, hard to say how much. But I really think its a great thing to get.
26 Nov 2013, 17:06 PM

the answer is that medics are a must on each army.

i supose you have never been squad wiped because casually all your 6 conscripts had half their health despite the fact that they were fully manned.
26 Nov 2013, 17:10 PM

the only time im not getting it if is im basically not having a t1, merge and t2 is sufficient then with quads for reinforcement (typical industry)

for snipers, penals, flamers, anything that needs to get out of there and generally be a full health, youcan't go wrong
26 Nov 2013, 19:32 PM

Hmmm, thanks for info. I mistakenly was picturing medics duty as "slowly refilling your squads".
And I didn't know that a 6man quad may not be at full health therefore loosing its durability.
Question.
At what period of time should I get them? Obviously, I need that manpower during early to early mid game because as match continues there is need in bigger weapons - like heavy mortar (400 mp) or guards or ZiS-3 (both 360)
26 Nov 2013, 20:46 PM
Patrion 14

I would say earlygame, but its quite situational and depends on how infantryheavy you are. Also, sometimes you lose models rather than health. Try to get a hang of if your squad is low health or low membercount. If you got alot of squads fully manned but closing in on on only half health, get medics. You will start to feel the pressure otherwise since you keep retreating your squads more and more often, making them spend more time on the run than doing usefull fighting.
28 Nov 2013, 02:41 AM

Medics are very effective and I get them shortly after my first build. I try to keep an eye on my manpower and if I don't need a particular unit - Stat!- I hit the upgrade medic button.
28 Nov 2013, 15:09 PM

Permanently Banned
Its an absolute must, however not at the expense of early field presence.

Invest in 4-5 Cons first, or whatever, then once your initial T0-T1 force is out, prioritise Medics.
Preferably before you tech again.

Cons and Penals generally just die rather than needing heal, as a result of the Sov 6man vs Ost 4man x1.5 armor differential. So its cheaper and more effective to just reinforce at start because your models wont be as damaged as they are rsther just dlat out dead.

The more callin infantry such as Guard and Shock you field, the more important Medics become.
You may wsnt to delay Medics till after you have your first Shoch/Guard, again, for reasons of getting troops out on the field sooner. Guard and Shocks can wait a little longer for Medic support, as they will soak with armor until then.

For Ost, Medics are more important, earlier. Again, you need to get a sufficient force out first though, and with the Muni cost of Medics, it is very important not to spam RNades needlessly, since that is the primary choke for Medics.

For Ost its absolutely important to build Medics before T2. Reinforcing 1man off a Gren squad means very little if the remaining 3 are near to death. Grens absolutely need to be fully healed and full squad before hitting the field again.
This bexomes even more crucial with PGrens who bleed like a stuck pig if not properly healed up.

There is also a little known fact, that dmged units are far more likely to spontaneously combust on flame hits.
This means, pragmstically, that a damaged Gren unit for example will suffer proportionately MORE Flame crits, if it has already been damaged beforehand.

Protip for Sov: Dont Molotov right away. Do some vanilla rifle dmg first, THEN throw Molotov. Younwill be much more likely to get Flame crits at that point. In an equal cover situation, Cons and Grens perform the same against each other in proportion to unit size. By doing dmg first, while soaking the Grens fire equally, you get MUCH more reward out of a later Molotov, than an early one. Still, dont time it too late, so that throwing Molotov ends up being the lsst thing you do before retreating yourself...

You want to time it so you still have enough Cons to hang around long enough to shoot at the Grens while they move out of the flame, and therefore lose DPS, AS WELL as their already dmged models having higher Flame crit chance. If you time it right, you can easily wipe a Gren squad like this. Generally, wait till you have 4 Cons left, then trhow it. The additional indirect advantage is that Ost player is probably not watching for Molotovsmas intentky at that point as he was at start of engagement.
28 Nov 2013, 23:07 PM

+1
Thank you Nullist!
Great advice, I really loved part about molotovs and straight rifle damage!!!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★