Login

russian armor

10 Suggestions for meta/gameplay improvement

24 Nov 2013, 10:15 AM

The current (and long-lasting) meta is Conspam vs Grenspam. I don`t enjoy it and judging from other people`s posts I am not alone. Here are 10 of my suggestions on what to do with it. Feel free to add your 2 cents, whether you agree or all your hate if you don`t.

• Restrict/remove Conscripts` and Grendiers` AT capabilites.
    I am thinking make AT nades/Pfausts vet 2 abilities, there are other possibilities as well of course. This way basic infantry would have a weakness and in conjuction with the other solutions it should prompt teching instead of spam. BTW This would also mean infantry chasing tanks around wouldn`t happen as much, which I think would be a good thing (Doesn`t it look/feel silly?).

• Remove PPSHs, LMGs, G43s upgrades for Conscripts and Grenadiers. Improving mid-late game capabilties of basic infantry through upgrades encourages spam. If they were to stay raise the cost significantly and add another restriction to make them come way later. Also in that case make PPSHs non-doctrinal - they should have been non-doctrinal from the beginning. I would prefer weapon upgrades to be only available for elite inantry (like Guards or Pgrens) though.

• Buff german Armored Car slightly and increase its manpower cost a bit. Its paper armor doesn`t reflect the "Armored" Car name very well. I would like it to be an early counter to Conscripts forcing Soviets to tech beyond tier 0. Slight buff and AT nades as vet 2 ability would do that.

Now changing AT nades/Pfausts to vet 2 (and buffing AC on top of that) raises a lot of balance issues. I`ll try to provide some answers on how that change could be followed up to make sure early vehicles don`t murder everything.

• Put German Half-track into tier 3. FHT on tier 2 would rape everything. Move German Sniper to tier 2. Makes sense and fills the gap.

• Make German tier 2 building cost less fuel and reduce its building time. (The Battle Phase 1 escalation should remain the same!)

• Give Germans another kind of mine that is around 30 munition (alternatively change Tellers to make them cheaper) to give germans early AT capabilties in this area.

• Make AP rounds of German HMG vet 0 ability (similiar to DShK), cost adjustment may be needed as well.

• Reduce the cost of PAK and ZiS to 330 manpower.

• Swap Soviet Sniper and 45mm AT gun. That way Soviets can go for cheap & weak AT gun at tier 1 to supplement their infantry with some early AT (+ mines of course). Soviet Sniper would become doctrinal which would increase the viability of German Sniper nicely. Pgrens would benefit as a result as well.

• Make Guards 2 CP and increase the button time. This would prevent Conspam + Guards as the go-to new meta. Also the role of Guards would be more of a mid-game vehicle disabler + anti-inf since the early AT role would be already filled with 45mm AT guns.

Is it radical? I wouldn`t have it any other way :P I am not claiming these 10 changes would make the game perfectly balanced and everybody would live happily ever after but I think it would be a step in the right direction finally pushing the meta away from Conspam vs Grenspam.
24 Nov 2013, 12:25 PM

Excessive changes, sorry but I don't like them.

24 Nov 2013, 12:46 PM

So your suggestion is basically nerf Russians and buff germs... sorry but your post is way too biased to be taken serious
24 Nov 2013, 13:18 PM

Permanently Banned
Radical is not the term I would choose to describe these...
24 Nov 2013, 14:46 PM

Extremely biased post with little justification given for changes. I don't really like any of the presented changes.

I think most builds unless they are high risk should start with around 4 scripts or greens. They should be the core of your army and support weapons are meant to support them.
24 Nov 2013, 15:43 PM

I do not like any of your suggestions.
24 Nov 2013, 16:05 PM
Patrion 15

I dont like is.... Sorry
24 Nov 2013, 16:11 PM
Honorary Member Badge

don't like any of these changes at all. i think there are much better ways to fix grens v cons problem.

Feel free to add your 2 cents, whether you agree or all your hate if you don`t.

24 Nov 2013, 16:13 PM

24 Nov 2013, 16:54 PM

The only good suggestion I see is the vet2 AT/Faust, beyond that is just rubbish.

25 Nov 2013, 07:49 AM

I dont think these are that radical.. but I do like them. The idea of having the first units on field having a near 100% chance to cripple vehicles is laughable... such bad design it boggles the mind.
1+
25 Nov 2013, 10:43 AM
Patrion 14

Not supported.
25 Nov 2013, 18:24 PM

Perfectly fine with me if you don`t like my proposal, but I don`t see this thread overflowing with better suggestions on how to make Conspam/Grenspam not the optimal way of playing CoH2. Lacking AT (until vet 2) and weapon upgrades might imo do the job.
26 Nov 2013, 11:14 AM

So no ideas on how to shift the meta away from Conspam/Grenspam? Or no balls to present them?

Fine, but then don`t whine about the current meta. CoH2 is exactly the game this community deserves.
26 Nov 2013, 11:25 AM

Permanently Banned
So no ideas on how to shift the meta away from Conspam/Grenspam? Or no balls to present them?

Fine, but then don`t whine about the current meta. CoH2 is exactly the game this community deserves.

My proposal is here:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/11232/proposal-cepio-changes-for-a-better-meta
So far its received only approval.

Resorting to insults when people dont like your proposal is pretty pathetic btw.
26 Nov 2013, 12:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2013, 11:25 AMNullist

My proposal is here:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/11232/proposal-cepio-changes-for-a-better-meta
So far its received only approval.

Resorting to insults when people dont like your proposal is pretty pathetic btw.

Being pissed of about people not being constructive =/= being pissed of about people not liking your idea. But I know you know that. Nice troll atempt though.

Why didn`t you link your thread straight away? After (brief) reading through, I have to say I would welcome 2 pio/CE being more common.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★