Login

russian armor

MAP: 1v1 - Commune225

24 Nov 2013, 00:43 AM

**UPDATE v1.5: Fixed Church Walls, Muni Locations, Pathing in certain locations, Building balance, and Outer VP balance.***
**UPDATE v1.51: Fixed broken strategic point, removed small shacks near farm/railyard, paired town square buildings so that one side does not have more firing windows than the other***

Future changes: one building from the bottom right farm and the trainstation will be removed, opening up the flanks more. Broken fence sightbocking fix. Further retreat-pathing friendliness refining.

Hi everyone. MileWideThigh here. Just finished up my first map for CoH2, presenting it here for you.

Type:
1v1

Name:
COMMUNE225

Backstory:
A major storm will soon hit the region as winter begins in earnest. It is crucial that the town, its rail station, and the surrounding communes be taken before this happens. Failing to achieve victory will make reinforcement and resupply nearly impossible in the coming weeks.

Here is the tac-map (Unfortunately I do not have the time right now to make a really nice one like our (proskills) friend OnkelSam makes):

Link to the image (easier to see territory boundaries)
http://imgur.com/Y6waNk3

Here is the link to some screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/NSCVJ#0

Video Demo:
http://www.twitch.tv/milewidethigh/c/3300804

Here is the *up-to-date* link to google drive where you can get the file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7eHTGCNu1fDazBKSmxnT2gwQ0E/edit?usp=sharing
(Click file/download - or Ctrl+s -to download the .rar package)

2v2 Version Available Here:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/11285/map-2v2-commune-225

Steam Community Group (for custom matchmaking):
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/commune225
Feel free to join this steam group so that you can easily arrange custom games with other people who have this map! As I release new maps I will continue to create steam groups for them so that people can enjoy their custom content as a community. It would be nice if this method caught on, so tell your friends!

Description:
This is a 1v1 map which features open flanks and a small town in the center. The edges, obviously, favor vehicles, while the center gives an advantage to infantry. The high resource points are in the corners, and the strategic point layout, which I think is quite balanced, can create some aggressive cutoffs. You can get a sense of the arrangement in the first screen I have provided in the album.

So far I have had a few really great games on this map and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it. To install, follow the same instructions as any other map.

Cheers!
MWT

Edit: Feedback is of course welcome. I have tried to design this map so that it is very competitive, but since I can only play test so much on my own I invite anyone to share their opinions here. Thanks again.
Edit2: I have reuploaded the .rar to google drive because in the original I accidentally duplicated one of the files. My apologies. The new link is accurate
Edit3: Updated post with OnkelSam's excellent advice. Thank you!
Edit4: Music bug fixed (or at least it was on my end, be sure to let me know if it persists for you).
24 Nov 2013, 10:24 AM
Honorary Member Badge

hey man. embedding an image with the tactical map directly into this post will give people much easier access to your map and will most likely result in more downloads ;) just a hint
24 Nov 2013, 18:45 PM

Hey it seems a very nice and detailed map, but please make it (at least) 2v2! :)
24 Nov 2013, 22:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2013, 18:45 PMLutzow
Hey it seems a very nice and detailed map, but please make it (at least) 2v2! :)

I would love to make a 4p version in the future. Unfortunately it will require a significant redesign of the corner regions because the bases were originally designed for 1 player. I will look into it, though. I think it is a good idea :) And I appreciate the feedback.
24 Nov 2013, 22:16 PM

I like it! :-) Especially graveyard :-D
24 Nov 2013, 22:18 PM
Donator 11

24 Nov 2013, 22:52 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2013, 22:16 PMLund066
I like it! :-) Especially graveyard :-D

governor approved. arhg, tomorrow new walking dead.
24 Nov 2013, 23:18 PM

I just played this map for almost one hour.. its really great, you just need to fix some minor things like doubled music playing in background that was a little bit annoying but thats kinda all... :)
24 Nov 2013, 23:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2013, 22:52 PMakosi

governor approved. arhg, tomorrow new walking dead.

yeah..last episode was awesome :-D but its kinda offtopic;-)
25 Nov 2013, 00:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2013, 23:18 PMLund066
I just played this map for almost one hour.. its really great, you just need to fix some minor things like doubled music playing in background that was a little bit annoying but thats kinda all... :)

Music issue should be solved. Thank you for your feedback. It is very appreciated.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2013, 22:18 PMZ3r07
good job!

@Z3r07: Thank you!
25 Nov 2013, 00:07 AM
Patrion 14

Very nice map, when I was playing, I suddenly had a bugsplat. Might be my hardware tough :)
25 Nov 2013, 00:20 AM

Great map, reminds me of VCoH Ruins of Rouen.
25 Nov 2013, 01:35 AM

@VonIvan:
Thank you, Ivan. Not a vCoH vet myself, so the comparison means less to me than it might to a lot of others. Regardless I am glad you like it.

Very nice map, when I was playing, I suddenly had a bugsplat. Might be my hardware tough :)

@VonKulge
Hmmm. I haven't had any bugsplats. Not yet. Did you get it more than once?
25 Nov 2013, 05:12 AM

Bumping in the hope that people will take a look at and join the steam community group for this map so that they can make custom games with other players who also enjoy it.

Here is the link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/commune225

Thanks again, everyone.
26 Nov 2013, 01:27 AM

To show off some of the terrain, I've streamed a demo video vs the expert AI to twitch, for anyone who is interested. Link is below:
http://www.twitch.tv/milewidethigh/c/3300804
26 Nov 2013, 13:47 PM

Permanently Banned
guys!, it is everything but not 1v1 map. IT could be 4v4 , it is so big.
26 Nov 2013, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2013, 13:47 PMakosi
guys!, it is everything but not 1v1 map. IT could be 4v4 , it is so big.

@Akosi: Its dimensions are actually only slightly larger than kolodny ferma
26 Nov 2013, 17:17 PM

256x~280. that makes it a pretty decent amount smaller than Moscow Outskirts, if im remembering right.

Note: There is now a 2v2 version available, if you would like more players! :)
26 Nov 2013, 17:23 PM
Patrion 14

@VonIvan:
Thank you, Ivan. Not a vCoH vet myself, so the comparison means less to me than it might to a lot of others. Regardless I am glad you like it.

@VonKulge
Hmmm. I haven't had any bugsplats. Not yet. Did you get it more than once?

Nope, forgot to turn on my additional cooling :p Really, very nice job ! :D
28 Nov 2013, 00:36 AM

Nope, forgot to turn on my additional cooling :p Really, very nice job ! :D

Thanks, Von Kluge. I appreciate the support. If you;d ever like to play, then hit me up on steam, or in the custom map steamgroup. The same for the rest, too. I'm not great, but I might be able to hold my own. Cheers, and thanks again.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★