russian armor

THQ is Bankrupt for Real This Time

PAGES (16)down
23 Jan 2013, 21:54 PM
Benefactor 115

lynx was at head offices in LA
23 Jan 2013, 21:54 PM

Sega got Relic - that's good news.

Wish all the Relic guys good luck with new employee; now that the thing is settled i hope Relic can keep on rolling and polishing this unique gem, that CoH is.

You guys rock.
23 Jan 2013, 22:00 PM

Best wishes to Relic under the new bosses. SEGA looks like the lesser evil indeed.
23 Jan 2013, 22:06 PM
Caster Badge

Very much so. Hopefully things will get back on track and we will get the beta soon :)
23 Jan 2013, 22:10 PM

Time to boot up your old

Good luck to Relic & Sega, with there old school background sounds like a win win.
23 Jan 2013, 22:37 PM

So.. its confirmed ? Sega has it now ?
if so I think its not so bad as Sega is ok I think.
Best of luck!
23 Jan 2013, 22:43 PM

Sega's bid to buy Relic remains a proposal for now, pending approval by a U.S. bankruptcy court judge. ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks and id Software, has submitted a backup bid of $26.3 million, in case Sega's offer doesn't go through.

www.polygon.com/2013/1/23/3908234/relic-entertainment-acquisition-sega
23 Jan 2013, 22:47 PM

So, do they just change the sign at the door and everybody can work as usual tomorrow? Or is this a week-long process (any info from other publisher changes).

Best of luck Relic under new management! Thank you SEGA (please don't screw up). And best of luck to the staff at Ex-THQ, especially THQlynx (miss u)!
23 Jan 2013, 22:59 PM

I can be wrong but it might take some time to change some legal stuff and etc.. bureaucracy takes a long time before things starts moving..
23 Jan 2013, 23:32 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

i hope everyone shuts up about this dumbass thread now so SEGA can feed Relic and we can move on. SWEET
23 Jan 2013, 23:36 PM

lynx was at head offices in LA

That's ok, THQLynx informed us very vocally in many forums and ways that he is "not at all concerned about THQ's financial situation" so he should be fine.

I'm sure THQLynx is doing great! He's probably one of the few that got to keep his job, and knew that when he said it.
24 Jan 2013, 00:01 AM
Benefactor 115

some people, jesus
5 of 5 Relic postsRelic 24 Jan 2013, 02:11 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2013, 23:36 PMKillian

That's ok, THQLynx informed us very vocally in many forums and ways that he is "not at all concerned about THQ's financial situation" so he should be fine.

I'm sure THQLynx is doing great! He's probably one of the few that got to keep his job, and knew that when he said it.

Nope, Lynx lost his job; but I'm not getting into this whole personal opinion vs corporate 'selling'; already tried a few times and no-one seems to believe me.

On a positive note, thanks to those who have remained positive about us throughout this - you guys rock! I have to say, I always remained confident about this and everything actually turned out better than I thought!

24 Jan 2013, 02:17 AM

i think you're oversimplifying.
any consumer has the right to express skepticism for any comment an employee has.

i've never stated you were an utter 100% fraud.

what i did say is that the opinion of a Relic or THQ employee should be taken with the same grain of salt that you would take when the Captain of the TOronto Maple Leafs claims "we've got a really good team this year and we're going to compete hard at the top level of this league".

Do I think Dion Phaneuf is a complete liar?
No I do not.

But, I'm also not going ot pre-order my 2013 Stanley Cup FInals tickets from MLSE either.

Seeing as Relic is in Canada i thought a hockey analogy was apropos.
24 Jan 2013, 02:50 AM

I really hope and pray that all the people who lost their jobs get a good settlement package to take them through the next few months .
24 Jan 2013, 03:30 AM
Patrion 15

Nope, Lynx lost his job; but I'm not getting into this whole personal opinion vs corporate 'selling'; already tried a few times and no-one seems to believe me.

On a positive note, thanks to those who have remained positive about us throughout this - you guys rock! I have to say, I always remained confident about this and everything actually turned out better than I thought!

congrats to you and everyone at Relic. sega appear to be good parents. creative assembly seems to be doing ok over there. hope that lynx can get a position at sega.
24 Jan 2013, 05:04 AM

Killian and tychus are acting like complete jerks in this thread...

On the other hand Sega buying Relic doesn't seem bad at all. Though I hope Lynx lands on his feet soon
24 Jan 2013, 07:21 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Awesome pic Bob, thanks for sharing it! :)

@Lynx, in your short time as CM for COH, I think I can speak for the majority of the community when I say that you've earned our respect and support. Let us know if we can help you in any way in the future.
24 Jan 2013, 12:44 PM

I really hope Lynx get offered to play some part in the CoH community. Having a CM that cares is so damn important :(

I've been through things like this myself, and from my experience "worst case" you get picked up by a awesome company and get a better position than you already had. Companies love talented people. Bis resumè is all over the internet, and that's a testament to the work hes've put in.

Wish you the best of luck, Lynx and hope to see you around no matter what happens IRL.
24 Jan 2013, 14:20 PM

I feel a bit sorry for Lynx. He seems like a cool guy and he hung around the SNF chat a lot and it seemed like he enjoyed the show as much we fans do. Hoping that you'll get a new job soon (and hopefully in the same business since which you excel at) and I hope you'll hang around. If you won't stay or will be too busy to stay, you'll be missed. :(

Do you want Lynx as CM again? Retweet!!! :D
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 30
unknown 2
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L