Login

russian armor

THQ is Bankrupt for Real This Time

PAGES (16)down
4 Jan 2013, 09:14 AM

Great.... Jim is here. This thread is now going down the gutter as Jim flames everyone who has a different opinion to him especially THQ/relic developers. Now he may be right, he may be wrong, but he is an asshole and for that I shun him.
4 Jan 2013, 10:34 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

HMM Eyes on you Jimmy >.>
4 Jan 2013, 15:45 PM
Senior Editor Badge

hey jim,

what about getback to savethq.com ?

4 Jan 2013, 16:05 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

This guy JimmyRaynor makes blatant attacks against Relic/THQ and their employees, then gets a >direct response< from one of them, which he promptly ignores. That's just rude. You're not welcome here Jim. You annoyed the fuck out of me on GR with your sensationalist quasi-tabloid rabble-rousing in the SC2 forums and you're starting to do the same right here. The only reason you got away with it for so long over there was because those forums were dead and we needed any form of activity, even if it was the lowest form. We don't have that problem here on COH2.ORG, so please take your shitslinging somewhere else.

Relic devs are our honored guests here, I won't have you disrespecting them, insulting them, and calling them liars. We haven't yet had to gag or moderate anybody here on coh2.org... but I guess there has to be a first. Want it to be you?
4 Jan 2013, 16:37 PM

This guy JimmyRaynor makes blatant attacks against Relic/THQ and their employees, then gets a >direct response< from one of them, which he promptly ignores. That's just rude. You're not welcome here Jim. You annoyed the fuck out of me on GR with your sensationalist quasi-tabloid rabble-rousing in the SC2 forums and you're starting to do the same right here. The only reason you got away with it for so long over there was because those forums were dead and we needed any form of activity, even if it was the lowest form. We don't have that problem here on COH2.ORG, so please take your shitslinging somewhere else.

Relic devs are our honored guests here, I won't have you disrespecting them, insulting them, and calling them liars. We haven't yet had to gag or moderate anybody here on coh2.org... but I guess there has to be a first. Want it to be you?

+1

Do it. Drop the bannhammer on his ass.
4 Jan 2013, 16:43 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

There is no ban hammer tbh. Yet xD
4 Jan 2013, 16:53 PM
Honorary Member Badge

+1

Do it. Drop the bannhammer on his ass.

+1

also marcus a good admin knows never to say you don't have the power.
4 Jan 2013, 17:36 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I don't know if this is good or bad or what but the trustee overseeing the THQ bankruptcy has also filed suit against THQ. It sounds like maybe people think that THQ is trying to dump its assets at a low price to the stalking horse bidder by making sure other people don't get a chance to bid, and since the stalking horse has agreed to keep the THQ management in place, this lets them keep running the company while shareholders are left holding the bill for the bankruptcy.

Whereas if others could bid there's a change they would snap up THQ's assets, fire the THQ executives, and in doing so give some money back to the shareholders (because they would bid up the price a bit). In fact it sounds like the investors want THQ to just be broken up and its assets sold off. A bit more info at this Gamasutra article.
4 Jan 2013, 17:46 PM

complete coverage of the bankruptcy hearing here...

https://twitter.com/DDInvesting/status/287214205004820480
4 Jan 2013, 17:54 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2013, 16:53 PMWiFiDi

+1

also marcus a good admin knows never to say you don't have the power.

I'm just a good boy :(
4 Jan 2013, 17:59 PM

I don't know if this is good or bad or what but the trustee overseeing the THQ bankruptcy has also filed suit against THQ. It sounds like maybe people think that THQ is trying to dump its assets at a low price to the stalking horse bidder by making sure other people don't get a chance to bid, and since the stalking horse has agreed to keep the THQ management in place, this lets them keep running the company while shareholders are left holding the bill for the bankruptcy.

Whereas if others could bid there's a change they would snap up THQ's assets, fire the THQ executives, and in doing so give some money back to the shareholders (because they would bid up the price a bit). In fact it sounds like the investors want THQ to just be broken up and its assets sold off. A bit more info at this Gamasutra article.

basically, the bankruptcy trustee thinks THQ is lying and or grossly exaggerating about how little money they have in order to sell to 1 certain favoured bidder.

before you guys get all bent out of shape claiming i'm stating THQ is being dishonest why don't you read the objections of the Trustee yourself.

Bankruptcy Trustee : "they manufactured the liquidity crisis"
http://www.distressed-debt-investing.com/2013/01/distressed-debt-news-trustee-objection.html

keep in mind THQ requested that they have their "auction" on January 9.
today it'll be decided if this is what they get.

https://twitter.com/DDInvesting/status/287259998004862976
4 Jan 2013, 20:55 PM

Who is this JimmyRaynor ?- I did not find any posts by that name in this thread ..
4 Jan 2013, 21:09 PM

Who is this JimmyRaynor ?- I did not find any posts by that name in this thread ..

JimRaynor is a "bad cop" in the 1991 movie "Rush".

The accusations are getting a bit more.... "bold" shall we say.
http://kotaku.com/5973090/creditors-call-thqs-bankruptcy-deal-rigged-want-it-stopped

funny how i'm called out to be some kind of horrible person for claiming THQ might be dishonest.
and now everyone is agreeing with me ... a January 9th sale is looking like a dream now.

no wonder that those top 3 accountant guys quit just before THQ put together this "chapter 11 proposal".
4 Jan 2013, 22:33 PM

short version:a guy on the gr forum who rabble roused quite often about thq going bankrupt. he did exactly what Tychus findlay is doing now in the same manner and with the same tone, making it quite obvious they are the same person.
4 Jan 2013, 23:02 PM

THQs "bankruptcy plan" was rejected by the judge today.
they'll be back at it again monday.
http://www.distressed-debt-investing.com/2013/01/thqi-reconvening-on-monday-more-coming.html

It's time for the THQ brand to disappear. It has lost a tonne of credibility in the last three months on every level. In response to another poster's vague recollection of what i predicted the thread was "THQ will probably fold". It's now time for THQ to pack its bags. It is time for THQ to fold.

This is not "rauble rousing" ; it is a plain view of the facts.

Companies like Viacom, Mattel and WWE are , through their legal representatives, basically calling this bankruptcy plan a "sham". The bankruptcy trustee stated the liquidity crisis was "manufactured".

At this point, THQ's logo on the side of any box does more harm than good.
4 Jan 2013, 23:20 PM

The only reason why this is high profile, is because we are a gaming community. I don't even live in the U.S. or Canada (but have lived in both countries) and yet, every time a sizeable company files for bankruptcy or tries to liquidate their assets, they always get into legal investigations. You think they do fraud over there? Come to Mexico for six months, you'll see why the French call us the perfect dictatorship.

THQ is no differente: its not suffering from a rare disease, it is not spectacular in any way. It is not strange to see high executives trying to cash extra money from bankruptcy (its business people), even if it is wrong butwe still don't know if this is the case, a court of law shall decide.

To paint this case as: "INCREDIBLY RELEVANT TO THE FINANCIAL WORLD AND THE GAMING INDUSTRY" is nothing but sensationalism.

American Airlines is also in Chapter 11, and the Hostess Brand is also knee deep in negative cover with calliope fire coming its way (being bought by a Mexican brand, too).

These are not the droids you are looking for. Move along, move along...
4 Jan 2013, 23:34 PM

so r u saying the THQ executives like Farrell and Rubin are fraud artists?
just like all other business execs?
4 Jan 2013, 23:56 PM
Donator 11

I'm just suprised it took Jimmy so long to figure out where the heck all the people from GR's COH section went. His abscence on CoH2.org was something I have really enjoyed.
5 Jan 2013, 02:30 AM
5 Jan 2013, 02:38 AM

could we invisible this thread for everyone but jimmy? would solve a lot of things....
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS