Login

russian armor

COH2 is DYING ! Here's why. Relic go back to basics !

23 Nov 2013, 13:44 PM

Hello everybody !

I know that there are lots of post like this one, still, I wanted to add my two cents. I've been playing COH since the beginning. And I have played almost every Relic's games. I am (was) a fan.

For those who are in a hurry, the Fuhrer sums it all (almost) here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKadx3pltng

Relic is listening somehow to the criticisms : they have added a king of a in game chat system. But it's nowhere as good as the one in COHO. The community is essential to keep a game alive. Right now it's going down the drain. In COHO, even when I was alone, it took about 15 seconds to find teammates (around same level) and opponents in 4 VS 4. It's getting longer and longer in COH2. This morning after 10 minutes I shut it down to play Mechwarriors Online instead (yeah there is a community there and not as many "editing" in the forums. Back to COH2, so along with a real lobby, a ranking system and ladder is required to match players together. True that there is not so much players around now to help auto matching ... No wonder they have removed the numbers of players looking for a game ! With those features it would help. For those who want a trip down memory lane, I've put screenshot of COHO lobby here : http://homepage.hispeed.ch/COH_Thoughts/

Then there is the balance problem. It seems Relic is trying to balance the game with commanders ! This just won't do it. Standards units should be where the balance lies. Commander should just add flavour NOT make the game.

About the commanders. They are premade and not dynamic. In COHO you could build your own tech tree. That was fun and added diversity. And still, you could develop during a match the tech that seemed most appropriate at any given time. It was dynamic. I bought COHO cash and I've also bought your commanders to support RELIC. Relic you sold a lot of COH2 games and DLC. Use that cash to go back to basics ! The little heroes of COHO was also great ! Giving you a reason to do some grinding. Much mpre than those pale bulletins.

This is not StarCraft. Please increase pop cap requirements for tanks, or tune them down, or make their hard counter (anti tank gun) really count. All the germans have to do is make the game long enough to raid soviet's base with a mass of tanks. That does not take a lot of skill. Ans it's not worth of the STATEGY label.

As for the soviets, having seen players with the industrial commanders just spamming T70 ... I hate spammers. This is no strategy. Just racing to spam and win. Waste of time. Tanks should be kind of useless if not supported.

I think that if things don't change fast, the game will just fade out and it would be a shame. As for now, the game is tone down (to appeal to a larger audience ?) but too complex for casual gamers and WAY too much simple for the hardcore fans (who wants finesse, balance and a real challenge on BOTH sides !).

As for General Winter, i am not looking for realism, just for fun. It is no good, that's why nobody's liking hit ! Mainly attrition adding to micro-management ...

We are not playing on game consoles ... So let's use our system specs ! Bring back a REAL zoom out ! So that way you play at the level you like and need.

At last the peer-to-peer. Come on, a dedicated server is a lot better. Lag has improve and it is less becoming an issue, but still a lot less good than with a real dedicated server.

Hope we have a COH2.5 soon.

Best regards too all,

Swiss Cheese
23 Nov 2013, 16:07 PM

on a side note there is a skin pack mod that also lets you zoom out, even in multiplayer. The post is around here somewhere
23 Nov 2013, 16:08 PM

I loved coho. That game had craziness but it was fun. Coh2 is boring and tedious. There were many op things in that game but because every doctrine had so many options, most were counter-able, especially when you add in heroes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Germany 687
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak