Login

russian armor

Regarding partisans

22 Nov 2013, 17:56 PM

Hi all

Seeing if anyone knows the answers:

- what does the survivalability upgrade actually give the partisan units?

- what's the difference between irregulars and partisans?

- do the AT partisans weapons load out actually make a difference or is their damage out put the same? For example, I call an AT partisan unit and it shows up with a stolen schrek. The next one shows up with PTRS. Are both units compareable or did I just luck into a schrek ?
VRL
22 Nov 2013, 18:04 PM

Irregulars: Can only spawn from off map & cost 250 mp.

Partisans: Can spawn from buildings or off map and 160mp.

Irregulars seem to have a much greater survivability than partisans (even after the partisan upgrade). Most likely, they have the same stats as Conscripts except much higher DPS (and 4 man squad ofc).

Conscripts can merge with Irregulars, but not Partisans.

EDIT: I am yet to see any concrete stats, this is only my impression so far.
9 Dec 2013, 02:20 AM
Patrion 27

Irregulars are indeed much tougher than Partisans. They spawn with an lmg42 almost every time but also occasionally spawn with an inferior DP-28 instead.

They also have an RG-33 grenade which may be the same one as the shocks and also get AT grenades after you upgrade for them at your HQ. Personally, I find them most effective in an M3-scout car for some nasty dps.

Assault Partisans spawn with a couple of PPSH most of the time but can also get an lmg42 or a couple SVT-40's instead. They are able to upgrade for molotvs.

AT Partisans can spawn with 1 Panzershreck or (!) 3 PTRS rifles. They are able to upgrade AT nades.

While Partisans really benefit a Tier zero Conscript strategy, getting all 3 upgrades at base, they can also build mines and barbed wire. The 10% faster build time bulletin for mines and wire benefits them.

Partisans are really nice to grab abandoned team weapons with since their mp cost is so low you won't mind getting rid of the unit. A funny side effect of this is, being added later in the game, Partisans only have a couple annoying yelling voiceovers so when you grab an Ostheer weapon they instantly become Germans.

Irregulars I've used much more like an elite infantry squad to get a good dps increase over Grens without splurging on Shocks. That commander also gives you PPSH and one of my favorite abilities: Conscript repair.

18 Dec 2013, 00:06 AM
Patrion 15

Thanks for the info Doth Life, I just played against someone using Partisans on moscow outskirts winter. They basically spammed partisans out of the corner every time i contested the west fuel to either deny or keep it safe. I don't think the MP drain was worth it for him, but it did deny me a fuel point for a while.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★