Login

russian armor

IA vs. AI, or "Why are Euros like this?"

7 Sep 2023, 17:17 PM

It's more than once that I've seen this on forums somewhere, but I cannot for the life of me understand why Europeans continue to call AI "IA".

Why are Europeans like this? Why? *I* am an intelligent adversary, *you* are an intelligent adversary, a goddamn cat can be an intelligent adversary if you're playing with it with a string. It's a f!@#$ing Artificial Intelligence. A robot. Not real. Artificial.

Maybe this made sense back when brits invented automated tiddlywinks machines that they could play against or some shit, but once multiplayer games were invented, "IA" stopped making sense.

I come across Intelligent Adversaries every 4v4 PvP game (some less than others). It's a terrible descriptor.

Is this just the Europeans' version of the Imperial measurement system?

How long until they realize "AI" (the metric system) is just better in every way?
11 Sep 2023, 20:55 PM

I have seen IA used maybe twice in my lifetime, where the hell did you see that?
12 Sep 2023, 08:23 AM

It's more than once that I've seen this on forums somewhere, but I cannot for the life of me understand why Europeans continue to call AI "IA".

Why are Europeans like this? Why? *I* am an intelligent adversary, *you* are an intelligent adversary, a goddamn cat can be an intelligent adversary if you're playing with it with a string. It's a f!@#$ing Artificial Intelligence. A robot. Not real. Artificial.

I come across Intelligent Adversaries every 4v4 PvP game (some less than others). It's a terrible descriptor.

Is this just the Europeans' version of the Imperial measurement system?

How long until they realize "AI" (the metric system) is just better in every way?

My thoughts on this question rn

in line with what Adamircz said - I myself have never heard any European refer to AI as IA.

EDIT
DonsofSandiego, is this your way of trying to keep this forum alive?
12 Sep 2023, 09:44 AM

Its like getting mad about, that in a significant amount of languages, the EU is called UE.
12 Sep 2023, 19:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2023, 08:23 AMNickbn
DonsofSandiego, is this your way of trying to keep this forum alive?

:sealed:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS