Login

russian armor

Effects of VP tick rate?

17 Mar 2023, 11:48 AM

I see a lot of the VP tick rate change discussion (4s to 3s) about how you can't make any mistakes at all or it translates into a loss. What I haven't seen in the discussion is how this could be affecting other areas of playing CoH3.
You have no time to pursue all but the most meta, cheesy, optimum strat/units. You can't experiment or delay your faction's best units by even a second. This degrades gameplay into mostly stale, repetitive builds (I have also seen the complaints on blobbing being very effective and most of the counters being too slow or not cost effective and you lose to VP drain). I think Relic needs to keep this factor in mind when balancing as increasing the timing of vehicles could then affect the infantry play that many players are enjoying as being one of the key differences between CoH3 and CoH2. What are your thoughts?
17 Mar 2023, 13:10 PM

Imo the idea that all games in modes should be top tier vehicles fighting each other imo is wrong and difficult to balance.

Certain units should be more important according to mode and late heavy tank should come late or should require larger modes to be cost efficient.

Then one can have different economies for different modes that would help balance the game across the modes.
17 Mar 2023, 14:29 PM

Still dislike the faster VP tickrate. A middle ground between 3 and 4 seconds would be intersting.

Currently its also stupid with shit like 0 CP paradrop units in the game instantly starting the VP drain.
18 Mar 2023, 01:45 AM

im all for a slower tick rate, either coh2's 4s or something like 3,5s
18 Mar 2023, 23:30 PM

Yeah a 3.5-4 second tick rate would be better from the experiences I've had so far.

Team games are often over before you can get into the meat of it. Sure there have been some amazing games that reach 45mins or so but they are a rarity I've found. Most end 30 minutes or under which doesn't quite scratch the itch like coh2 did
19 Mar 2023, 06:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2023, 23:30 PMGrim
Yeah a 3.5-4 second tick rate would be better from the experiences I've had so far.

Team games are often over before you can get into the meat of it. Sure there have been some amazing games that reach 45mins or so but they are a rarity I've found. Most end 30 minutes or under which doesn't quite scratch the itch like coh2 did

This is a pretty good breakdown on how I feel as well. Coh3 so far doesnt scratch the same coh2 itch due to the ultra fast games.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★