Login

russian armor

Upgrading penals to have guns

10 Feb 2023, 12:30 PM

I cannot for the life of me figure out upgrades. everytime i add an upgrade it just doesnt show up so im wondering what im missing. All i do is go to sbps and go to my squad, i then go on squad-upgrade and simply add one.
For example i made it so my Penal squads have no rifles, and i want there to be an upgrade where i can give them Mosins, Im using a simple upgrade where one action is to "add" a mosin and the other is to "change" the mosin. And yet it doesnt appear, its not even that the upgrade doesnt work it just doesnt show up so im sure theres a very simple solution.
Thanks in advance.
10 Feb 2023, 12:40 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

It is hard to say what the cause is without seeing the files, but there are a few things worth validating:

Is ui_group in the upgrade set to unit_upgrade_panel?
Is ui_position in the upgrade set to 1 or higher?
Is requirements in the upgrade empty or is the reason inside the requirements set to 'usage'. (The reason 'display' hides the upgrade when the requirement is not met)
Is the cloned Penal squad the same as the one linked the building spawner_ext? The filename should end with _mp. The other one is only used for missions.
10 Feb 2023, 14:18 PM

Ive managed to get the upgrade to appear thank you very much. However the penals are spawning in with the upgrade already ticked and with rifles in theri hand. Soooooo, what now?
10 Feb 2023, 14:46 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

In that case the upgrade is added to squad_upgrade_apply_ext, instead of squad_upgrade_ext. The _apply variant instantly unlocks it.
12 Feb 2023, 03:01 AM

Ive managed to get the Penals to spawn without rifles, and have the upgrade appear successfully. but when i buy the upgrade and it ticks green, No weapons are given to the Penals, is this because they have no weapon hardpoint? because i removed their weapons by deleting the weapon table does that mean they cant have any weapons now? Or is it another completely different reason?

Thank you for your patience ive never done anything like this before.
12 Feb 2023, 06:58 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

There should be a hardpoint with empty weapon list.
Be sure that the add weapon and change weapon actions use the right hardpoint name: hardpoint_01
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS