Login

russian armor

Saving mods

10 Feb 2023, 08:40 AM

So to save my mods ive been saving my attributes and then "saving as" my mod builder and replacing the old save. then ive been building the mod AND rebuilding it. I dont know what exaclty im meant to do so as you can see ive just done it all. What is the correct way to do it? Oh and when i save and build my mods it takes forever to show up in coh2 is that normal? should i just be patient?

Cheers
10 Feb 2023, 09:55 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Save as and save practically do the same thing. Save as only let you select a different file, but that is unneeded.
Rebuild is not necessary. That compiles all your files again, including the ones which are not edited. Build only compiles the changes and is much faster.
When I build the mod while the game is open it shows an error that the .sga file is in use. I always close the game, build the mod, and start the game again. Then it instantly shows the mod. However, if you have too many subscriptions, the game might take a long time to search for updates.

In short: Close the game > save > build > start the game
10 Feb 2023, 10:27 AM

Alright thanks.

So i should save my attributes and then save as my modding tool (because simply saving is greyed out and not usable for some reason). I will only click build now and i removed all of my subscriptions.

Ill see how this goes thanks.
10 Feb 2023, 10:31 AM

Ok ive done all that and ive reopened coh2 so many times, it says that my mod is 84Kb when its actually 85, this happenes all the time where my new Build just wont appear. The only solution i can find is to make a bunch of changes and then Build it and then it will finally get that 1Kb but it will still miss some. :(((((
10 Feb 2023, 10:45 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The changes only need to be saved in the attribute editor. The modtool does not need to be saved. Only when you edit something in there like the title or description. The button is disabled when no changes a made.
Comparing file sizes is tricky since programs display that differently. Some say 1KB = 1000bytes while others say 1KB = 1024bytes. (Same reason why disks in PCs are never the amount shown on the package.)
Best it to check the date. If the file is locally build without errors, then it is save to assume the latest it used after restarting the game.
10 Feb 2023, 12:23 PM

Damn thanks alot.

This makes sense now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %