Login

russian armor

the modding commuinity

18 Dec 2012, 10:34 AM
Honorary Member Badge

so far I see plans to support a casters dream (as well as a spectators) everything from shout casts to to well everything. What I don't see are any plans to support the modding community. (people like whiteflash and uncle sam and all those great mods out there for coh.) my point is I'd love to see a place on the site dedicated to this subject like for instance a a setup so you can post your map for everyone to see in an easier manner than making a forum post (which can be made to look nice.) but have a nasty habit of falling to the bottom the forums abyss where no one can find them. (as my mod list has done :()

my idea would be to make a mod (assuming coh has mod tools.) data base. a spot for total conversion mods, maps, skins and sound-packs can reside for coh2 in 1 easy location that everyone can find them. the idea is to have a template and a database to search around at all submitted mods/maps. kinda like moddb but shorter sweeter and more to the point.

would start with a place to put a header, a description area, a place to put one or two photos or youtube videos and place to put a download link or multiple download links. something simple like that designed to look nice always be similar to allow non experienced users to more easily find and take the leap of trying out maps/mods/skins/sounds.

also ofc have a search function perhaps categorized by the type of mod and categorize that and also be alphabetized.

if you have any questions about what im talking about. feel free to ask and ofc discuss. :D
18 Dec 2012, 10:50 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

It's a good idea. Have talked a bit to WhiteFlash about having a custom map be a "first post object", where it will get it's own special formatting like a guide or a replay. If we're smart, we can make that broad enough that mods could be posted in the same format.
18 Dec 2012, 12:05 PM

modding subforum anyone? :-P might be a bit early though...
20 Dec 2012, 03:53 AM

how about instead of a modding subforum we get clan forums? :P
20 Dec 2012, 12:30 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

thats why flash contacted me. He hasnt replyd back tho.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★