Login

russian armor

A Humble Request About AutoMatch

22 Apr 2022, 16:53 PM

I want more info about my rival at loading screen winrate home country most played unit etc. Online player cout with lvl range groups at main menu and detailed battle result Window

And add option for ..
Fast auto match find with +- 2 lvl diff
And
Slow but accurate rival find match making with same lvl or maybe max +-1 lvl difiriance
22 Apr 2022, 21:21 PM

Any info about that ??
24 Apr 2022, 04:46 AM

While I don't think the automatch system needs to be that in-depth (speed vs. accuracy options), the lack of discussion around the automatch system is pretty concerning.

CoH2's system is archaic and lacks a TON of basic QOL features that just about every modern game out there has, and from what we've seen in the CoH3 "preview", it doesn't look like a lot has been changed so far. To be fair, that was an early alpha, so things can change; but there's been no information given on this topic, which is a bit concerning.

My thoughts:

-'Ready Check', similar to most competitive games (ex. CSGO), where players need to confirm they're ready for the match to start. This prevents AFK players.

-'Leaver Penalty', also similar to most other MP games (ex. CSGO). If you leave games, you get a "penalty" that prevents you from playing again for a little while, with increasing times for frequently leaving.

-'In Game Report', self explanatory; the current "email us a replay" system is honestly unacceptable.

-As you said, better matches. Refer to this thread for examples. To put it shortly, the allowed "range" is far too high, and there needs to be hard cut-off as well. Top 50 players should never, ever, be matched against top 2,000+ players; that's just creating an awful experience for every person involved.

-Also as you said, loading screen info. What rank are my teammates? What rank are my opponents? Is one player in a pre-made group significantly better?
24 Apr 2022, 09:53 AM

While I don't think the automatch system needs to be that in-depth (speed vs. accuracy options), the lack of discussion around the automatch system is pretty concerning.

CoH2's system is archaic and lacks a TON of basic QOL features that just about every modern game out there has, and from what we've seen in the CoH3 "preview", it doesn't look like a lot has been changed so far. To be fair, that was an early alpha, so things can change; but there's been no information given on this topic, which is a bit concerning.

My thoughts:

-'Ready Check', similar to most competitive games (ex. CSGO), where players need to confirm they're ready for the match to start. This prevents AFK players.

-'Leaver Penalty', also similar to most other MP games (ex. CSGO). If you leave games, you get a "penalty" that prevents you from playing again for a little while, with increasing times for frequently leaving.

-'In Game Report', self explanatory; the current "email us a replay" system is honestly unacceptable.

-As you said, better matches. Refer to this thread for examples. To put it shortly, the allowed "range" is far too high, and there needs to be hard cut-off as well. Top 50 players should never, ever, be matched against top 2,000+ players; that's just creating an awful experience for every person involved.

-Also as you said, loading screen info. What rank are my teammates? What rank are my opponents? Is one player in a pre-made group significantly better?

Agrea ++
24 Apr 2022, 20:35 PM

if you do such stuff, half of the players will drop in the loading screen
25 Apr 2022, 03:51 AM

if you do such stuff, half of the players will drop in the loading screen

If the matches were made evenly, and there was a punishment for leaving, that wouldn't happen though. People leave in the loading screen right now because it's often top 50 vs. 2000+ rank players.
26 Apr 2022, 15:04 PM

At this point I am just repeating what I have been saying for at least half a year.

• Remove same queue for Arranged Teams and Randos. If someone is feeling extra retarded, allow a tickbox to say "Include me in the Arranged Teams queue".
  • "Ready" button per CSGO to deter AFK idiots.
  • Seasons that reset so as to purge smurfs and other pests from rankings.
  • Make MP F2P to bring players in and fill elo ranks.
  • Fix ELO discrepancy, ie. don't let people get matched at no circumstances if ELO difference > 600.
26 Apr 2022, 21:22 PM

That last change would render the game literally unplayable for me, i sit in queue for 15-30 min at a time already lol
27 Apr 2022, 04:22 AM

That last change would render the game literally unplayable for me, i sit in queue for 15-30 min at a time already lol

But at this state unplayable for your rivals they quit the game and your waiting time increasing
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★