Login

russian armor

How to make the Stretegical map in Lobby bigger.

25 Aug 2021, 09:00 AM

Hi

How do you make the strategical map bigger in the lobby window?

I save the picture in TGA file and save them in the folder in 4 copies as show in Uncle_Sams video.

1. mm_preview.tga

2. mapname_mm_high.tga

3. mapname_mm.tga

4. mapname_mm_low.tga

So the Question is how do I do this.

Cheers

[url=][img="https://i.ibb.co/BwC9zSp/How-to-make-you-strategical-map-bigger-in-the-menu-lobby.jpg" alt=""]
25 Aug 2021, 19:34 PM

How do you make the strategical map bigger in the lobby window?

The image used in the lobby is mm_preview.tga.

So you can adjust that to be whatever you want, but the game will try to place the points(vp,fuel,muni) on that image.

So then you need to adjust the mapsize field in the INFO file. This is how the game places the points. But you may run into issues with your OOB area throwing things off.

Most maps are square and the map image is 768x768. The preview is normally shrunk 50% to 384x384. If your map is rectangular those sizes may be different.

_mm_LOW.tga is the minimap in game.
_mm_HIGH.tga may have been the FULLSCREEN version of the mm at one point. But I dont think it is used anymore.
_mm.tga is the Worldbuilder created map and gets overwritten when you export the map.
25 Aug 2021, 19:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2021, 19:34 PMRosbone

The image used in the lobby is mm_preview.tga.

So you can adjust that to be whatever you want, but the game will try to place the points(vp,fuel,muni) on that image.

So then you need to adjust the mapsize field in the INFO file. This is how the game places the points. But you may run into issues with your OOB area throwing things off.

Most maps are square and the map image is 768x768. The preview is normally shrunk 50% to 384x384. If your map is rectangular those sizes may be different.

_mm_LOW.tga is the minimap in game.
_mm_HIGH.tga may have been the FULLSCREEN version of the mm at one point. But I dont think it is used anymore.
_mm.tga is the Worldbuilder created map and gets overwritten when you export the map.

So if I change the size of mm_preview.tga., say make it 30% bigger then it is and save, it will be bigger in lobby???

26 Aug 2021, 03:30 AM

So if I change the size of mm_preview.tga., say make it 30% bigger then it is and save, it will be bigger in lobby???

Making it bigger will make no difference. Coh2 resizes it to fit in the preview window. You would need to crop it if you want to see more of the map interior.

When you crop it, Coh2 will have no idea what you have done so the points it draws will all be in the wrong places. But if you crop it correctly (evenly) you may be able to adjust the MAPSIZE field to get Coh2 to draw the point sin the right place.

The amount you need to adjust will depend on how much OOB area you have and how much you crop the minimap.

It will not be easy. And is usually not worth the effort. But you asked.
26 Aug 2021, 20:46 PM

Thank you, Then I know.

Cheers
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment