Login

russian armor

AT Nades Vs Panzerfausts

20 Nov 2013, 01:10 AM

faust and AT nades can penetrate anything from the front, nuff said. also, AT nades hitting rear armor is not a bug, its intentional.
20 Nov 2013, 01:13 AM

from the front?

penetration is uinteresting to me, getting the engine damage off is what counts

the reason I doubt it is intentional is because relic had a bug in their engine that made stuff hit rear armor from strange angles in coh 1 as well
20 Nov 2013, 01:20 AM

penetration causes engine damage 100% of the time. there is a small chance it will be heavy engine damage, but it will slow your tank every time that in penetrates.

the reason i know its not a bug is because ive talked with a dev about it. he compared it to the piat in coh1. weapons fired in an arc can go over the front of the target and collide with the back half. this is considered rear armor. this is made even more common by the fact that AT nades home in on their target.
20 Nov 2013, 01:23 AM

okay so he explained how you guide it to hit the rear? cause if not then it's someone claiming its intended while it's seemingly random whether or not you score a rear hit, that's how far my relic doubting goes
20 Nov 2013, 01:34 AM

i didnt bother asking because its not very difficult to figure out. in case you dont understand rear armor, here is a picture showing what parts of the tank count as rear armor. its the area in red, entire back half, including the sides.

as for the AT nade arcing over the front, you can see this fairly easy in game. when a con throws a nade, it aims for where the vehicle is when it is thrown. once its flying, if its going to miss, the nade starts to home in on the target.

if the vehicle is moving forwards towards the conscript, the nade will be overthrown. this is the when the nade flys over the front of the vehicle. if its reversing away, the nade will be underthrown and when it homes in, it will still hit the front armor.

i can cause AT nades to hit front armor on panthers very consistently by getting close to cons, then reversing away once i see the throwing animation begin. it still has over a 1/3 chance to cause engine damage, but its practically 90% if it hits the rear.
20 Nov 2013, 01:37 AM

good post, enlightening but still seems buggy! the physics of it don't make much sense :(
20 Nov 2013, 08:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2013, 00:00 AMNullist

I have never once seen that happen.

Are you sure you are not confusing that with a non-penetrating hit?

ATNades have deflection damage so they still do health damage even when deflected (same with fausts). IE. no they're not non-penetrating hits, the nades just disappear occasionally. If you want to test this get someone to drive T2 vehicles (or blitzed T3 tanks if you like) on the road past the left semois fuel.

Probably seen this happen maybe 10 times over the past 200 games so it's pretty minor.
20 Nov 2013, 08:12 AM

I'd like that fausts would have a small chance to fail breaking the engine of a T34. Even if its only a 5%.

If the game didn't have that terrible input lag and its stupid pathing it would be fine, but currently is impossible to proper micro your tanks with its small LoS and avoid getting fausted by charging grens.
21 Nov 2013, 19:40 PM

The penetration of the Pfaust is also higher because the At-Nade has a chance to hit the reararmor from the front.

That is NOT an advantage, as it also means the AT nade might hit the from when thrown from the rear.
21 Nov 2013, 19:53 PM

Permanently Banned
The only way to avoid an AT nade or faust is to wipe the squad with weapon fire or have the squad retreat.

Squishing a model using the AT weapon causes the weapon to go off instantly.
The AT weapon will seek through unlimited distance and through any terrain once a model has started the wind up.
If a model is killed by weapon fire and there are other models in the squad, the next available model with start shooting the weapon.

Imo this is insanely dumb and should go back to vCoH style, where AT weapons fail to activate after the target moves more than a few units outside the activation range.
21 Nov 2013, 20:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2013, 19:53 PMRazh

Imo this is insanely dumb and should go back to vCoH style, where AT weapons fail to activate after the target moves more than a few units outside the activation range.

+1

This is my biggest complain about CoH2. Maybe whitout input lag I won't be so pissed about that.
21 Nov 2013, 21:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2013, 00:00 AMNullist

I have never once seen that happen.

Are you sure you are not confusing that with a non-penetrating hit?

I have seen it happen once. I threw a AT-nade at a vehicle that was blitzing in a circle around my conscripts, the AT-nade flew past it and disappeared in a forest.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★