Login

russian armor

8p The Road to Devastation

18 Nov 2013, 05:22 AM

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=208064464

WARNING!
This is choke point map.
It also breaks traditional game design and balance.
It exploits pathfinding, to make the match last as long as possible.
A good 4 players vs 4 expert ai can usually win after an hour.

I've only managed a single pvp game, 3v3, that wen't no where fast. Ended up a stalemate.

18 Nov 2013, 05:44 AM

ABOUT: This long winded, road from hell, is full of turns and cut offs. Experience Company of Heroes 2, like you have never played it before.

(Better Screen shots tomorrow, but for now, sleep...)

ALPHA 1
This is my first release of The Road to Devastation. Many things are placeholders. This is an alpha, functionality test version. There is no detail splines or splats, and minimal cover. The Blizzard is non functioning, until I can figure out what I am missing. Also, this is not a victory point compatible map, it will probably crash if you select victory points, for now. I am waiting for good feedback as to where to put them. I don't play VP often, so I am not keen to its flow. If no one speaks up, I may never add it. Also the CORE AREA is not set up, and minimal out of bounds.
You will either hate this map, or love it because you hate it. If you expect a quick round, this is not the map for you. If you like open maps with flanks, this is not the map for you, but another version is planned for the future, which will have additional ramps. It is mostly symmetrical. This is a choke point map, designed to slow you down. The closer you get to the enemy base, the longer it takes for reinforcements to arrive.

GameReplays is the only place I have to host maps, so here is a link to the thread it can be found. Sorry for no direct link. In the ZIP file, contains the archive file, place it in "Documents/MyGames/CompanyofHeroes2/mods/scenarios", or the appropriate folder for your machine.
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showtopic=818407

looks cool... I'll def want to check that one out.
18 Nov 2013, 20:26 PM
19 Nov 2013, 17:09 PM
21 Nov 2013, 23:31 PM

No change to spring version. 11/21/2013
ALPHA 3: (Update 11/21/2013)
I'm not sure if people like the additional infantry ramps, or if they hate the winter blizzards, but the spring version was downloaded 5 times more than the winter counterpart. Since I haven't had any feedback, I assume its the additional ramps. So I put them on the winter version! I also added in Victory Points. Keep in mind, the current winter mini map does NOT show the new infantry ramps. I will update the spring version to add in victory points sometime this weekend, so keep an eye out. These two updates SHOULD be the final update of the alpha versions. The next phase will be splats, splines, and detail. That means there won't be an update, after this weekend, for a while. Maybe sometime near the new year. I am really looking for some feedback, from the 400+ downloads that occurred. :) Thanks for playing.
23 Nov 2013, 01:12 AM

Spring version updated to include victory points. This will be the last update for a month or so, at which, I will be release (hopefully) the final versions for both, bundled in a single file.
5 Jan 2014, 19:23 PM

Updated the spring version today. Both copies are on steam workshop, make sure you are subscribing to my workshop, for the most up to date versions.
3 Oct 2016, 20:11 PM

Shameless bumb. No ragrats.

If you enjoy co-op against AI, give it a shot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 157
unknown 4
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak