Login

russian armor

Heavy Fortification Doctrine

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
19 Jul 2021, 07:32 AM

This doctrine is completely nuts.

Have a Panther, a Brumbar or the elefant (or the 3 of them). Get a Command tank for the 10%, set hulldown and if you manage to no be able to hold the line, just pop the almost instant smoke for you instant move from hulldown to withdraw safely.

All abilities in this doctrine are set to be combined together. Its a real pleasure to fight an elefant with this set-up on lane maps (which compose 70% of the pool of map). Elefant Hulldown with 0 downside other than the 10 sec before being active, the instant pop-out from hulldown make it like its the exact same outcome if you flank it, with a nice smoke and the 10% health.

Not to forget the reco loiter, hey, it would be sad if your improved elefant couldn't shot anything in it range because you don't have vision.

Hulldown is a complete stupid designed ability with its instant pop-out, even more when associated with smoke and a command tank.

19 Jul 2021, 08:07 AM

Hulldown has 0 downsides for a fixed gun vehicle with no turret?

I mean alright, if you say so.
19 Jul 2021, 09:17 AM

Hulldown has 0 downsides for a fixed gun vehicle with no turret?

I mean alright, if you say so.

Since you can turn instantly by leaving the hulldown mode, no it doesn't have downside other than the 10 seconds delay when setup.
19 Jul 2021, 13:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2021, 09:17 AMEsxile

Since you can turn instantly by leaving the hulldown mode, no it doesn't have downside other than the 10 seconds delay when setup.

Oh I see, because the player only has the Elefant to worry about and babysit and no other units.

Yeah it makes sense now.
19 Jul 2021, 20:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2021, 07:32 AMEsxile

Are you talking about Fortified Armor?
20 Jul 2021, 11:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2021, 20:02 PMSpoof

Are you talking about Fortified Armor?

Yup
20 Jul 2021, 11:43 AM

Oh I see, because the player only has the Elefant to worry about and babysit and no other units.

Yeah it makes sense now.

What kind of fucking point is this? Everyone has other units to worry bout, maybe you forgotten since you don't play the game

You do realize what everyone hates about Heavy TDs is the fact that they are easy to micro yeah? Compared to the multiple mediums you need in order to kill it, yeah its fucking easy to micro
20 Jul 2021, 13:02 PM

What kind of fucking point is this? Everyone has other units to worry bout, maybe you forgotten since you don't play the game

You do realize what everyone hates about Heavy TDs is the fact that they are easy to micro yeah? Compared to the multiple mediums you need in order to kill it, yeah its fucking easy to micro

Yes, I don't play the game.

But you don't seem to be able to comprehend sarcasm either.

Anyway, unless you're not on a lane map where it's feasible to just hull down the Ferdinand somewhere and let it camp indefinitely while you micro the rest of your Army I don't think any complaints here about it are justified, unless you can of course provide proof other than words to prove otherwise.
20 Jul 2021, 21:33 PM

The problem in this doctrine is that everything is made to enhance the Elefant, again. It's not like there are different tools for different units that are supposes to support each other, nan that's just everything possible to made the Elefant more powerful with little to no micro.

- Pz4 has a passive aura that give bonus to the tanks around: zero micro required
- Hulldown: select the direction and use it, 10 seconds to active but instant disassemble so no extra micro required, no risk to be catch out of position, flanking are meaningless.
- Panzer Tactician has been nerfed to a whooping 0.5 second instead of instant. What a nerf for a 1 click free out of jail card button.
- Reco loiter: don't try to use your pioneers or a sniper to give you vision, too much micro required and you may run out of popcap to build your brumbars and since only panzer tactician cost you munition, you can spam the loiter at will.

Also its super practical to have again Elefant and a Reco loiter on the same doctrine, so you mate can select an arty commander offmap or inmap to complete the picture.
21 Jul 2021, 09:50 AM

Yes, I don't play the game.

Correct

Anyway, unless you're not on a lane map where it's feasible to just hull down the Ferdinand somewhere and let it camp indefinitely while you micro the rest of your Army I don't think any complaints here about it are justified, unless you can of course provide proof other than words to prove otherwise.

There are lots of lane maps and hull down is not only problem here. CP4 + elefant is too strong a combo in team games, especially with panzer smoke on top of that
21 Jul 2021, 12:59 PM

Correct

There are lots of lane maps and hull down is not only problem here. CP4 + elefant is too strong a combo in team games, especially with panzer smoke on top of that

And again I never said anything else but hulldown having 0 down sides for a fixed gun vehicle with no turret being a very dubious claim.
21 Jul 2021, 13:24 PM

just say you want to nerf it to the ground allied boi and that wouldn't do anything. Why? Because ppl still prefer jaegar armor. Its so op indeed.
21 Jul 2021, 14:15 PM

IMO Jadgtiger is more fearsome than the Elefant.
Sorry, Hulldown Elefant is definitely a silly idea.
21 Jul 2021, 14:39 PM

And again I never said anything else but hulldown having 0 down sides for a fixed gun vehicle with no turret being a very dubious claim.

a ferdinand at hull down probably has more range than a sieged up KV-2
now you can snipe the enemy SU-85 from half the map away, instead of a quarter of the map
21 Jul 2021, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2021, 21:33 PMEsxile

- Reco loiter: don't try to use your pioneers or a sniper to give you vision, too much micro required and you may run out of popcap to build your brumbars and since only panzer tactician cost you munition, you can spam the loiter at will.

Indeed, AA units require significant micro and recon planes need to be removed in a hotfix. They are OP, in contrast to easily counterable flares.
21 Jul 2021, 16:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2021, 14:39 PMKatukov

a ferdinand at hull down probably has more range than a sieged up KV-2
now you can snipe the enemy SU-85 from half the map away, instead of a quarter of the map

Either I'm not speaking English or I don't know.

I'm not saying that is not true, but how exactly does hulldown have absolutely 0 downsides for a fixed gun vehicle with no turret.

That's what I'm asking yet people keep on blabber about everything else but what I'm talking about specifically.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS