Login

russian armor

Delays in Mortars retreating

17 Jul 2021, 16:34 PM

Is there any way to make mortars actually follow retreat orders, because I've noticed that they tend to freeze for multiple seconds, fire an extra round or two for the hell of it, take a smoke break, and is that a bundle/shock grenade? aaaand its gone. I have genuinely counted 30 second delays in pressing T, and them actually moving. I'd like to say Im getting better at managing the delay between when they actually register they need to leave, but its frustratingly inconsistent, and I see it regardless of what faction I play or mortar I use from the sawed off USF mortar to the laser guided g34s
17 Jul 2021, 18:43 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

From what I understand, this is because once the mortar begins its 2 second "wind-up" it has to go through the entire process of firing a shell. There's a 2 second "wind-up", the shell firing and then also a 2 second "wind-down". The entire process can easily take 5 full seconds or more to complete even after you press retreat. Easily enough time to get a grenade on the mortar team.

You could argue that heavily reducing or removing these times and substantially increasing "reload" could make mortars too difficult to wipe since they can retreat. I'm sure there are ways to combat that problem though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★