Login

russian armor

COH3 Breach Mechanic Feedback

14 Jul 2021, 15:44 PM

I would like to ask what other people's opinion on this as well,

So right now, I think the Breach Mechanic is a bit too all-or-nothing, I agree that a proper mechanic to dislodge garrisons is sorely needed, but wiping an entire squad in the building is too strong. Especially painful if your high vet squads got baited into garrisoning a building that has infantry with breach ability. Reminds me of old Soviet demo charges.

I would say that the breach mechanic should be available to every squad, but the damage dealt is changed depending on the weapons on the squad.

If you have flamethrowers, 90% of squad max health.
Grenades or SMG, 50% of health
Rifles or Pistols, 20% of health
14 Jul 2021, 15:50 PM

- Shouldn't be available to every squad, just ones with AI grenades or flamers.

The damage should also be a bit of RNG: The regular grenade damage model, plus a bit from a firefight inside then the remaining models of the garrisoned squad should be seen to evacuate out the other side/jump out of windows in escape and reform.

It's the right idea, but it should be more of a grenade-and-force-out ability, not an outright deletion.

Also there is no need for any counter-actions by the garrisoned squad, a breach is the penalty for letting a squad get too close.
14 Jul 2021, 17:33 PM

We don't even have multiplayer yet and you want to discuss balance. Just wait to see how people actually use it. Honestly, I think 35 munitions is a bit too cheap for an entire squad wipe, maybe bump it up to 50 or 70 munis.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight