Login

russian armor

Elite Mod COH - Download and Changelog

PAGES (29)down
11 Dec 2013, 18:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2013, 18:31 PMSpanky
If you are saying that the jeep is better now, it makes me smile. It was only the top players who used jeep and got it to vet2, but that was a rare but beautiful thing. Right now i have a feeling that if the jeep is stronger, it might get used more and i don't have anything against that :P I still remember, when i started using jeep combined with rifles, i got my micro alot better and also i broke my barrier in becoming a decent player. :)

I think jeep still has his place, without damage at 6, it's pushing is quite good, and increadably annoying.
11 Dec 2013, 19:53 PM

I think jeep still has his place, without damage at 6, it's pushing is quite good, and increadably annoying.

I think you make a fuss out of nothing he went all in right side angoville, Then you tried to stand up with 1 volk sometimes vs rifle + jeep.

You went 7 Tier 1 units and still didn't have map control i'm sorry but you just failed.

The first jeep u killed of easy, the second one got lucky with very low health.
I never seen Jeep do damage that was over the top.

The cover thing aswell, although you got a bit unlucky in that engagement Greencover on the car is:
A: small
B: If you just right click place them there they don't move. If you however attack on the rifles, they still might dance.
11 Dec 2013, 20:10 PM

At banana: Wouldn't use straff: still bugged

Also wouldn't use double jeeps / bikes on urban areas like Semois.
12 Dec 2013, 19:40 PM

19 Dec 2013, 18:36 PM

is pe and brits in here too? otherwise the pe mp income needs to be fixed :P
21 Dec 2013, 18:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2013, 18:36 PMDutchx
is pe and brits in here too? otherwise the pe mp income needs to be fixed :P

Atm there is not because they need major overhauling, Vcoh focus first. If the interest grows however it's not completely off the table.

Calliope barrage is bugged, it sometimes doesn't fire barrage now. Probably it's best to revert the cancel change.
21 Dec 2013, 18:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2013, 18:53 PM12ocky

Calliope barrage is bugged, it sometimes doesn't fire barrage now. Probably it's best to revert the cancel change.

Do you have a replay?
22 Dec 2013, 00:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2013, 18:59 PMTommy

Do you have a replay?

http://www.twitch.tv/d3vm/b/489168242

at about 1:05:15

I can't give you replay i don't have the replay.
Note that out of vision, as soon as the calli spawned i tried the first time it failed (you don't see this on video), then my second attempt (you see) doesn't fire again. The third attempt it does fire correctly.
24 Dec 2013, 00:00 AM

Would be nice to have the ammo reimbursed when using planes as Airborn and they get shot down before doing their task.
24 Dec 2013, 22:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2013, 00:25 AM12ocky

http://www.twitch.tv/d3vm/b/489168242

at about 1:05:15

I can't give you replay i don't have the replay.
Note that out of vision, as soon as the calli spawned i tried the first time it failed (you don't see this on video), then my second attempt (you see) doesn't fire again. The third attempt it does fire correctly.

It not related to the interruptibility of the barrage, its a common bug where artillery units cannot fire due to uneven terrain.
The road where the callins come in upside Angoville is uneven, it is quiet easy to encounter the bug there.
29 Dec 2013, 20:01 PM

Are there any plans to look at any of the following things?

-U.S. Doctrine balance. Cursory examination shows Infantry is far and away the best/most powerful/most versatile doctrine if looked at just by selection percentage, and it just got boosts to Rangers and OMCG. Airborne has no way of keeping up in the late game compared to the other two because its abilities are too expensive to be at all capable of keeping up a continuous barrage of effective fire as Infantry and Armor can, and Resource Drop is often entirely outperformed by OMCG. Armor's useful abilities tend to come too late to save you from anything going wrong though, and playing U.S. is often considered to be much more unforgiving than playing Wehr.

-Usefulness of other underperforming U.S. units (quad .50, mortar, .30 cal). These things never really see any play. I had a thought that maybe Supply Yard upgrades could be applied to mortars, .30 cals, and AT guns (but not airborne AT guns) since they're technically "rifle crewed" weapons, and might make the support weapons a more attractive choice without overshadowing the rifle play. Vet 3 rangers are super rare, but when's the last time you saw a vet 3 mortar or .30 cal?

Some other things I might hazard a guess at but would never be able to say for sure:
-Zeal and For the Fatherland being a little too powerful for 1 CP abilities? They ensure a marked spike in U.S. manpower drain if the U.S. player chooses to engage for almost no cost. It's often been said that the best U.S. counter to either of these 1CP strategies is snipers, but that just gives Wehr an exceptionally easy way to delay U.S. rifle vet
-It's already been said StuHs are too unreliable and a fix is being considered, but what about the Blitzkrieg and Manpower Blitz abilities? They're really not worth giving up off-maps or StuHs for, so you just always see players going LHS Blitz unless they take the 1CP dip for blitznades to go with volksspam.
-If other U.S options for breaking entrenched Wehr positions are made attractive enough, nerfing the 105mm howitzer to make Infantry less of a necessary tool for breaking out of the Wehr mid-game of MGs, med bunkers, cloaked PAKs, vet 2 grens, and maybe a puma or two? It would help open up Airborne and Armor as more generally viable doctrine choices.
30 Dec 2013, 00:32 AM

Well it's up to Tommy and the rest of the community. Interest seems low right now so there is little point continuing. Last week I did some final researching and solo modding. But if it stays silent in here I consider it dead.

To reply some of your points:

- Rangers did not get a buff (yet), I agree with OMCG, in personal list it's now 840 manpower although not a huge change, it is a small nerf anyway.
Infantry doctrine is most picked cause it synergizes well with most strats and is a safe pick. But Airborne and Armor really aren't that much "underpowered".
Howitzer nerf? No way in hell i would buff bunkers, sorry bro. :p

- 30 cal is useful, Mortar needs 4 guys and maybe some small work (a sniper nerf could help too).
Quad I designed some adaptations in a mod, which makes bursts cooldown more standard and in theory buffs it dps by 12% and a makes it even a bit better vs grouped units / blobs.
I don't think there is room to buff damage even more. Buffing survivability would make it superior choice to M8. Cost reduction on upgrade or 5 fuel reduction or something might be an option. But the Quad is not that bad of a tool really. Very underrated.

- Airborne, Bombing run is now currently buffed, I made another even more superreliable version though with 6 bombs and removed scatter. Maybe muni cost a bit lower would be nice. (only issue it currently has is when used in deep corners of certain maps the plane doesn't get enough time to unload all bombs.)
I need some help on the ability delay though. (Not sure which file it is). Tried increasing plane speed but that has too much effects on the dropping of bombs.

- For The Fatherland is slighlty too much yes. Zeal is very strong yes, but it was never overbearing. Without it US players would walk over terror players I think.
The way I would 'nerf' it is to put it on RHS terror. So terror is less appealing, but I don't feel a nerf is necessary.

That being sad inspired assault is the one that needs looking at for about 5 years now. xD

- Stuh, like with bombing run I found a very good reliable design. Well I actually found different options. But mostly in situations is this: STUHS fires shot, kills a guy, does average damage to the rest of the squad. It's much more reliable at killing infantry but the situations where it did waaaay too much damage are gone.
It would need testing though. Just it might be slightly too much. (If it is i'd tone down the AoE short and medium ranges.)
Only sad thing is that it looks more like a standard tank right now. And not that occassional I can destroy 10 guys in one shot blobkilling machine. For the I will try to shoot over the hedge but fail issue, I haven't found a solution (yet).

Resource blitz maybe: 160 munitions = 800 manpower but duration only 2 minutes. (only 2 minutes manpower penalty instead of 3)
Blitzkrieg ability: lower cost, removing accuracy penalties...

- The last thing I looked into was the bike and jeep. (Currently the jeep damage is slightly too strong while in Vcoh it's a bit weak.)
The jeep toned down a bit by reducing accuracy vs infantry and damage vs bike.

However negative accuracy increment removed on both jeep and bike.
Bike I found interesting thing that it's not following the standard vs green and yellow cover from all other mg's, lmg's, smg's. I buffed that. But also I reduced accuracy vs infantry in return.

Bike accuracy vs infantry:
Better vs more than 3 guys
Same vs 3 guys
Worse vs 1 or 2 guys

Negative incremental accuracy is a system that encourages blobbing small balls of infantry. I that is a retarded system. Often you see people putting their rifles over their sniper so the accuracy vs the sniper gets lower and it escapes the bike or jeep.

Again it's a system that would need testing too see if the bike doesn't become too OP and if the jeep tuning is enough.

Well goddammit this post is much bigger than I wanted it to be. xD
30 Dec 2013, 14:10 PM

I added to relauncher, how do I know I'm in EM when I start up CoH?
30 Dec 2013, 15:06 PM

I added to relauncher, how do I know I'm in EM when I start up CoH?

start a skirmish match and check if rifle reinforce is 24mp
30 Dec 2013, 16:52 PM

yeah it wasn't
30 Dec 2013, 18:43 PM

I got it to work now. If only there were peeps to play now. ;)
1 Jan 2014, 01:05 AM

how do you know you are in elite mod once in the lobby? i actually see in the lobby´s chat all players i just seen a minute ago in the standard version.
1 Jan 2014, 16:24 PM

how do you know you are in elite mod once in the lobby? i actually see in the lobby´s chat all players i just seen a minute ago in the standard version.

You will see about 0-1 available matches in the game lobby.
3 Jan 2014, 14:38 PM

Funny thing happened, I played a skirmish against PE used 3 US snipers and came up to a couple groups of tank busters, TB's proceeded to take out all 3 snipers with their panzershreks. It was quite funny.
3 Jan 2014, 15:01 PM

PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 30
Peru 13
unknown 7
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W