Login

russian armor

Elite Mod COH - Download and Changelog

PAGES (29)down
6 Dec 2013, 02:34 AM

Same, hit up this (incredibly rusty) vCoH player if you want a game
did u increase damage vs stug on bombing run?
6 Dec 2013, 02:47 AM

I brought that and the Sniper reload bug up but I don't think either made it in (yet).
6 Dec 2013, 04:26 AM

I brought that and the Sniper reload bug up but I don't think either made it in (yet).

Possible to write the whole changelog on bombing run? Or did u just do the straight damage cut and more bombs, no Aoe changes?
6 Dec 2013, 04:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2013, 23:03 PMTommy
Changes to mortars would also change the mortar vs mortar gameplay, which is quite good right now (when it occurs).

It doesn't occur often because they are have more downsides than snipers and thus aren't build as often, which brings us to increase importance of snipers instead of buffing counternsipe dilemma again.
+ It's not that good tbh, one lucky shot when you are moving your mortar can means it's gone.

About new contorsnaaaipeeeh; You took a non perfect system and replaced it with a non perfect system. It's not worse, but it's certainly not better either. I'm opposed I vote on democrats (conservative) for this one. And for importance of snipers in games dominating high level games: Congratulations you just increased it by let's say ... a 100%. The reason why they are so dominant is because they are a non risky unit. It does exactly what you expect from it AND now even more.

Imo if you do wanna stick to gayass 100% u'd really have to remove that unit sniped button. It makes it so easy to countersnipe. In return u could increase detection range for infantry slightly.

But I'm tired of these discussions about snipers vs snipers, it's a street with no end. I will not persuade you, No other person will persuade me, imo: the current system is the best. Some guys are waaaaay too focused on sniper vs sniper.
It's like buying a new pair of pink shoes and being obessed these shoes must fit your feet perfectly when they don't. But you really want to wear these shoes so you'd even pay for surgery to change your feet so the shoes would fit.(what did you exactly do to target tables of small arms?)
You even forgot the shoes are gay. (pink)

How is For The Fatherland fair? When it's on you still have 20 percent chance to miss. (So your next idea will be to increase accuracy even further to 1.25 or something, but what this also does is; change the close combat behaviour snipers have vs each other. BAM insta death for the one that shoots first. (remember Seb vs Razor?)
SO WHUT WE GONNA DO BOB? We lower accuracy on all ranges and increase on infantry ,heroic and elite in target table, right Bob? Damn Bob what happened to your feet ...

Sniper reload bug up

Isn't this the way how every weapon behaves though(?), and thus reload should just be increased?
6 Dec 2013, 05:39 AM

I think you're underestimating what the fear of 100% CS will do to the prevalence of Snipers. They'll be firing less > less need to get a Sniper to counter-snipe. But we'll see.
6 Dec 2013, 06:09 AM

Totally academic question: What if snipers were removed entirely?

Obviously there would need to be a way to prevent medics from picking up casualties--maybe mortar kills should result in non-revival deaths. But with buffs to the croc and halftrack, snipers may be needed less vs T2.

Anyway, this is all academic, and I'm sure others have pondered it as well, but would removing snipers entirely actually promote build diversity?
6 Dec 2013, 07:50 AM

Totally academic question: What if snipers were removed entirely?

Obviously there would need to be a way to prevent medics from picking up casualties--maybe mortar kills should result in non-revival deaths. But with buffs to the croc and halftrack, snipers may be needed less vs T2.

Anyway, this is all academic, and I'm sure others have pondered it as well, but would removing snipers entirely actually promote build diversity?

It would buff grenspam with ftfl or zeal a lot and no unit diversity will go down. We could modify the game so it works but still ...

Deleting, just like completely nerfing something to the ground is just a lazy solution. Everytime you face a problem do you just 'delete' instead of fixing it?

I think many people are wrong in this area where they don't fix anything with changing the rules of countersniping. I'd just tone down snipers a bit so they would seem less of the invincible problem. Buffing the countersniper isn't the right way. Things like 24mp rifles already have their impact on the effectiveness on the sniper. Sure it's not good enough yet, but still.

The big reason people make such a fuss about countersnipers not being 100% and shit is because the sniper is THE MVU (Most valuable unit) of the COH right now. It could be less of an impact and score as much as 3 pointers and dunks as any other units instead of being the star of the show all the time.
6 Dec 2013, 08:04 AM

I think you're underestimating what the fear of 100% CS will do to the prevalence of Snipers. They'll be firing less > less need to get a Sniper to counter-snipe. But we'll see.

I think you underestimate the power of the fog of war. Sneak up a sniper get that 100 percent shot and turn the game around. That certain 340mp trade I was talking about. Sure you could have some gamesense your opponent invested in something. But that could have been a teching up just aswell.
You paralyze him into fear on a possibility? That's a joke, that's even a bigger gamble the player needs to take than 50% chance insurance policy.
Recon Run spam new meta?

If you make a 100% countersnipe you need to make a 100% penetration, assured criticals, Mo more M8's dodging pak shots, Less arty scatter ... etc etc
And don't you start talking about dice rolls, because one is enough to decide the game. It's not only about sniper you know: that one bundled grenade whiping out that vet 3 rifle, that near instant arty without a warning immediately whiping out a squad. Dat howitzer shells bouncing off the low health KT ....

Anyways i'm really bored and tired with sniper discussions. Terribly bored.
6 Dec 2013, 09:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2013, 08:04 AM12ocky

I think you underestimate the power of the fog of war. Sneak up a sniper get that 100 percent shot and turn the game around. That certain 340mp trade I was talking about.

That can already happen.

"But only half the time!"

Which is just covering up an issue by obscuring it with bullshit.

You paralyze him into fear on a possibility? That's a joke, that's even a bigger gamble the player needs to take than 50% chance insurance policy.
Recon Run spam new meta?

He's not taking fewer shots because he's scared, he's taking fewer shots because he has to line up a shot that can't be countersniped. Because people actually do that.

If you make a 100% countersnipe you need to make a 100% penetration, assured criticals, Mo more M8's dodging pak shots, Less arty scatter ... etc etc

Slip'n'Slide

that one bundled grenade whiping out that vet 3 rifle

You fucked up

that near instant arty without a warning immediately whiping out a squad

You could have retreated

Using your Sniper properly only to miss some idiot who's running his Sniper un-camo'd to a rally point and have him CS you without the other player having even touched his sniper - and this will happen 25% of the time

You've been fucked
6 Dec 2013, 09:11 AM

No one denies that 100% countersnipe could be too much, but 50% dodge is undoubtly too much as well.

I'm sure there's tons of ideas that can be implemented, from simple ones to crazy ones, but each one has to be tested before anything can come of it.

6 Dec 2013, 09:45 AM

He's not taking fewer shots because he's scared, he's taking fewer shots because he has to line up a shot that can't be countersniped. Because people actually do that.

Ye that's great, then you have 0% possibility instead of 50% still better odds. Doesn't have to be a 100% for that incentive.

6 Dec 2013, 09:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2013, 07:50 AM12ocky

The big reason people make such a fuss about countersnipers not being 100% and shit is because the sniper is THE MVU (Most valuable unit) of the COH right now. It could be less of an impact and score as much as 3 pointers and dunks as any other units instead of being the star of the show all the time.

Exactly. And as much as we might want to change it so, a sniper will usually be the preferred counter to another sniper. So we're talking about the highest value unit in the game being decided whether it lives or dies by a dice roll which is outside the player's control. The rationale for changing it is the same rationale for changing the 5% mine immobilize on Tigers/KT's, and for fixing the 5% bug/'feature' in 2.602;

it's
a) totally random
b) likely to have a very significant impact on the game
c) outside the player's control
d) not affected by anything else except the dice roll (once the bullet has been fired no other variables matter)
e) is only likely to happen once or twice across the span of a game, and not hundreds/thousands of times like every other RNG calculation in the game

6 Dec 2013, 10:16 AM

Permanently Banned
In this case Recon Run spam for the win, say goodbye to your sniper.
6 Dec 2013, 10:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2013, 10:16 AMFritzX
In this case Recon Run spam for the win, say goodbye to your sniper.

You Can still retreat with the heroic armour and survive
6 Dec 2013, 18:11 PM

I mentioned this earlier, 1v1 sniper is not the problem. It's the blobs. 2 different problems.

1v1 100%, I think it's not a big deal.

The problem is this. One side starts spamming snipers, now you're 2v1 or 3v1. Good luck. You CS, only to get CS back instantly.

The solution for the spamming has to be outside of CS. It has to be a combination of slower movement, negative zeal, reduced recloak, increased reveal by inf, increased damage from vehicles and inf at short and medium distance.

Recon spam here we come. Sure you can retreat, now US snipers go to work until your sniper comes back on, and guess what, recon again. Only solution I see to this is since T3 is natural counter to AB, then officer should be given huge reveal radius to offset.
6 Dec 2013, 19:53 PM

Recon spam here we come. Sure you can retreat, now US snipers go to work until your sniper comes back on, and guess what, recon again. Only solution I see to this is since T3 is natural counter to AB, then officer should be given huge reveal radius to offset.

So you're telling me right now you don't retreat your Sniper when it gets Recon Run'd, and just hope for the best?
6 Dec 2013, 20:55 PM

I just had a wounded soldier reveal a sniper, I thought they fixed that last patch?
6 Dec 2013, 21:15 PM

So you're telling me right now you don't retreat your Sniper when it gets Recon Run'd, and just hope for the best?

Sometimes I wouldn't retreat him. I can imagine many scenarios. So yes.
6 Dec 2013, 21:22 PM

1v1 100%, I think it's not a big deal.

The problem is this. One side starts spamming snipers, now you're 2v1 or 3v1. Good luck. You CS, only to get CS back instantly.

There is also upkeep. Upkeep can be increased to allow for say, 2 snipers max, before it cripples you too much. By going upkeep, it does not eliminate the tactic entirely, but it comes at a heavy cost to your economy. If those tow snipers don't perform as intended, then you are behind by A LOT.

I do not like negative zeal on snipers, because the original concept was designed around piospam with flamers, which are close ranged units. Snipers can be far away from each other and not much of their efficiency will decrease (albeit, it requires more skill to manage them properly)
7 Dec 2013, 00:14 AM

I just had a wounded soldier reveal a sniper, I thought they fixed that last patch?
Yeah, had this couple of times in games. Annoying as fuck.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 744
unknown 19
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W