Login

russian armor

Whats up wit AoE/near suppression???

5 Jul 2021, 06:05 AM

Isn't near suppression supposed catch units that are too close. I had multiple times when really tight blobs where units that are right on top of each-other weren't getting suppressed only the selected squad was getting suppressed even with the mg42.
I don't really understand why units that are like with each other fail to get suppressed just because they were not selected. Wasn't near/aoe suppression exist just for this case???
5 Jul 2021, 09:29 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Hard to tell. We don't really know how suppression works. It seems to be checked on a per-model basis but applied on the whole squad once a threshold is reached.
Maybe the second squad was partially out of the AoE (which might happen if the MG gunner already targets a model right at the edge), so only one or two models filled up the suppression meter which was not enough to suppress quickly? The AoE is weaker than the main suppression. It's hard to tell without a screenshot, but I also would not be surprised if the AoE suppression were pretty buggy. Sometimes I had the same feeling you described as well.
Vaz
5 Jul 2021, 19:02 PM

There are a lot of inputs to this calculation. It matters which guns are being used, the distance crossed by the bullets, the units being fire on, their veterency, the cover situation, etc. There is a lot. Coming on here with no exemplary evidence is just going to be a discussion of speculation.
5 Jul 2021, 19:19 PM

AOE works around model that being shot,if mg fires at model that far away from other squad model supression will be added only to 1 squad,if this model close to model from other squad both gonna be supressed
6 Jul 2021, 05:31 AM

Hard to tell. We don't really know how suppression works. It seems to be checked on a per-model basis but applied on the whole squad once a threshold is reached.
Maybe the second squad was partially out of the AoE (which might happen if the MG gunner already targets a model right at the edge), so only one or two models filled up the suppression meter which was not enough to suppress quickly? The AoE is weaker than the main suppression. It's hard to tell without a screenshot, but I also would not be surprised if the AoE suppression were pretty buggy. Sometimes I had the same feeling you described as well.

That's a shame.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS