Login

russian armor

Forcing AI to Target Enemies

3 Jun 2021, 15:51 PM
Modmaker Badge

I'm almost finished with my zombie mod and I'm having an issue with getting the AI to close the distance and attack units near it. Often the AI just sits while being attacked or runs towards capture points. I've tried numerous ways through abilities and actions but I couldn't get any to work. What I want is to have the units close in on the attackers and chase them.
14 Sep 2021, 23:48 PM

Create a dummy ability that only the A.I can view and use, give it the same range as your attack (presumably very short melee range) and pending_ability_out_of_range_behaviour to chase.

Create a new ai_ability file for that ability, in the tactic_max_range_override set it to whatever aggro range you want. Don't forget to set the priorities, and maybe target filters.
11 Oct 2021, 12:02 PM
Modmaker Badge

Thanks for the reply. I've done some tests and whilst they do look promising the AI doesn't seem to want to use the ability if its not within the range of the ability itself regardless of what tactic_max_override I set. I'm probably doing something wrong though.

For future reference this is what I've been using so far as an always_on ability. The scar function orders the units towards whatever enemy is within the radius. The main issue is that the AI will order stop in most situations which ends up making the zombies inch towards whatever their target is.
11 Oct 2021, 15:49 PM

Thanks for the reply. I've done some tests and whilst they do look promising the AI doesn't seem to want to use the ability if its not within the range of the ability itself regardless of what tactic_max_override I set. I'm probably doing something wrong though.

Hmm, the default satchel charge for penal battalions only has a range of 10, but if you see the ai_ability for that ability it searches the targets as far as 30 range and it definitely works that way and the A.I Penal squad will close and go towards the target.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★