Login

russian armor

will there be v4 update of commander patch

30 May 2021, 02:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2021, 01:05 AMLewka

Ya I actually really like the changes to Festung Armour, only thing the Doctrine is lacking is recon

Oh wow

There will be another? I thought they were just finalizing it before it releases in a couple days

in another week someone will post

"will there be v6 update of commander patch"
30 May 2021, 09:37 AM
30 May 2021, 20:25 PM

I was expecting a v4 too, but looking at the changes they seem mostly ok, perhaps a few minor things could be different:

-OKW: Opel Blitz instead of For The Fatherland in Fortifications doctrine, so pak43s and lefh18s can reinforce

-UKF: I would loved to see a 25 pounder emplacement in Advanced Emplacement doctrine, perhaps in place of Improved Fortification, along with an mg bunker

-Soviet: still unsure about the partisan doctrine rework, now partisans costing muni (tho they seem more durable, even if not mentioned), also spy network only working for the owner...

-Soviet and Ostheer: Rapid Conscription and Relief Infatry should be just completely replaced, they still seem like a waste

-Ostheer: Stuka Smoke instead of Panzer Tactician in Festung Armor, so they get some recon

-Ostheer: I would have preferred to have the arty barrage instead of mark target on the CP4

(-Ostheer: how about having Stormtroopers in Storm doctrine instead of JCS? :P)

I think Storm Doctrine could use a bit more adjustments. Jaeger Infantry Doctrine seems so much better due to having access to light artillery and CAS which IMO is better than situational artillery emplacements and a stuka dive bomb which is only good against static targets. At least Storm Doctrine gets smoke drops I suppose
31 May 2021, 05:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2021, 20:25 PMLewka

I think Storm Doctrine could use a bit more adjustments. Jaeger Infantry Doctrine seems so much better due to having access to light artillery and CAS which IMO is better than situational artillery emplacements and a stuka dive bomb which is only good against static targets. At least Storm Doctrine gets smoke drops I suppose

Storm doctrine is a top pick in team games right now cuz it can both build Lefhs and counter enemy artillery with ease, using the smoke + stuka combo.

My idea of replacing the Riegels with Stormtroopers instead of the Jaeger Command Squad is not only for the pun actually:
-JCS contribute with smoke and recon (flare) in Jaeger Infantry doctrine, however these are already available in Storm doctrine thanks to smoke drop, so they would be kinda redundant.
-The name Storm doctrine would suggest it is more of a breakthrough oriented commander, however it is rather defensive right now. JCS has ambush camo too, meaning that they can't move without being revealed. Stormtroopers on the other hand have assault camo which allows them move in stealthed, adding some offensive capability to the doctrine.
31 May 2021, 06:51 AM

I see your point, and I may have underestimated some of the abilities this doctrine provides. I mean I wonder what it would have been like if they kept it with riegel which is now part of the MOP haha. But clearly they do not wish to do that. I like the idea of having a second commander with access to the JCS but I can see what you mean where maybe a unit like storm troopers might be more appropriate. I am not so sure any more.

I appreciate your feed back as well, gives me insight to the commander's capabilities
1 Jun 2021, 18:38 PM

Performance suffered greatly after this patch for some inexplicable reason.
1 Jun 2021, 19:49 PM

Performance suffered greatly after this patch for some inexplicable reason.

Yes, the update has been rolled back for bug fixing until they can solve the framerate issues

I am hoping they continue to update the beta for bug fixing to help make the transition for when it goes live smoother
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 26

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight