Login

russian armor

How to use Blitzkrieg Doctrine?

22 May 2021, 03:20 AM

It seems to have some pretty nice abilities, but I am never sure when I should choose this doctrine over others

Thoughts?

When I look at this Doctrine it leaves me wondering why I am not choosing Spearhead Doctrine instead... Then again now the command tank has more abilities soon

There's so many more commanders that feel viable now it's hard to decide
22 May 2021, 22:14 PM

Wow so some people are telling me Blitzkrieg Doctrine is one of the best commanders. I'll need to keep that in mind
27 May 2021, 02:04 AM

Would anyone mind explaining the differences between the strafing run from Assault Support Doctrine and the strafing run from Close Air Support Doctrine?

I know that they both arrive at 6 CP and have a significant difference in price. With the more expensive one loitering and the other just does a quick suppression

Also makes me wonder the difference between the new Luftwaffe Field Officer's vet 1 suprression strafe

Do any of these 3 abilities even do that much damage to infantry or is it purely for suppression?
27 May 2021, 10:32 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Blitzkrieg is a sleeper commander.

1) Panzer Tactician. Hands down best ability. A get-out-of-jail free ability for your vehicles for a small munitions cost (or forces your opponent to invest extra micro). Also can be used to smoke machine guns if you dare.
2) JU-87G AT Stuka Loiter. Extremely strong anti-tank area denial ability. If you happen to get engine damage on a tank, drop this ability on them, and it's almost an guaranteed kill.
3) Command Panzer IV. Solid support vehicle that fends off light vehicles and infantry. Exceptional aura, keep it safe and it will keep your forces safe.

The other abilities in the commander are solid too. The only drawback is that this commander is rather munitions-intensive.

Assault Support strafing run is an anti-infantry loiter, Close Air Support strafing run is a single pass. They don't kill infantry, but have exceptional suppression.
27 May 2021, 12:54 PM

Blitzkrieg is a sleeper commander.

I very much disagree, Blitzkrieg was never the most dominant commander at any time but probably always has been the (or tied with others) second best commander.
In ML5 it was the second most banned commander with 50% vetos for the very same reason you stated.
I would not say that panzer tactician is the best ability tho, it is always a very nice ability to have but not really a reason to pick a commander

The main selling point is the command p4 and ju87 but the strenght of specially this commander is that it has probably THE best combination of support abilities in the entire game that are all situational but very usefull if you need them. Recon, tac movement and tac smoke are (usually) all abilities that would not lead to a commander pick but you can always find situations where just the availability is the edge you need in a close game.

You can make a argument that this comander is never a bad pick, maybe not THE best for any stand-alone match but always a solid choice
27 May 2021, 17:18 PM
4 Jul 2021, 15:19 PM

Its always on my roster. I play teamgames. I take it when I want a shrek pgren blob that can sprint.
6 Aug 2021, 22:20 PM

Its always on my roster. I play teamgames. I take it when I want a shrek pgren blob that can sprint.

Lol actually my same plan, with the smoke on vehicles to control enemy fire. Early game 222 with fast smoke runs can make your life so much easier against blobbing allied infantry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★