Login

russian armor

4v4: Cons VS. Penals 2021

5 May 2021, 12:26 PM

Good morning all,

Was in a discord call the other day and was chewed out by some other randoms about how retarded I was for using a 4 cons build in a 4v4 gamemode and how you should use penals instead.

Now I'm well aware that penals are better early game, but I'm also aware that they cost more to upkeep and have less utility all throughout the game. I've been tinkering a bit between doing only cons, only penals, a mixture of the two (for mainline infantry of course, I use support weapons always) and penals always seem to get the shaft late game where they feel like papiér mache against axis tanks where conscripts can hold the line and keep my MGs and AT guns in the fight.

So really I wanted to know what everyone else thought of this question and maybe I could get some interesting insights that I didn't think of. Thanks!
8 May 2021, 19:16 PM

Good morning all,

Was in a discord call the other day and was chewed out by some other randoms about how retarded I was for using a 4 cons build in a 4v4 gamemode and how you should use penals instead.

Now I'm well aware that penals are better early game, but I'm also aware that they cost more to upkeep and have less utility all throughout the game. I've been tinkering a bit between doing only cons, only penals, a mixture of the two (for mainline infantry of course, I use support weapons always) and penals always seem to get the shaft late game where they feel like papiér mache against axis tanks where conscripts can hold the line and keep my MGs and AT guns in the fight.

So really I wanted to know what everyone else thought of this question and maybe I could get some interesting insights that I didn't think of. Thanks!

It depends a bit on the map. If you're in Lienne and in the woods with its short sight lines, Penals often seem better. On Red Ball, flanking opportunities are limited so you'll be manpower-starved all game. It also depends on your opponent. If there are two OKW on your side, Penals usually make a better start. Late game, 7-man cons generally seem better than penals.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★