Login

russian armor

How do you counter Guard Motor Coordination as OST ?

16 Apr 2021, 21:20 PM

Simple question there. As a fellow OST enjoyer, I find it really hard (near impossible) to deal with this doctrine of SOV. It feels like what ever OST does, this doctrine just does it better.

Here, I made a comparison of what I have seen playing against this doctrine to this point.

OST-----------------------------------------SOV

> Using Grens at long range--------------------Using Guards at long range.
> Bringing in a scout car for early pressure------------------------------Early guards killing it
> (No LV Phase)------------------------------T-70 smashing my infantry
> Bringing in P4 (120 fuel)------------------------------Bringing in T34-85 (135 fuel (?))
> Mortar to counter guards from afar------------------------------120mm Mortar self spotting with flare to hulk smash
(And to counter 120mm with counterbarrage of which that doesn't show its range)
> PGrens to try killing guards at close -> fails miserably in open maps against guards

So what do I do against this ?
16 Apr 2021, 22:29 PM

16 Apr 2021, 22:37 PM

In 1v1?

1v1 and 2v2.
16 Apr 2021, 22:47 PM

S T O R M S

You wanna go storms vs this doctrine. Since he has no access to ppsh cons or shocks and guards are long range unit, storms that can enclose hidden are literal hard counter. Just be careful with using the tactical assault since guards do have that pesky nade up their sleeve.
Storms are less good if he goes for t1 and penals instead of conscripts, in which case I probably would just then get pgrens. Anyway you want to get that p4 even though it loses to t34-85 since the weakness of guards is the MP bleed and p4 can bring a paintrain to a 200iq soviet player who thinks having ptrs means frontal engagement with stationary p4 is a smart move. You'll just get the panthers after p4 to bully those t34-85s when your opponent can't get t34 out due to mp bleed.
16 Apr 2021, 22:55 PM

S T O R M S

Any specific Stormtrooper doctrine in mind ? Back then I used to find great success with Elite Troops, but as I started climbing the ladder I find this doctrine to be quite lackluster without any munition sink abilities like recon or an offmap and German Infantry feels really weird just for the Stormtroopers as with Storm doctrine which is mostly unusable in 1v1 2v2.
16 Apr 2021, 23:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2021, 22:55 PMJilet

Any specific Stormtrooper doctrine in mind ? Back then I used to find great success with Elite Troops, but as I started climbing the ladder I find this doctrine to be quite lackluster without any munition sink abilities like recon or an offmap and German Infantry feels really weird just for the Stormtroopers as with Storm doctrine which is mostly unusable in 1v1 2v2.

Since 5men grens are dead and close the kappa doctrine only has camo going for it I just go for elite troops for panzer tactician and the promise of possible tiger ace if the game goes long enough. Camo is still overall slight buff for infantry so it can be arguably better choice. Though that said panzer tactician removes the guard button so I still would go for that one vs guard motor coordination.
16 Apr 2021, 23:03 PM

Alrighty, thanks for the advice. Will give it a shot again.
17 Apr 2021, 16:11 PM

May I interest you in some sturm-geschuts. P4's supported by stugs should be able to deal with T34/85's. 2 stugs should handle su85's as well.
I don't actually use 120mm my self unless my opponent start being a total camper so don't know mabye being m more aggressive with the mg might help or mortar + mortar HT.
As for guards just focus on them with multiple lmg grens they are not strong enough to 2v1 lmg gren and if they HDT just fing nade their ass.

You can also try ass grens these guys with 6 men and some vet are difficult for guards to handle.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★