Login

russian armor

Lynx on alpha forum access

17 Dec 2012, 00:28 AM
17 Dec 2012, 00:31 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

For teh lazy:

Hello everyone, community manager Lynx here.

I wanted to address the status of adding all of the alpha testers to the private feedback forum. I know a lot of you are angry and confused, and I am truly sorry about that. Hopefully I can help clear things up.

As of Thursday evening, we were supposed to have implemented an automated solution that would import all users to grant them access to the private forum if they were verified as testers. I take it from the general sentiment of users that this has not happened or did not work? Keep in mind that I do not work in the group that builds these things, so I know what they tell me. There has obviously been an issue and I want to narrow it down so we can address it.

We were using the username you guys supplied us with when you registered for the alpha. Basically, if you supplied your proper forum username as instructed, you were to be imported automatically. If you supplied us with an incorrect forum name, the import failed and you were sent an email instructing you to go and register and account, and take further steps to get into the forum. Has anyone recieved this email, and did the process work for you?

I understand the inconvienience this has caused for many of you, and I understand why you guys may be frustrated. I am truly sorry that this process has been so difficult, and I've been working every day of this week to make a solution happen for you guys. Again, sorry for the lack of communication up until now - I've been waiting to confirm certain details before laying it all down.

So right now I just need some of you to confirm that the import is not working, and if you did get the email from us, if that worked as well. Please do not fill this thread with requests, that method is obviously not working at this tme. With your feedback now, I will hopefully be able to update our internal team to make sure a proper solution is being found. Much of the issues stem from our very old and limited forum software. We're hoping to have a new forum structure in place soon, which will remove much of these issues inherently.

Also, when the closed beta hits, this will no longer be an issue. By then, we will have a solution implemented inside of CoH2 that will prompt you to register so we can explicitly capture your username and grant proper access.

Please be patient with us as we continue to work on this. I understand that many of you have feedback that you wish to give on the alpha. Know that you will have your opportunity to give this feedback, even after the alpha ends.

-Bobby
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS