Login

russian armor

Osttruppen Doctrine opinion

13 Mar 2021, 01:53 AM

Frankly, I think the ostruppen changes is overkill.

The whole point of this commander well for me is be able to spam mainline infantry early like literally every other faction as Ostheer. I don't really like that instead of grenadiers ostheer had mg.

I understand that the tech rushes into either Panzer Grenadiers or light vehicles are very potent but there is really no point picking this commander if it reamain as it is as they are essentialy grenadier v2.

It should be instead produced on HQ instead of Infanterie Kompanie, it will also more fit the theme German conscripts as they are also buildable on HQ.
13 Mar 2021, 06:55 AM

Ostruppen are still very good and even got buffed with better late game scaling with LMG accuracy. The fact they they are slightly slower to arrive and you have slightly less resources due to T1 cost doesn't change their performance at all. Plus I've found that having access to T1 from the get-go means it's easier to mix in Snipers and Mortars which can be beneficial.
13 Mar 2021, 09:55 AM

Ostruppen are still very good and even got buffed with better late game scaling with LMG accuracy. The fact they they are slightly slower to arrive and you have slightly less resources due to T1 cost doesn't change their performance at all. Plus I've found that having access to T1 from the get-go means it's easier to mix in Snipers and Mortars which can be beneficial.

Yeah I guess I am just stuck in the past, I really like the build diversity which you can skip t1, go heavy t2. Now building T1 is necessary for every match.
13 Mar 2021, 13:22 PM

In 4v4, Ostruppen is usually a bad choice. It tells UKF that you aren't going to have any effective counter for a mortar pit until late, and invites Soviet or USF to get at least one mortar because you're going to be static.

Also, a vet 3 VSL squad seems to be a lot more survivable than an Osttruppen squad in the late game when facing a lot of indirect.
13 Mar 2021, 13:30 PM

Do you know what I dislike about the change, It removes the idea that wehrs teching is based on being able to skip tiers. Honestly it's not just wehr but for all factions risk v reward associated with teching is totally gone. Every faction now is this linear teching 1d stuff this just gets on my nerves.
I don't know who to blame Relic for not thinking balance first over sales or the player who just want everything to be safe and risk free.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 2
Germany 817
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak