Login

russian armor

Snare Inconsistency.

4 Mar 2021, 21:53 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2021, 03:09 AMPip

That really doesn't make any goddamn sense. The snares are approximately equal when fighting medium tanks, taking two to damage engines in any realistic scenario, the extra 40 damage being meaningless in almost any case as far as breakpoints are concerned. It's only when you reach premium mediums that there starts to be a difference.

Gren Faust vs KV1:(140/160 pen) 26%/34% chance to snare in two. 38%/49% (I think?) chance to snare in three, 36%/17% in four.

Generic AT grenade vs Panther:(100 pen) 13% chance to snare in two. 87% in three.

I'm not sure what stats you are looking at but this is completely wrong. The panther has an extra 160 health and is impossible to snare with two at nades. They do 100 damage and the panther has 960 health, needing 720 to snare. If you want to compare it to something you should compare it to the KV-8, which has the exact same health and front armor. The soviets will always snare the panther in 3 hits, doing 80 damage each time on a deflection. If grens get lucky and penetrate the KV-8 every shot with the faust they can also snare it in three hits, but if they deflect every shot it could potentially take up to SIX.
Pip
4 Mar 2021, 23:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2021, 21:53 PMTobis

I'm not sure what stats you are looking at but this is completely wrong. The panther has an extra 160 health and is impossible to snare with two at nades. They do 100 damage and the panther has 960 health, needing 720 to snare. If you want to compare it to something you should compare it to the KV-8, which has the exact same health and front armor. The soviets will always snare the panther in 3 hits, doing 80 damage each time on a deflection. If grens get lucky and penetrate the KV-8 every shot with the faust they can also snare it in three hits, but if they deflect every shot it could potentially take up to SIX.

You're right, I meant to compare the (vet 0/1) Brummbar and (vet 2) Jagdpanther (Though the latter is easier to double snare of course) , not the Panther, that was a typo/error on my part. In which case the values for two-snaring are correct (though the other values might not be quite correct).

Between three (approx 23% of the time) and SIX snares is an absurd range, in any case. I'm still not seeing why there needs to be anywhere near the randomness there is, even if there's still this argument that this difference between OST and all other snares is worth retaining.

Also: Thinking about it more closely, what was meant to be the Ost snare's strength again? That they're "better" against mediums? Both Allied and Axis snares snare any relevant 640hp vehicle in two strikes. The 40 damage (From a double snare) you /sometimes/ have over allied/OKW snares doesn't even change the number of shots to kill a vehicle from most AT sources, getting 20 extra damage if you're using only a single snare has even less an impact. For the lower-hp/light vehicles where this could /maybe/ be relevant you can't bounce with either sort of snare anyway.

The only meaningful interaction i can really see is that you might need exactly one more PTRS/IS Boys penetration in a few EXTREMELY unlikely scenarios...

If you want the different faction's snares to have a difference in effectiveness between types of vehicles, then this is one of those rare times something like a target table would be far better to use than the penetration system. The current system seems to have exactly 0 benefits over a target table, not that I even agree there needs to be a difference in performance between snares.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 53

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight