Login

russian armor

RIP German Infantry?

28 Feb 2021, 20:32 PM

Hey fellow Ostheer players,

Was it really necessary? German infantry was my favourite commander. Love infantry in general, liked to fool around with the halftrack in early game, 5 man pioneer squads with flamethrower etc.

However, with the recent nerf, the back bone of the doctrine, 5 men grens with G43, now just feels inferior to the MG42. Squad Leader bonus nerfed, and the StG44 feels completely wrong on Grens, they are not a unit that is supposed to assault.

What is this text even supposed to mean?:

"Veteran Squad Leader upgrade is also being adjusted to make the squad less potent, rather than a straight improvement over the LMG 42 upgrade."

I mean come on, it's a commander that is dedicated to infantry, of course it needs to be an improvement over the LMG? What is the point of the commander now?

This is not supposed to be rant, I am just kinda sad for my boys :( Press F.

I know there hasn't been alot of time for testing yet, but do you think there is any use for this commander now?
28 Feb 2021, 20:42 PM

Good riddance.
28 Feb 2021, 23:07 PM

The doctrine as a whole is still pretty good due to Frag Bombs + Assault and Hold.
2 Mar 2021, 13:02 PM

Hey fellow Ostheer players,

Was it really necessary? German infantry was my favourite commander. Love infantry in general, liked to fool around with the halftrack in early game, 5 man pioneer squads with flamethrower etc.

However, with the recent nerf, the back bone of the doctrine, 5 men grens with G43, now just feels inferior to the MG42. Squad Leader bonus nerfed, and the StG44 feels completely wrong on Grens, they are not a unit that is supposed to assault.

What is this text even supposed to mean?:

"Veteran Squad Leader upgrade is also being adjusted to make the squad less potent, rather than a straight improvement over the LMG 42 upgrade."

I mean come on, it's a commander that is dedicated to infantry, of course it needs to be an improvement over the LMG? What is the point of the commander now?

This is not supposed to be rant, I am just kinda sad for my boys :( Press F.

I know there hasn't been alot of time for testing yet, but do you think there is any use for this commander now?

They are now just worse volks but with rifle grenades, the only reason to get them is for free healing and the somewhat better survivability and with the slight decrease cost of the grenadier healing its prob not worth it.

Panzergrenadiers can now throw smoke while upgraded idk if its new cuz I seldom upgrade them.

VSL is too cancer for allies who got the best infantries in the game, they don't want to see ostheer mimicking their blob attack move and with the t4 building it is cost effective. VSL before is like a tank with turret while the lmg need to stop and aim.

You can still probably play them like the encirclement doctrine who skip t1 and goes for mg,pg,stormtrooper,222 or 1 VSL and 2 lmg grenadiers
2 Mar 2021, 13:18 PM
5 Mar 2021, 17:11 PM

Yeah, VSL's are pretty much nerfed to oblivion. Let's take the squad leaders G43, which supplants Kar 98's well, and substitute it with something that doesn't. JLI upgrades are preferable now imo, and can be equipped to PG's.

Ostruppen are on life support. They aren't bad, but their timing advantage is pretty much ruined.

Getting to the point where I'm going to play a lot more UKF.
5 Mar 2021, 17:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2021, 13:02 PMLMAO

Panzergrenadiers can now throw smoke while upgraded idk if its new cuz I seldom upgrade them.

It was that way before. They also have a very slow repair upgrade with the smoke if you upgrade them.
5 Mar 2021, 19:55 PM
Donator 11

5 man grens should have never happened. Now its even more of a joke because its basically buying Volksgrenadiers.
6 Apr 2021, 23:35 PM

I don't mind the STG44 switch but otherwise I think it was nerfed too hard.

The point is so the squad has more survivability, but now that is being added to G43 grens instead, which is understandable since G43s on grens are currently not very good. But I feel like with this change no one is going to use German Infantry Doctrine and will use G43 doctrines instead for grenadiers

Maybe give VSL some survivability back but remove one of their bonus abilities? Make their healing cost munitions again (I mean it's kind of redundant IMO when it now only costs 10 munitions), or maybe force them to use model 24 grenade instead of rifle grenade? As far as I can tell, when you use VSL grens you still want to be fighting at range still just like you would with lmg grens, even if they have the stg, they seem to be more effective fighters at long range

*edit or maybe allow VSL gren to place sandbags? I think this would help make them a more viable choice for mainline staying power
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★