Login

russian armor

Future Balance Items by Relic

PAGES (22)down
20 Nov 2013, 23:08 PM

i'd probably be in favor of increasing the T-70's manpower cost myself. 155 is very low for a unit that has great mobility, firepower and is immune to small arms and virtually immune to fausts unless it steps on a mine. It's certainly a powerful unit, and the scatter change seems a good idea to me; few things are more frustrating than having your infantry chased halfway to base by a moving unit you have difficulty countering. I'd put it at 210-220 MP myself. Increasing fuel cost seems a bit redundant after that, not to mention it's useless against anything not on legs or a HT.

But then again, it's merely Soviet Industry that makes the unit crazy OP. By itself, the T-70 is hardly invincible as VonIvan has pointed out, and if you can stem the T-70/T-34 tide the German player has the advantage of having a T3 building Soviets will have more difficulty countering. It has a window of opportunity during which it rules supreme, but if the game is anywhere near close the Ostheer player should have a Panzer ready within 2 minutes at most, and with proper preparation it's very possible to hold off the thing.
20 Nov 2013, 23:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2013, 21:35 PMGreeb
@Hissy
T70 vs Pak is a battle won by whoever see first the other.
Or you can just keep a grenadier unit close to your pak to be sure.

Not really - the PAK does tend to miss a moving T70 (due to it's small target and model size as well as it's speed).

As for the gren PAK combo: Sound advice...
Keep in mind however that this is a 'semi stationary' 600 MP investment that may easily be avoided once it's spotted.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2013, 21:35 PMGreeb
And do you know what? The same happens with the stupid FlameHT (which appears WAY before than T70 and rapes ATs alike) and I'm not here crying that it's OP.

Please (everyone), stop comparing the T70 to the FHT.

Regardless of its killing power (stil very much in discussion) it's just not possible to spam these.
They require a massive munitions investment!
Even if the OST player would save up all munis - the second FHT would be probably be finished round about the time T34s hit the field.
20 Nov 2013, 23:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2013, 23:13 PMMadok

Please stop comparing the T70 to the FHT.

Regardless of its killing power (stil very much in discussion) it's just not possible to spam these.
They require a massive munitions investment!
Even if the OST player would save up all munis - the second FHT would be probably be finished round about the time T34s hit the field.

Then the issue is that T70 is easy to spam not its damage output.
That is not OP.

Just increase the cost to stop the spam and remove that stupid Soviet Industry Commander.
I've said plenty of times that I agree too that the T70's price is too low.
But the unit values and numbers are perfectly fine. It's a unit that rewards good micro but still dies easily if you land a faust or any AT weapon.
20 Nov 2013, 23:18 PM

...But then again, it's merely Soviet Industry that makes the unit crazy OP. By itself, the T-70 is hardly invincible as VonIvan has pointed out, and if you can stem the T-70/T-34 tide the German player has the advantage of having a T3 building Soviets will have more difficulty countering. It has a window of opportunity during which it rules supreme, but if the game is anywhere near close the Ostheer player should have a Panzer ready within 2 minutes at most, and with proper preparation it's very possible to hold off the thing.

I agree.
EDIT: It won't happen, but still: I agree.
20 Nov 2013, 23:37 PM

i'd probably be in favor of increasing the T-70's manpower cost myself. 155 is very low for a unit that has great mobility, firepower and is immune to small arms and virtually immune to fausts unless it steps on a mine. It's certainly a powerful unit, and the scatter change seems a good idea to me; few things are more frustrating than having your infantry chased halfway to base by a moving unit you have difficulty countering. I'd put it at 210-220 MP myself. Increasing fuel cost seems a bit redundant after that, not to mention it's useless against anything not on legs or a HT.

But then again, it's merely Soviet Industry that makes the unit crazy OP. By itself, the T-70 is hardly invincible as VonIvan has pointed out, and if you can stem the T-70/T-34 tide the German player has the advantage of having a T3 building Soviets will have more difficulty countering. It has a window of opportunity during which it rules supreme, but if the game is anywhere near close the Ostheer player should have a Panzer ready within 2 minutes at most, and with proper preparation it's very possible to hold off the thing.

And ostheer would have a counter at least a minute earlier if anybody ever thought they needed one bad enough, in the stug. But everybody waits...pressure must not be making them sweat too much
21 Nov 2013, 00:04 AM

I did what? Oh mate at least be honest with yourself.

If you don't judge people by the player card then why did you ask for it in the first place? What about the post directly after you find out about my player card? What about your response when I said that my player card is fairly easy to find?

Good luck
21 Nov 2013, 00:31 AM

Its definitely reasonable to ask for a playercard when discussing about balance. It proves that someone knows what hes talikng about. Nullist is theory crafting all the time but isnt actually playing the game which is kinda stupid imo.
21 Nov 2013, 02:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2013, 23:37 PMJoshua9

And ostheer would have a counter at least a minute earlier if anybody ever thought they needed one bad enough, in the stug. But everybody waits...pressure must not be making them sweat too much

The Stug generally not being very good doesn't help. Now that the T-34 has been buffed to usable levels, I think the poor thing needs a bit of a buff too. Wouldn't mind trading it for a slight nerf to Ostwind or panzer 4.
21 Nov 2013, 05:56 AM

I find the stug to actually be quite good, as long as it doesn't get flanked. The HE round is great for stopping T34's.
21 Nov 2013, 06:56 AM

Permanently Banned

I did what? Oh mate at least be honest with yourself.

If you don't judge people by the player card then why did you ask for it in the first place? What about the post directly after you find out about my player card? What about your response when I said that my player card is fairly easy to find?

Because you judged me by mine. Shouldnt throw stones in glass houses you know.

Dont you remember? If you are going to claim everything I say is shitnbecause of my playercard, then its pretty reasonable to ask to see whonthe hell you thinknyounare to startncomparing penis sizes.

Instead of arguing actual balance, you went straight tonattacking me personally on my playercard, rather than actual balance discussion.

And my response to younsaying its fairly easynto find? You dont see what a bitchy response that was?
Instead of just posting it, you started this crap. Ofc I had checked myself before asking, but I cant be certain I had the right one.

TLDR: You came at me saying everything I write is shit, not by arguing what Ive written, but by personally attacking my player card instead. How about you be honest about that?

If you want to argue balance based on playercards rather than on actual posts, wtf is the sense in that?
21 Nov 2013, 08:50 AM

I find the stug to actually be quite good, as long as it doesn't get flanked. The HE round is great for stopping T34's.

I agree.
Well supported a StuG is really a pain in the ass.

The problem is that it can't go solo like a PzIV because its rear is very vulnerable.
21 Nov 2013, 10:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2013, 06:56 AMNullist

Because you judged me by mine. Shouldnt throw stones in glass houses you know.

Dont you remember? If you are going to claim everything I say is shitnbecause of my playercard, then its pretty reasonable to ask to see whonthe hell you thinknyounare to startncomparing penis sizes.

Instead of arguing actual balance, you went straight tonattacking me personally on my playercard, rather than actual balance discussion.

And my response to younsaying its fairly easynto find? You dont see what a bitchy response that was?
Instead of just posting it, you started this crap. Ofc I had checked myself before asking, but I cant be certain I had the right one.

TLDR: You came at me saying everything I write is shit, not by arguing what Ive written, but by personally attacking my player card instead. How about you be honest about that?

If you want to argue balance based on playercards rather than on actual posts, wtf is the sense in that?

This is my last post in regard to this subject because there is no point in this pointless discussion.
For me you have proved your worth with your posts and how you attack the person rather than provide some counterarguments. I made some valid points right before being asked for my player card not to mention your attempts to turn everything around by 180 degree. Now you're being attacked by me?
Ohh and just so you know there is quite a difference between having played one game and 50 of them as a faction. I have general idea how Germans work and what to expect. You played single game as Soviet and one can see this in your posts. You have decent knowledge about the German faction and their units but not a clue how Soviet works.
21 Nov 2013, 11:07 AM

Permanently Banned
Look back in the thread to your page long lecture attacking my playercard.

You started that. You went there, not me.

Then it turns out your playercard was shit too, which kind of pulled the rug from under your holier than though personal attacks on playercard rather than on actual balance arguments made by another person. No wonder you didnt simply link it. Yet youve been spamming up boards, attacking peoples player cards rsther than arguing their actual points, and it turns out you have only a few lousy 1v1s as Sov and NONE as Ost.

And seriously, your Sov bias stinks to high heaven, nor have I seen you even once suggest or endorse an Ost buff or Sov nerf. Mostly you just stonewall Ost concerns and jump on the bandwagon when it comes to Sov buffs.

If playercard is what determines in your mind whether someones posts are valis or not, then younare awfulky vocal yourself for having such a shitty playercard yourself. Basically according to your own logic, YOU shouldnt be posting about balance either. How do you like your own medicine?

If you want to discuss balance, discuss the points made about it, not by trying to wash it all away by simply "herp derp your playercard is shit so stfu" whixh is EXACTLY what you did. Especially when it turns out your own playercard is terrible.

This also is my last post on this, as it is yours.

In future, if you cant or wont argue the actual contents of someones post, and instead focus on attacking their playercard, you might as well not post at all. Someones playercard has nothing to do with whether their points in their posts are good or not.
21 Nov 2013, 11:47 AM
Honorary Member Badge

You can see it coming by very low presence of infantry. Usually it's 2 squads of conscripts and unit of Combat Engineers. There will be no support weapons in the early stage of the game.

You don't have to pick the commander till after you get three-four conscripts out, which is (judging from the industry users I've played against) the standard modus operandi. Four -five conscripts is usually the standard early composition of the soviets anyway, so I wouldn't call it a low infantry presence.
21 Nov 2013, 12:09 PM

Yes, you can do that, but wouldn't this delay T-70 as well making 5 minutes mark impossible to achieve?
21 Nov 2013, 14:06 PM

congrats!
21 Nov 2013, 14:12 PM

Well Nullist, he can use your logic and say that he sees a lot of 1vs1 replays, so he's an expert in the subject now.
PAGES (22)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS