Login

russian armor

Future Balance Items by Relic

PAGES (22)down
29 Nov 2013, 09:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2013, 09:30 AMkafrion
If anyone is interested in discussing game related stuff and not their personal quarels , i have been suggesting a possible solution against conspam/grenspam , a flat out increase in mp and pop cost of cons , grens and assgrens . Sth like , 280 mp ( for cons and grens ) 340 for assgrens , and 8 pop cap . Reducing comabat engies cost to 220 . And increasing maxims cost to 280 as well and upping the price of t70s to 185 65 fuel .

I agree that early game is the most urgent issue, even more important than all imba commanders imo.

im afraid simple price increase would nerf too badly soviets as penals still seem to weak and expensive to be the main force to tank damage so cons start seems the only viable option. However i do agree that a slight prince increase of those 2 overspammed units, in addition to some penals overhault (like giving them molotov shifted away from cons) could give us back the COH early game we all loved: made of elegant flanks and unit diversity instead of blob. consc would be there mainly to merge the penals which is what they have been designed for). While osth would have to play more defensively, advancing positionning the HMG in order to cut off soviets, instead of sending brainless grens after grens to the battlefield.

Also about M3, would it be such a bad idea to give it a scouting role like vCOH
US jeep (aka non-garisonable, cheap and high vision) instead of that ugly all-in rush unit?
29 Nov 2013, 15:41 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2013, 19:41 PMNullist
This guys seems to be mad too.

Mods, please get rid of this shit.

(And btw, this guy has 0 Ost games, and only 81 games total. Hardly the guy to start criticising the validity of the input of other players)

WTF kid he's just as good as you are statistically.

Quite a bit better I should very much like to think.

I decided to learn CoH2 like the way I should have learned CoH1 - play US (Sov) 'till you're stuck, then shift faction. Best way to learn. Only, I un-installed CoH2 before I hit the wall.

- I'm on these boards hoping the business-model and/or gamestate changes, and keeping up with vCoH. But I'm afraid I'll loose the final spark of interest soon :(

And 'mods', please do not delete anything. This thread might not be pretty, but it is honest and relevant.
29 Nov 2013, 15:52 PM

Permanently Banned
Fyi Eupolemos has 0 Ost games played.
My Sov W/L is better than his.
He has 81 games total as Sov in 1v1, with no Ost.
And he has now even uninstalled the game.

I know how much you guys like that kind of stuff, how you value the input of such players highly, so have at him.

Atleast I now play Sov. And am infact enjoying it very much with a pretty good W/L.
Just now had many lols with 7 Muni Mines and Dusches. I am enjoying myself immensely.
29 Nov 2013, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2013, 15:52 PMNullist
Fyi Eupolemos has 0 Ost games played.
My Sov W/L is better than his.
He has 81 games total as Sov in 1v1, with no Ost.
And he has now even uninstalled the game.

I know how much you guys like that kind of stuff, how you value the input of such players highly, so have at him.

Atleast I now play Sov. And am infact enjoying it very much with a pretty good W/L.
Just now had many lols with 7 Muni Mines and Dusches. I am enjoying myself immensely.

You are rank 60 000 with Ostheer after 120 games (bad) and you barely have 10 Soviet games.

Simply put, you have no fucking business crapping on the stats of anyone.

Here's mine in case you enter a hissy fit about how I only play Soviet http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198006923785

@ Mazarin: I would have also prefered the M3 to be a jeep-like low-impact vehicle than the all-inn cheesy unit it is currently. Firing outta a halftrack was fine when the Panzer Elite did it back in CoH, but in a faction that has snipers and flamers, having a very early infantry halftrack is a poor decision to me.

As for increasing cons/gren cost, I'm all for it. 240 MP is a bit cheap for a full-fledged infantry squad. And it may make Penals and Guards more attractive, it seems I barely see those these days.
29 Nov 2013, 17:37 PM

It definitely be interesting to see Conscripts/Grenadiers cost increase and how would it impact the game.
I think it can bring more diverse builds and combined force armies to the table. Less quantity more quality?
29 Nov 2013, 17:49 PM

I think a cost increase for cons and grens would be a bad idea, as it would make games more stale when units are specifically being chosen at a higher mp rate, as reinforcing, moving, and capping would take forever.
29 Nov 2013, 19:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2013, 17:49 PMVonIvan
I think a cost increase for cons and grens would be a bad idea, as it would make games more stale when units are specifically being chosen at a higher mp rate, as reinforcing, moving, and capping would take forever.

I don't think this would be a bad thing. I find games to be too fast-paced already, with each player having something like 4 units and half the map capped before first contact. It doesn't have to be as slow as COH's start, but stemming down the cons/gren spam can only be a good thing IMO. I'm starting to be sick and tired of the metagame being a tank rush, and higher MP costs could help with that.
29 Nov 2013, 21:38 PM

Are troops inside an open topped vehicle also considered as moving?

30 Nov 2013, 03:31 AM

good question, I think so but not sure either.

As for price increase making the gamepace slower, I dont think so. It would make the choice to cut opponent income more viable option instead of that run%cap game à la DOW2, which doesnt really give the opportunity to make realy strategic manoeuvre.

In COH, they were stratgies on ango or semois where u just didnt care about mapcontrol at the beggining as u focus was to try to take a good pinning position allowing u to cap the territory "for free" afterwards. That kind of strategy was intersting, that has been removed in coh2 sadly.
30 Nov 2013, 08:26 AM
Donator 33

Yes.

This question has been asked quite a few times in other threads and in the end, someone from Relic said that units in vehicles had reduced accuracy. I don't have the patience to find the exact thread though, so you'll have to take my word for it or use google.

Also, you'll see snipers miss often.
PAGES (22)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight