Login

russian armor

Future Balance Items by Relic

PAGES (22)down
19 Nov 2013, 00:02 AM

Seriously all this whining about T70 recently while Germans already have similar unit from the beginning called Flame Half Track.
Both are shock units designed to quickly deliver death to infantry. Both will die from 2 Panzerfausts or AT nades and both have similar role with FHT being able to reinforce as well. I would say FHT is even better at chasing and killing units. Try to AT nade FHT when its firing at you. Not to mention that FHT is T2 while T70 is T3.
19 Nov 2013, 00:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 23:03 PMHissy
I'm fine with T70's doing the damage they can, there cost should reflect this however.

Their costs do reflect this, it's like a mini Ostwind that kills slightly slower and dies a lot faster. It's the soviet industry commander who makes this unit problematic.
19 Nov 2013, 00:10 AM

If you've been playing COH2 since release / beta and are still getting your T70s fausted by anything but Camouflaged Grenadiers, you can think of yourself as not good.

T70 is MUCH more effective than an Ostwind, mainly due to Osteer low men per squad added to it's lack of AoE damage and solely single target damage. Ostwinds can take a Conscript to half health with 0 kills, 0 manpower drain is not efficient.
19 Nov 2013, 00:44 AM
Patrion 14

Seriously all this whining about T70 recently while Germans already have similar unit from the beginning called Flame Half Track.
Both are shock units designed to quickly deliver death to infantry. Both will die from 2 Panzerfausts or AT nades and both have similar role with FHT being able to reinforce as well. I would say FHT is even better at chasing and killing units. Try to AT nade FHT when its firing at you. Not to mention that FHT is T2 while T70 is T3.

Important difference:
A halftrack can actually take damage to small arms fire. So even without hard Anti tank on the field, it's still possible to keep it away from you. It's requirement to be at close range to do damage (making at 'nades much easier to get off) and its lack of mobility make it much harder to harass infantry all through the map.

A T70 is nearly invulnerable to small arms fire. And unlike the flame haltrack, works surprisingly well at sniping German models from long range. It has very good maneuverability which makes it quite effective at keeping distance from Grens getting of a panzerfaust. Even if it does, it has a convenient self-repair ability to get it right moving again without the need for combat engineers to march over.

Additionally, soviets have access to guards rifles (quite an effective counter to the halftrack) which can avoid investing in t2 for a ZiS gun.
19 Nov 2013, 00:54 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2013, 23:03 PMHissy
I'm fine with T70's doing the damage they can, there cost should reflect this however.

THEIR cost is fine
19 Nov 2013, 01:09 AM

T70 should just have the same range as grenadier panzerfaust, making it take damage every time it wants to get in range (it would still cause model losses). As it stands, you can just run around the map unsupported, gibbing squads left and right.
19 Nov 2013, 01:18 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It's about time the T-70 received a decent nerf like this, especially since they are so cheap to build, being only 160 manpower and 55 fuel.
19 Nov 2013, 01:20 AM

A T70 is nearly invulnerable to small arms fire. And unlike the flame haltrack, works surprisingly well at sniping German models from long range. It has very good maneuverability which makes it quite effective at keeping distance from Grens getting of a panzerfaust. Even if it does, it has a convenient self-repair ability to get it right moving again without the need for combat engineers to march over.

T70 self repair is a waste of 60 munitions. It does not fully repair a T70 after it gets fausted. It will need engineers to become fully operational again.

19 Nov 2013, 03:38 AM

The T-70 is safe. I find this whole topic on the T-70 to be quite amusing however. MVGame
19 Nov 2013, 09:06 AM

Permanently Banned
Fix self repair to full. Cos clearly a bug.

Reduce range to Shrek range. Cos atm yoyoing T70s laugh while resetting the PGrens Shrek cycle, and causing horrific bleed. The bleed is fine, but considering how expensive Shreks are, they need a better return vs T70s. Even at Shrek range, you can still yoyo, but atleast the margin of error would be a bit more fair.

Moving Scatter change as already suggested. Cos overall Vehicle kiting/chasing of infantry is a bit fubar. This change universally addresses that and makes Vehicles concretely want to stop to fire vs Infantry as WELL as vs Armor. This is a good thing.

Now lets move on to returning 222s to the meta plz.
It needs halp.
19 Nov 2013, 09:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 09:06 AMNullist
Fix self repair to full. Cos clearly a bug.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if self repair on T70 not fully repairing a faust engine damage was totally intended.
19 Nov 2013, 10:10 AM

Permanently Banned

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if self repair on T70 not fully repairing a faust engine damage was totally intended.

Explain please.
19 Nov 2013, 10:12 AM

Delaying the TA 1 CP solves nothing. The basic problem is that the concept of the TA changes the gameplay to a totally different game.

It has to go all together or find a new role as a regular call-in unit with some up-front cost.
19 Nov 2013, 10:13 AM

resetting shrek? ahem, in coh 1 repicking up weapons in the same squad made it fire again instantly. has this changed in coh 2?
19 Nov 2013, 10:16 AM

Permanently Banned
resetting shrek? ahem, in coh 1 repicking up weapons in the same squad made it fire again instantly. has this changed in coh 2?

Resetting the fire cycle. You misunderstood.
However on the point of picking up the dropped weapon, though there is no noticeable delay in the weapon transferring, that too resets the fire cycle far as I know.
19 Nov 2013, 10:18 AM

T70 strong enough unit to not also have to just laugh @ grenadier trying to pfaust him, then just go trololo I don't care I can hit this auto repair button, I don't even need to try to dodge you.

If it was only me, I would just totally remove auto repair on vet0 T70.

Now, explain me why you think T70 shall just autorepair every pfaust he receives.
19 Nov 2013, 10:22 AM

Permanently Banned
T70 strong enough unit to not also have to just laugh @ grenadier trying to pfaust him, then just go trololo I don't care I can hit this auto repair button, I don't even need to try to dodge you.

If it was only me, I would just totally remove auto repair on vet0 T70.

Now, explain me why you think T70 shall just autorepair every pfaust he receives.

You are skewing the argument. I asked why you thought it was intended, and not a bug.
I will explain why it is most likely a bug, since that was the original contention, despite your attempt to skew the discussion.

At 60 Munis its justified, and it was the original design of the ability.
It used to repair engine dmg, patch notes said nothing about deliberately altering that.

It got broken during the ATNade/Faust patch, presumably some in-game value was not correctly adjusted during that patch.
19 Nov 2013, 10:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2013, 10:22 AMNullist

I asked why you thought it was intended, and not a bug.

and I answered : because autorepairing a pfaust is just too easy, so maybe Relic intentionally removed the capacity for autorepair to fully repair a pfaust engine damage.
19 Nov 2013, 10:26 AM

Permanently Banned

and I answered : because autorepairing a pfaust is just too easy, so maybe Relic intentionally removed the capacity for autorepair to fully repair a pfaust engine damage.

Yes, you answered, but then you asked me a skewed question in response.
I asked why you thought it was intended, and not a bug.
You asked me:
"Now, explain me why you think T70 shall just autorepair every pfaust he receives."

Which was a deliberately skewed question that places the implication and false premise that I think, personally, that it should, rather than addressing the issue as a bug or not.
19 Nov 2013, 10:28 AM

sorry if I'm not speaking english very well my dear.
I should have known : Don't feed the nullist.

I just have been nullisted.
PAGES (22)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight