Login

russian armor

WC2020 TourneyMode Mod Query

17 Nov 2020, 10:16 AM

I was watching the VonIvan vs Luvnest lower bracket game yesterday. See link below.
AECoH -World Champs 2020 - VonIvan plays like a madman, are you surprised?! (lower bracket)

At the timestamp that I've linked there, Luvnest's 222 is trapped by the glider.

I understand that this type of thing happening is very rare, but is it something that can be avoided? It seems that he loses the unit due to not being able to move it after it has been pinned by the glider.

I'm not sure what the limitations of the mod are. Was more just a question out of curiosity. Thanks to all involved in the WC2020. Been very entertaining thus far!

17 Nov 2020, 12:30 PM

How would you fix it?

Maybe give light vehicles very high damage against wrecks?
Make wrecks of light vehicles and glider crushable by other light vehicles (if possible)?

Giving ideas would help kickstart a solution.
17 Nov 2020, 12:46 PM

I wish i had an answer. I have no idea what the limitations of the mod are.

I would guess that to remove any crush that the glider had would cause it to have issues with landing in areas that have objects in them. I don't know if that would make the glider more susceptible to breaking prematurely or not. That would be the other issue, you don't want to make the glider a write-off from the time it lands.
17 Nov 2020, 13:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2020, 12:46 PMTheVovo
I wish i had an answer. I have no idea what the limitations of the mod are.

I would guess that to remove any crush that the glider had would cause it to have issues with landing in areas that have objects in them. I don't know if that would make the glider more susceptible to breaking prematurely or not. That would be the other issue, you don't want to make the glider a write-off from the time it lands.

If the 222 would be able to get out ONCE the glider is a wreck (so no longer a unit anymore), it would be fine.

Light vehicles getting stuck in alive units is extremely rare (it did happen here), but them getting stuck in wrecks is common and a really annoying issue.

For the second issue, you wouldn't have to change anything about the glider itself only its wreck and/or the 222's interaction with the wreck.
Pip
17 Nov 2020, 17:22 PM

I wonder if you can just disable collision if a unit is already within a wreck. This already happens when two units enter one another, even if one then stops and becomes "solid", so I would like to hope it could be extended to wrecks?

I don't really see this being abusable.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS