Login

russian armor

MP Bleed And Float Reward Question

14 Nov 2020, 18:07 PM

Hello,

If a player is winning more engagements than their opponents, and ends up with more MP, how should they be spending that MP advantage? I realize this may be more of a "depends, it is situational" type of question, but are there any common things you see good players doing or are there a good rules of thumb?

Maybe fuel/munition caches, more infantry to overwhelm pressure opponent, saving it for late game when medium and heavy tanks become relevant, etc.?

Overall, I guess I am trying to see the major advantage of saving MP when winning engagements throughout the match, and how it adds up. How is the player winning engagements "rewarded" with more MP, therefore, making prioritizing of MP bleed that much more important. I hope that makes sense. If not, please ask away.
14 Nov 2020, 18:52 PM

As you said, it depends alot on the situation/ matchup and also game mode.

In 1v1 you should NEVER build a cache unless youre floating huge amounts of manpower and/or are popcapped.
Generally speaking a additional mg or infantry squad is what you want when you are already ahead to keep up the pressure.

Basically the same in 2v2 but you could make a argument for an early fuel cache to speed up your first tank but usually id advice to field more troops.

I guess in 3v3/4v4 a fuel or muni cache is the correct choice but dont quote me on that, i dont play those modes alot.

Keep in mind to spend you manpower to counter your opponents composition and playstyle, against a more campy player you might want a mortar/sniper instead of more mgs/infantry for example.

14 Nov 2020, 19:18 PM

As you said, it depends alot on the situation/ matchup and also game mode.

In 1v1 you should NEVER build a cache unless youre floating huge amounts of manpower and/or are popcapped.
Generally speaking a additional mg or infantry squad is what you want when you are already ahead to keep up the pressure.

Basically the same in 2v2 but you could make a argument for an early fuel cache to speed up your first tank but usually id advice to field more troops.

I guess in 3v3/4v4 a fuel or muni cache is the correct choice but dont quote me on that, i dont play those modes alot.

Keep in mind to spend you manpower to counter your opponents composition and playstyle, against a more campy player you might want a mortar/sniper instead of more mgs/infantry for example.

I see, so generally fielding more troops to counter your opponent or put more pressure is the best use of extra MP, or saving more MP than your opponent through winning engagements, in smaller team games?
14 Nov 2020, 20:29 PM

Usually all having a good KDR means is that your opponent isn't able to get his shock units and counters out at an optimal time due to manpower bleed. All you have to do is get your own shock unit ASAP or other units that help with gaining map control or doing manpower damage.

Usually you want to convert any advantage you gained into obtaining more map control or doing more manpower damage as soon as possible. You want to keep up the pressure. Skipping a strong shock unit to stall for an even stronger shock unit because you're ahead might allow your opponent to get back into the game (for example skipping the T70 to go straight for a T34).

If your opponent has both a worse KDR and struggles with map control, you could try punishing him further by doubling down on shock units. So instead of getting a single T70, you'd go double T70. No big deal if you lose one because you're so far ahead, meanwhile it gives you even more pressure. Don't go overboard on this though.

A cache would actually allow your opponent to come back into the game, because it takes a long time to pay for itself. Getting an additional unit instead would translate into gaining more map control, which not only means you get more resources, but also you means you deny resources to your opponent. This is not as important in team games, because the frontlines are more static, so a cache or two in the mid game is fine.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★